Pet peeves at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
1) People who stand and chat in the middle of the concourses between periods or at the end of the game when everybody else is trying get around them (MAKES ME CRAZY!)
2) Leaners

I've become numb to the assholes who stand in groups in the middle of the concourse. I mean its so common that I just don't have the will to get upset anymore.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Ushers that have super strict rules. Mine does in both my sections (I have half in the lower bowl and half in the upper deck), drives me and other fans crazy. Both are bad in their own ways, but it's a small price to pay for the seats.

Glass bangers also get to me, hated it when I played pro, but heckling never bothered me as I do it the odd time. Or the ones who just get in your way all the time.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
1/3rd of the 100 section who never make a peep until a goal is scored.

With the amount of money I wasted sitting down there paying for two seats for 15 games a season, I could have had seasons tickets for the full season in the 300's where the real fans reside.

Last edited:
Reactions: tntkid and purdy44

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Ushers that have super strict rules. Mine does in both my sections (I have half in the lower bowl and half in the upper deck), drives me and other fans crazy. Both are bad in their own ways, but it's a small price to pay for the seats.

Woman in 111 - baddddddddd.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I yell shoot. Sorry, not sorry.
I think he means on the PP, like every time a Jets player touches the puck regardless of whether a lane is there or where he has the puck. Winnipeg fans have annoyed me with this since the 80's.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
1/3rd of the 100 section who never make a peep until a goal is scored.

With the amount of money I wasted sitting down there paying for two seats for 15 games a season, I could have had seasons tickets for the full season in the 300's where the real fans reside.
The real fans? Ok Fonz. I don't sit in the 300's, I assure you I am a real fan.

Reactions: misterman

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
People who continously yell shoot at the top of their lungs as if the players on the ice have forgotten how to get the puck from their stick to the net...yes im talking about you drunk woman behind me who thinks Lemieux is Mario's son...

:laugh: Fantastic

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The real fans? Ok Fonz. I don't sit in the 300's, I assure you I am a real fan.

Well I did say 1/3...so you're one of the good ones! There's just not enough people that make noise down low.

Been to four games this year in & sat in 104, 212, & twice in 301. The volume difference is immense.

To each their own...but I like it LOUD! Home teams should be intimidating the opposition & encouraging our boys at the top of their lungs whenever possible. Far too many games where it's church quiet from the lower level. I'm not expecting every fan to be Crazy George, but I've seen entire rows from end to end dead quiet with no emotion at all. I don't have seasons tickets so I've moved around a fair bit and speak from first hand experience. I may have sat at least once it every section other than 118 & 119.

I've brought it up previously, but I hadn't sat in the 300's until two seasons ago having spent seasons since the Jets return wondering what had happened to the crowd noise as I remembered from the 70's thru 90's.

Turned out they were all upstairs! Preference now is upper deck as long as it's not past parallel the goal line on either side of the rink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad