Pet peeves at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Thats on the ushers imo.....they probably handled it like dicks and pissed him off. Personally I've never noticed the leaners. Not sure exactly where its a problem. I have noticed the whiners though......edit that's not a shot at anyone, I notice it at the game.

Not sure the section, and I don't blame the ushers... but some people feel they are entitled to do whatever they want. The ushers in my section handle it perfectly. For every new person ( and they can tell who has never sat there before ) that sits in the Loge, they visit them before the game even starts and explains the situation to them. That almost always solves any issues and everyone can enjoy the game. And occasionally someone needs a reminder, but it's a lot better if it's dealt like this.

Mainly it's a problem for people sitting in rows 1 + 2 in sections 311-315 and 326-330. Anyone tall or leaning in the Loge and you just can't see the net.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Thats on the ushers imo.....they probably handled it like dicks and pissed him off. Personally I've never noticed the leaners. Not sure exactly where its a problem. I have noticed the whiners though......edit that's not a shot at anyone, I notice it at the game.

Completely incorrect. What seemed to push this guy over the edge was his belief that someone behind had intentionally thrown some beer onto his chair while he was gone during intermission. Words were exchanged, and the toque appeared. We sit there through intermissions (I'm not crazy enough to head out into that packed concourse and its miasma of air borne pathogens :laugh:) and I certainly didn't notice such a thing happening. But after that he was determined to be as big a prick as he could. Arena staff were very polite, they were trying to defuse the situation, not inflame. Police were called in as a last resort. I learned later from someone that works Jets games that this incident was well known, and is brought up in training sessions for staff.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Ooooooh I’ve been to a game in Winnipeg so I can contribute to this thread. I wonder if what I describe is a common problem for you guys.

The two ladies sitting next to me at the game must’ve mistaken the arena for Sunday brunch cause they spent the whoooole first period and a half gossiping about their lives, kids and kids lives. Paid no attention to the game whatsoever. Like dangit Shirley I really flew halfway round the world to hear about how little Johnny is doing in preschool. It really blew my mind that with all of the commercial breaks and intermission time they give you, they kept going during play.

Ended up somewhat sternly telling them I was from overseas and wasn’t gonna put up with that at my first and only NHL game. That mustn’t be Canadian style cause the look on their faces was priceless. Did it help? Only kinda.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ooooooh I’ve been to a game in Winnipeg so I can contribute to this thread. I wonder if what I describe is a common problem for you guys.

The two ladies sitting next to me at the game must’ve mistaken the arena for Sunday brunch cause they spent the whoooole first period and a half gossiping about their lives, kids and kids lives. Paid no attention to the game whatsoever. Like dangit Shirley I really flew halfway round the world to hear about how little Johnny is doing in preschool. It really blew my mind that with all of the commercial breaks and intermission time they give you, they kept going during play.

Ended up somewhat sternly telling them I was from overseas and wasn’t gonna put up with that at my first and only NHL game. That mustn’t be Canadian style cause the look on their faces was priceless. Did it help? Only kinda.

Honestly, what you did was pretty rude. If people want to talk to each other during play, that's their choice and their right. And I'm only partially kidding when I say that that's the only time it's quiet enough to carry on a conversation. During stoppages, you're listening to the idiot in-game announcer or music blaring over the sound system. If they were distracting you that much, maybe you weren't into the game enough. You should have been leaning more. ;)

Reactions: TheGovernment

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
or they have to work early the next morning. or they have a sitter at home. or they have or they have or they have....

Stay home if you can't fit it into your schedule. If your life is defined by 10 minute pockets of precious time that are precious for you and an inconvenience for those around you, maybe you need to think about stopping being a burden on everyone. Maybe public behaviour isn't your thing. :)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Stay home if you can't fit it into your schedule. If your life is defined by 10 minute pockets of precious time that are precious for you and an inconvenience for those around you, maybe you need to think about stopping being a burden on everyone. Maybe public behaviour isn't your thing. :)

How about you stay home if you can't tolerate people living their lives as they see fit. A burden? Someone passes in front of you for a second and it's a burden? If this is the biggest cross you have to bear in life, you should be pissing yourself with glee, not bitching. :facepalm:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
so wait...someone leaving a game with 3 minutes left is a burden on everyone?
lol. cool.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Please don't start going after each other in this thread. Be civil - thanks.
c30.gif~c200

He started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad