Pet peeves at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
My biggest issues are people who lean over constantly, large people who take up 1.5 seats, and men who feel the need to spread their legs into my seating space.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
And complaining people bang on glass? You sit up there and have a big play upfront of you you will get excited and do the same. Is a pet peeve tossing hats on the ice? My pet peeve is sitting around a bunch of complainers that can't realise yelling shoot or hit him or glass banging is all part of the game. Not everyone has the hockey iq you do let others enjoy the game and if you don't like it stay home

I don't mind people yelling dumb things at the players, until they do it on every play, right in my ear, as loud as they can. And we (or I) let them enjoy it, hence the complaining here and not at the game.
I wouldn't tell someone to stop yelling. Or talking, unlike the person who told me and my friend to go stand in the concourse if we're going to talk so much (about literally nothing but the game in front of us and current events in the NHL).

In summation: stop complaining.

Reactions: Ibanezrokr

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Listen, I am sorry, but the arena is cramped and I can feel my balls going numb.
Well stop it. I'm a guy and I don't need to spread my legs over onto someone else's space. If you're uncomfortable, then do an "adjustment" to the boys.

Reactions: Cellee

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
My pet peeve has always been the arena itself. The seating area is so Wonder bread, the concourses are cramped. We just replaced one barn with a slightly bigger one.
What does "so Wonder bread" mean in this context???

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
In the 300s it is dicey to see along the boards so people lean forward.

I will be honest, it used to bother me, but it is impossible not to do it, I know I do it when someone in front of me is doing it and I have no doubt it is a domino effect behind me. It is just part of life to me now.

People are sitting there for 3 hours, they will lean.
I sit in the 200's and I find leaners to be a bit rare tbh. It's usually people who you don't see often and probably don't get to many games, regular seat holders tend to be more aware. Yes it has a domino effect, once somebody starts leaning, everyone next tp that person is forced to do the same.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I sit in the 200's and I find leaners to be a bit rare tbh. It's usually people who you don't see often and probably don't get to many games, regular seat holders tend to be more aware. Yes it has a domino effect, once somebody starts leaning, everyone next tp that person is forced to do the same.

I think it is a worse angle in the upper deck. particularly behind the goalline on the ends, where my seats are.

Sometimes you can't see shit below the goalline or the damn goalie.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I think it is a worse angle in the upper deck. particularly behind the goalline on the ends, where my seats are.

Sometimes you can't see **** below the goalline or the damn goalie.
Yeah, I've been up there a few times, it does suck for that.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Plain Jane......boring, dull......like Wonder bread.
Okay so what do you expect? I don't see any other arenas having exciting seating areas. Seats are seats.

Do you want glow in the dark seats?? Seats with a built in toilet?

Reactions: Spock

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Okay so what do you expect? I don't see any other arenas having exciting seating areas. Seats are seats.

Do you want glow in the dark seats?? Seats with a built in toilet?
Wasn't my comment, just guessing at the interpretation. Ask the other guy.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
With the hope we'd eventually get an NHL team. I do think it was built with the NHL in mind.
Right, but it was mainly directed at the "wonderbread" comment, and you don't pay bills with "hope".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad