Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I don't care one way or the other about PC22, but I do feel like his window with the Bruins is pretty much shut. If he gets another chance, he better go full on and make the club keep him...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't care one way or the other about PC22, but I do feel like his window with the Bruins is pretty much shut. If he gets another chance, he better go full on and make the club keep him...
I don’t know about being shut. That would be dumb. I think he gets a chance with injuries or lack of production. Cassidy feeling things out.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

He's only 23 years old (just turned it) and hasn't even hit the 100 game mark in the AHL yet. Pretty premature to say his window is pretty much shut.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
He's only 23 years old (just turned it) and hasn't even hit the 100 game mark in the AHL yet. Pretty premature to say his window is pretty much shut.

I don’t know about being shut. That would be dumb. I think he gets a chance with injuries or lack of production. Cassidy feeling things out.

I agree with all that.

Too many guys lined up in draft classes behind him. If he gets a shot, he better stick.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
With Donato Bjork and Heinen all looking meh playing with Backes. Why not try Bjork Heinen Donato. If not, it's time to call up Cehlarik? The guy who actually deserved a shot playing start of season?

If something doesn't change next 2 games I can't see how you can't try him.

Anyone worried about Donato? Thought he was a more polished player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt.45Orr

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Call me crazy but Bjork and Donato need a better center than #42. The guy is cooked and can't keep up anymore.

These two guys need to be unleashed and David Backes is holding that leash. Its painfully obvious.

And why I'm at it we should also be worried about the other David as well. He's really a third line center at this point.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Call me crazy but Bjork and Donato need a better center than #42. The guy is cooked and can't keep up anymore.

These two guys need to be unleashed and David Backes is holding that leash. Its painfully obvious.

And why I'm at it we should also be worried about the other David as well. He's really a third line center at this point.

Agreed, well said. It is painfully obvious to see. Both those centers cannot do it anymore game in and game out. They both have value in checking and playing well in their own end but we need to generate pts.

We need to back up the other teams dee and send wingers in with speed and follow up and drive the net, not hang back at center. The Flames exposed the lack of net drive last night, it was as if Spooner was at center, all peripheral attacking.

At this point if the young guys do not produce it should be time to bring up Peter and Seny, get some size up front. It looks to me like Donato needs AHL time and maybe Bjork as well, to be fair they are not checkers. Winnik was better for that, probably better then Backes.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Peter needs to show up this weekend. He hasn't played well in Providence not sure the cause but it appears to be a combination of things in Providence ranging from coaching youth not progressing, bad goaltending, and poor D.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
but but.....he should be on our 2nd line!! :DD

cehlarik won't be a bruin after this season - i'd be really surprised if he is.

Cassidy talked about his lack of NHL pace but the other issue that concerned me, both in his time in Boston and when I watched him in Providence, was his habit of making terrible lateral turnovers in the top third of the offensive zone and in the neutral zone. Very difficult to defend against those type of mistakes.

Reactions: Absurdity

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
but but.....he should be on our 2nd line!! :DD

cehlarik won't be a bruin after this season - i'd be really surprised if he is.

I still maintain the best Krejci looked in the past 3 years was with Cehlarik on his wing, they had an unbelievably unlucky streak though (hit like 10 posts and got robbed on glorious opportunities so the points didn't come).

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy talked about his lack of NHL pace but the other issue that concerned me, both in his time in Boston and when I watched him in Providence, was his habit of making terrible lateral turnovers in the top third of the offensive zone and in the neutral zone. Very difficult to defend against those type of mistakes.

agree on both issues. cehlarik does a lot of nice things and has good size, but i would
move him out in the right deal without hesitation.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Cehlarik healthy scratched in Providence. Coaches not liking his board play.

I call it BS, something smelly is down there. A guy who was one of the best in the preseason is a healthy scratch in a lower league in just 2 weeks time. Last weekend on the 4th line. Curious that majority of the camp he played on Fredrick wing and both were cut as the last two forwards to make the big club however they have not played a single game on the same line in Providence. That's on the coach.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I call it BS, something smelly is down there. A guy who was one of the best in the preseason is a healthy scratch in a lower league in just 2 weeks time. Last weekend on the 4th line. Curious that majority of the camp he played on Fredrick wing and both were cut as the last two forwards to make the big club however they have not played a single game on the same line in Providence. That's on the coach.

I mean the entire knock on cehlarik is that he doesn’t get in the dirty areas and do the little things. He had some strong moments and rather poor moments during camp. I would imagine the coaches told him he needed to go to providence to work on those things and he still isn’t showing effort in those areas so they gave him the healthy scratch to show the organization isn’t messing around.

Also may be an attitude thing as well. Maybe he feels he should have made the club and his attitude has been poor idk.

One thing I do know is that playing without the puck and effort in the dirty areas are always something that have plagued cehlarik.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All I know is that for cehlarik, with his talent compared to other players on the Providence team, it’s not a good sign that he is being healthy scratched.

If the Bruins weren’t in the middle of a road trip, I would suggest the healthy scratch is due to him being called up, but with the coaches calling out his board play, I assume it’s an effort/ attitude issue of actually getting him to work in the dirty areas and he isn’t listening to coaches.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm with you 110%.

I really don't get it.

Kind of same way I feel about the draft bust Zboril and I had season tickets 6 years in Q behind bench and watched him close .NO HEART AT ALL.yet lots here pile on the bullshit about him.He Can hit but passive way to much and lazy.Sweeney missed that pick by miles.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After last weekend Leach could have picked half a dozen players to sit,so far after 5 games McNeill,Blidh and Cave have been the best forwards

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Also may be an attitude thing as well. Maybe he feels he should have made the club and his attitude has been poor idk.

If it is really only his attitude that's too bad for him and I could not give a rat's ass for him.

However something tells me that the coach did not structure the lines up to the strength from the beginning. Last season he was dominant on JFK's wing. This preseason already had a good chemistry with Frederic.
This is the line up on the opening night:

Fitzgerald-Szwarz-Cehlarik
Hughes-JFK-McNeill
Senyshyn-Frederic-Kuhlman
Blidh-Pond-Fyten

in just one week it was

Hughes-JFK-McNeill
Fitzgerald-Frederic-Kuhlman
Blidh-Cave-Fyten
Cehlarik-Pond-Senyshyn

Status