Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Put up or shut up time.

I don't have an opinion either way in this discussion, I hope he works out because it means the Bruins will be better. If not, thousands of posts about how he didn't get a 'real shot' will appear.

This is exactly how I feel. I hope to God he pots a hat trick in this game or something tonight.

Hell I just hope he brings some real stability to the top 6. Lord knows he's got the size and ability to do it. At some point one of these kids needs to really step up and start becoming a commanding presence or something. It's concerning when Jake is the only one so far with 10+ goals this far into the season

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think Leach meant to say 5 OF 8, which would have been the correct way to say it. Unless Cehlarik really is on the ice/in the weight room for three hours before the actual practice starts.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel this comment deserves retweeting.

The guy gets to the rink, every day, at 5am!?! And gets in a 3 hour workout while everyone else is sleeping.

"Nobody works harder" indeed.

When I first read it I thought Leach meant he was at the rink at 7:55 am which I just thought to be odd:laugh:

Hope the kid adds some zip to the offensive woes, I`m one who would very much like to be wrong about the kid and eat a ton of Crow over my opinions if wrong

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
pulling for the kid big time but he was called up to help boost the offence, if he is unable to do that, the B`s need to look at other options as I`m sure they are. I certainly don`t expect PC to light it up nightly but if he helps create opportunities, maybe pops a few himself and doesn`t hurt the team at the other end of the rink, I`ll be ok with it

Reactions: FanSince72

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah, someone is assuming we know when the average P Bruin shows up to practice. 9? 10?
Is it that he's there "every morning" that's significant?

Is it the time he starts? If so, why say 7:55 instead if eight?

Or does he skate really early and "five" and "every morning" is simply hyperbole to illustrate how hard he works?

It's the problem with Twitter reporting. Basically this tweet of someone else's quote says almost absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Or does he skate really early and "five" and "every morning" is simply hyperbole to illustrate how hard he works?

It's the problem with Twitter reporting. Basically this tweet of someone else's quote says almost absolutely nothing.

all I know is that something is going on at or around five to 8am and I`m getting a little suspicious as to what that might be:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think the real significance of the tweet about about the time is that it shows everyone how biased we can be about a player. Instead of reading it for what it was (and like MMB pointed out, without context) it was attributed that he's out there for 3 hours before anyone else is at the facility. Obviously that's not accurate. And obviously we all as fans of the team want Peter to succeed, but let's rein the expectations in a bit. He's a young guy that's worked hard to earn a shot. Let his game grow and show whether he belongs here or not. No 5 minutes before 8 tweets needed. lol

Reactions: chizzler

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I tweeted the question to Divver- just meant that Cehlarik is the first guy at the rink in the morning to practice every day:

"He's the first guy there. Can't wait to get going"

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I'm assuming (which is best we can do I guess) that the significance is he is there every morning at the same time. As we know game days, off days, they might not practice. So if he is there every morning to either skate or work out I guess it's significant because it shows his dedication.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the real significance of the tweet about about the time is that it shows everyone how biased we can be about a player. Instead of reading it for what it was (and like MMB pointed out, without context) it was attributed that he's out there for 3 hours before anyone else is at the facility. Obviously that's not accurate. And obviously we all as fans of the team want Peter to succeed, but let's rein the expectations in a bit. He's a young guy that's worked hard to earn a shot. Let his game grow and show whether he belongs here or not. No 5 minutes before 8 tweets needed. lol

pfft, if the kid isn`t dominating by the halfway point of shift one, I`m pounding the keyboards with my opinions shutting down the interwebz forever:sarcasm:

Just want him to add an element to the DK lineup, help create, maybe finish some offensive chances. Can`t have massive expectations for the kid but also need to keep in mind he wasn`t called up to play solid D

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad