Perry and Getzlaf to Detroit?

CloneHakanPlease*

Didn't they want something along the lines of

Flip/Helm, Nyquist, Smith and a 1st?

Yeah, I'd probably do that in hindsight.

I wouldnt. Nash isn't anything special for his cap hit. Good 70 point big body for sure, but you can get more than twice the production from making smart moves in free agency and signing two good second liners for 4 mil each.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
They need a defensemen more than they need Corey Perry. I'm of the belief that once you get your D-Man, then you can go after a less expensive top six forward. My choice A is Patric Hornvquist, even if he is an RFA.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
On team 1260 Perry not resigning in ANA.

"McKenzie was talking to Spector on the local EDM radio and he stated that Perry does not want to resign in ANA. He will be in high demand."

Took this from Main Board.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Seems odd if Perry has already decided he won't re-sign there. Wonder if something has gone on behind the scenes or something. Not sure how much he'll be able to cash in and be on a good team, though.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Perry would be a wonderful playmate for Pavel since Hank and Brunnose are their own on-ice couple. Throw a speedster on the wing with Pavel and Perry...maybe Tatar?

Perry has been one of my least favorite players for a long time but if I've had to embrace Chelios, Hatcher, Hull and Tootoo on this team...I guess I can embrace that guy because he fits a need.

My ideal lineup for next year...

Tatar-Datsyuk-Perry
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Andersson/Emmerton-Tootoo
Samuelsson

If Samuelsson could play in traffic, I'd not be too sad...give a roster spot to a guy like Nyquist. I can live with not retaining Flip if they can find a legitimate winger for Datsyuk.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seems odd if Perry has already decided he won't re-sign there. Wonder if something has gone on behind the scenes or something. Not sure how much he'll be able to cash in and be on a good team, though.

Maybe they have offered him something like 8x8 and Perry said no thanks.. I think ANA management would get the message from there.

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Perry would be a wonderful playmate for Pavel since Hank and Brunnose are their own on-ice couple. Throw a speedster on the wing with Pavel and Perry...maybe Tatar?

Perry has been one of my least favorite players for a long time but if I've had to embrace Chelios, Hatcher, Hull and Tootoo on this team...I guess I can embrace that guy because he fits a need.

Tatar-Datsyuk-Perry
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Samuelsson

If Samuelsson could play in traffic, I'd not be too sad...give a roster spot to a guy like Nyquist. I can live with not retaining Flip if they can find a legitimate winger for Datsyuk.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first time those two talked about their fight a while back, considering Pav's English :laugh:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Bob Mckenzie is pretty reliable....What's our salary cap structure like this summer with the reduced cap? Also, I'm all for Corey Perry, a Hart trophy winning winger on Datsyuk's line? Hopefully something could be arranged.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Kenny needs to be in on this. Perry is everything we need in one package:
-Goalscorer.
-Size.
-Grit.
-Right-handed.
-Perfect age.

I'll swallow my hatred towards him.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
Kenny needs to be in on this. Perry is everything we need in one package:
-Goalscorer.
-Size.
-Grit.
-Right-handed.
-Perfect age.

I'll swallow my hatred towards him.

too bad Flip has had such a bad start to the season, if he was continuing at the pace of next season, he could be a big piece of that deal and we could sell it to the Ducks with the hope that him and Koivu and Selanne could be an awesome duo for them, and maybe that entices Selanne to kick around one more year since he is Flip's Idol. Of course we would have to give more but maybe there is something that could work here and in the long term.

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Holland better get in on these sweeps ... Filp + Pukkinen + Kindl + pick? whatever. Perrys on Datsyuk wing would be unbeleivable.

we like our team*

perry's a ufa and doesn't want to re-sign so that lowers his value quite a bit, right?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
perry's a ufa and doesn't want to re-sign so that lowers his value quite a bit, right?

Yea, if he was signed it would be a heck of a lot more. The problem is we cant afford to ship what they would want if he isn't resigning with us.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

I'd hope so, but I can see GMs tripping over themselves trying to acquire him if he is available at the deadline.
I hope the Ducks go for the cup run and Perry goes UFA in July so we have a shot at signing him without having to give up assets.

Also, I know it's far fetched but I'd like to see Filp traded at the deadline for futures. I mean if GMKH is going to try to pay Perry the big bucks he won't be able to afford Filp with the cap coming down. So might as well deal him for picks/prospects since we aren't making a cup run this year. Dealing Filp to some delusional bubble team that thinks they are a contender (cough* Calgary) would be a great way to get another 1st (and maybe more) that could end up being in the 10-15 range.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Maybe they have offered him something like 8x8 and Perry said no thanks.. I think ANA management would get the message from there.

I don't doubt that Anaheim likely knows his intentions already, just really weird that it's public. UFA usually at least pay lip service to liking the team/area just to have the fans not turn on them.

Tatar-Datsyuk-Perry
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Samuelsson

Have to buy out Sammy or someone of a similar salary to make it work, and re-sign Jimmy to an expected contract.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Gustav Nyquist ($1.001m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Corey Perry ($7.500m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.700m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($1.500m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.250m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
Jimmy Howard ($3.200m)
OTHER
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,426,712; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,033,288

Didn't do anything outrageous, Quincey was bought out(preferably traded), let the expiring veterans walk, retained the youngsters and Howard. Eaves gone would give us over $5M of cap space that could be spent on a defenseman.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Whether or not we can meet in-person with him and his camp to make a pitch. I trust Mr. I, Kenny and Babs to close in that environment as opposed to everyone offering a similar amount of money and just leaving it to chance.

An in-person meeting could be a nice leg up for us.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first time those two talked about their fight a while back, considering Pav's English :laugh:

My guess is privately Perry was impressed. They liked to pick on the Wings, but guess what Datsyuk stood up and went toe to toe. As much as people don't like Perry keep in mind things like the Big E fight where his helmet got in the way and Perry didn't take advantage. While he might be one of the poorest losers in the league, he rarely does things outside of what I consider the hockey code, sure from time to time, but not as much as people like to say.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Ducks fans are laughing at this thread. Parise/Suter has ruined my hopes of landing a big time UFA.

Holland made a valiant effort for parise and suter. There are many reasons why they went to Minnesota.
First of all Parise is from the twin cities (Wild) his family is from the twin cities, his wife and her family are from a suburb of the twin cities. Second Zach Parise and Ryan Suter are good friends and have the same agent. The agent was able to swing a package deal in Minnesota because that's was their first choice to go to. Holland made significant offers to both of them but the interest just wasn't there like it was towards Minnesota. Long story short Minnesota was just more desirable to the two players. I don't blame Holland for not landing these two he did what he could without burning the team in a massive cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad