Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't have the time to read every post right now, but something dawned on me driving to work this morning.

Maybe the most impressive part of Cehlarik's game last night was that he committed a bad penalty very early, but was mature enough to make up for it as the game wore on.

Considering how he might feel about what's gone on this year, he didn't let it get to him and played great afterward.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I’ve been a fan on Cehlarik since his draft, he seemed to have the so whatever it takes attitude, he’s in great physical shape, and played against men in his junior program. That last one is always a good sign (Pasta also played against men)

I was very happy with his play alongside Krejci when he was originally called up and felt that he was just knocking at the door (he scored a goal in his first or first few games IIRC but it was waved off for GI or some BS) but I think injuries derailed him a bit.

I thought he looked great last night and had the points to prove it, but I also agree his foot speed needs work.

There were a few moments he really got his feet moving...but didn’t go very far.

Didn’t the bruins hire a new skating coach a few years ago or did they only have that guy temporarily during camps?

If cehlarik’s only knock is skating, it’s something he can certainly work on. Especially if he keeps going to the rink at “5 to 8”!

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I have from the start maintained management knew what that had in Cehlarik however were hoping one of Donato Heinen or JFK would perform for early trade...It didn't happen. Can't wait all year for one of those guys to perform?

It's all to obvious...they had no chance but to call up Cehlarik.

I think it is more the case that Donato and Bjork likely got assurances about playing in Boston in order to come out of college and not go the Wheeler/Vesey route. It didn't work out for the team, but I am ok with that bet.

They probably saw Heinen as a proven guy after last year. Numbers game for Cehlarik as a result.

I certainly was hoping he'd get a shot out of camp as I really like watching players like him, but I get the thinking at that time. The mistake was in not switching him and Donato after it was obvious Donato wasn't ready.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If the Bruins were to test the waters on Cehlarik, don't wait, get on the phone like you just picked up and RB1 from waiver wire after a star RB got an injury and wheel and deal. Sell high! Call St Louis about Tarasenko today and package some picks and Cehlharik

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
To be honest I think part of the reason he was stuck in the AHL is because he's been a pretty injury plagued player. I think this offseason was his first healthy one, and maybe the B's wanted him to put together a chunk of time for him to get things figured out while healthy. I'm probably giving them too much credit.

Reactions: shoulders7

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
To be honest I think part of the reason he was stuck in the AHL is because he's been a pretty injury plagued player. I think this offseason was his first healthy one, and maybe the B's wanted him to put together a chunk of time for him to get things figured out while healthy. I'm probably giving them too much credit.

No I don’t think so, like Joe pointed out, he struggled in Providence early on and didn’t exactly light the world on fire points wise

He’s come on more recently hence the call up, and everyone saw what we saw last time, he’s looked good in call ups. Glad he really seized it this time

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If the Bruins were to test the waters on Cehlarik, don't wait, get on the phone like you just picked up and RB1 from waiver wire after a star RB got an injury and wheel and deal. Sell high! Call St Louis about Tarasenko today and package some picks and Cehlharik

Cehlarik and some picks are not getting you Tank.

It wouldn’t shock me if last night was a showcase, but not for Tarasenko :laugh:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I have from the start maintained management knew what that had in Cehlarik however were hoping one of Donato Heinen or JFK would perform for early trade...It didn't happen. Can't wait all year for one of those guys to perform?

It's all to obvious...they had no chance but to call up Cehlarik.

NHL team tries to boost trade value instead of win games.

Or, they had some stuff they specifically wanted worked on, he finally did it and got called back up.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He knows how to park his behind in front of the net . Reminds of a mini dave andreychuck . We need this kind of presence in front of the net to be successful . Hope he stays now.

I usually try to hold off on the comparisons to Hall of Fame players until after the 2nd good game in a row.

Crazy, I know, but I’m conservative like that.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
NHL team tries to boost trade value instead of win games.

Or, they had some stuff they specifically wanted worked on, he finally did it and got called back up.

The college guys had their chance as committed by bruins management It failed. Along with heinen and his 5 goals. If Cehlairk is traded it’s becuae he s the only one that holds the most value.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Don't have the time to read every post right now, but something dawned on me driving to work this morning.

Maybe the most impressive part of Cehlarik's game last night was that he committed a bad penalty very early, but was mature enough to make up for it as the game wore on.

Considering how he might feel about what's gone on this year, he didn't let it get to him and played great afterward.

Composure comes to mind under immense pressure. First game bAck after being injured and forced out, knowing he could be trade target with ???# scouts at the game, bad penalty, etc etc. He scored 2 very nice goals and made smart plays.

He ain’t going anywhere. Neely wants size and skill. That’s my take.

Reactions: sarge88

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The college guys had their chance as committed by bruins management It failed. Along with heinen and his 5 goals. If Cehlairk is traded it’s becuae he s the only one that holds the most value.

And I’m biased :laugh:

I would bet the mortgage this month that Donato, who is a year younger than Cehlarik, has played two and a half times as many NHL games, and has better production...has more trade value (regardless of how I look at him).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I cringed when he got that penalty but was pleasantly surprised otherwise.

It's only 1 game though.

So did I- and I can only imagine how he felt, knowing this is probably his last chance to stick with the big club. Must have been a lonely skate to the box and two minutes to follow :laugh:. Thankfully he was fine and actually looked really good out there.

Reactions: BMC and Bergyesque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad