Pet peeves at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People that play with their phones non stop and do not watch the actual game.

People that leave 10 minutes before the period is over and come back 10 minutes after the next period has started.

These types of people are not real fans.

Reactions: 1430MaroonsRoad

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

People that leave 10 minutes before the period is over and come back 10 minutes after the next period has started.

phones: it's really none of your business what someone does during the game. if they want to piss away $200 on a ticket and pay zero attention, it's their perrogative.
you're literally not paying attention to the game to pay attention to the people on the phone. lol.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
And complaining people bang on glass? You sit up there and have a big play upfront of you you will get excited and do the same. Is a pet peeve tossing hats on the ice? My pet peeve is sitting around a bunch of complainers that can't realise yelling shoot or hit him or glass banging is all part of the game. Not everyone has the hockey iq you do let others enjoy the game and if you don't like it stay home

Steenager

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
And complaining people bang on glass? You sit up there and have a big play upfront of you you will get excited and do the same. Is a pet peeve tossing hats on the ice? My pet peeve is sitting around a bunch of complainers that can't realise yelling shoot or hit him or glass banging is all part of the game. Not everyone has the hockey iq you do let others enjoy the game and if you don't like it stay home

I also react like an enraged baboon at the zoo whenever I see an excellent hockey play.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
these are the same people also disembark an airplane in front of me whenever i travel. you know, the ones that forget how to walk.
I fly regularly, don't get me started on airplane pet peeves! :laugh:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I am a share partner and we have literally have north end gangsters behind us. They usually do not watch the game and talk terrible trash the whole time with colourful language NONE STOP. It is sickening and I would love to be moved to comparable seats but some idiot for my group disagreed this past off season to the move.

They are there half the time. The other half are usually drunken idiots. My parents had beer spilt on them and when disputed were called racists at the Pittsburgh game, brilliant!

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
People who put their own name on the back of their Jersey. Yes, it is their jersey, and they can do what they want......but no, there has never been a number #80 for the Jets with a last name of Kowalski. In line with previously stated - even more annoying when on a counterfeit jersey. The tools standing in the middle of the concourse chatting away and blocking the flow irritate me as well - makes me feel like I'm at Costco on a weekend.....

Only allowable exception for the Jersey name is Gabe. Dude has been at every Jets game since the early 80's, is always smiling and shows his passion - he can do what he wants!

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Question: what is a "leaner"?

Also, I too dislike people who yell shoot every time a Jets player touches the puck, regardless of whether they are actually in a position to do so.

Reactions: Aggie204

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
People who put their own name on the back of their Jersey. Yes, it is their jersey, and they can do what they want......but no, there has never been a number #80 for the Jets with a last name of Kowalski. In line with previously stated - even more annoying when on a counterfeit jersey. The tools standing in the middle of the concourse chatting away and blocking the flow irritate me as well - makes me feel like I'm at Costco on a weekend.....

Only allowable exception for the Jersey name is Gabe. Dude has been at every Jets game since the early 80's, is always smiling and shows his passion - he can do what he wants!

Perhaps he was so devastated at the departure of Nik Antropov he had to change the nameplate? :sarcasm:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Also, I too dislike people who yell shoot every time a Jets player touches the puck, regardless of whether they are actually in a position to do so.

a leaner is a person who sits in front of you (particular in the 300s) and leans forward as they get into the game. It actually can affect the view of the people of sitting behind them, especially if you seats behind the nets. The seats in front of me are usually filled with leaners and their noggins can cover up the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake Barnes

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
a leaner is a person who sits in front of you (particular in the 300s) and leans forward as they get into the game. It actually can affect the view of the people of sitting behind you, especially if you seats behind the nets. The seats in front of me are usually filled with leaners and their noggins can cover up the net.

Thanks! I've never noticed that before. I'll have to pay attention to whether or not it makes a difference to my sight lines next time I'm at a game.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Just breathe...... :laugh:

I know I'm odd, I love going to an occasional game for the experience, but I love watching at home on my nice tv and my own cold beer and nice scotch :thumbu: . The only thing that bothers me is when my wife wants to share my drink..... get your own drink! :sarcasm:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
People who loudly encourage or criticize, in general just coach, players from the 300s.

Tip: They cannot hear you, and they're better off for it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
People who continously yell shoot at the top of their lungs as if the players on the ice have forgotten how to get the puck from their stick to the net...yes im talking about you drunk woman behind me who thinks Lemieux is Mario's son...

He isn't? :skeptic:;)

Reactions: Jedub

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

That behavior is a pet peeve of mine anyway. My 18 year old daughter (of all people) said to me last week, that she can't believe how many people go to concerts (same applies to sports) and just try to video the show they paid to watch and experience. There will be plenty of video available online at some point, just watch what's in front of you. Bank some memories, enjoy the experience.

I fear there are going to be a lot of people at the end of their lives that will have missed on a lot of what life offers because they are living in and behind their phones.

Sorry, getting a little too philosophical here....

Reactions: buggs

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
After reading this thread I would say I'm glad I don't get annoyed by anything...

But I don't get glad either.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

In the 300s it is dicey to see along the boards so people lean forward.

I will be honest, it used to bother me, but it is impossible not to do it, I know I do it when someone in front of me is doing it and I have no doubt it is a domino effect behind me. It is just part of life to me now.

People are sitting there for 3 hours, they will lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad