Perry and Getzlaf to Detroit?

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
OT:
Since Perry and Getzlaf seem like pipe dreams what UFAs would you target for a role in the top 6?

Thoughts on Clarkson, Iginla, Ryder...etc?

I am not too too thrilled with the upcoming FA class minus the boys in Anaheim.

I would not be opposed to signing Semin and Ribiero. I know he is 33, but i like his game. I wouldnt want to pay too much for him though and i would prefer something short term.

Honestly, i would not be opposed to just standing pat. You have so many forwards in the pipeline that i would prefer to see them play instead of overpaying for either of the players i mentioned.

Bring Nyquist up and see what he can do when he is allowed to play more than one game a month in the NHL.

Forwards aren't really a big need if Tatar and Brunner can continue to improve. I am pretty happy with the top six if it doesnt have Cleary or Sammy in it. If Flip is moved or not retained then you can bring in Semin.

Defense is what the team really needs.

Sign Visnovsky and Scuderi. two year deals, just until players like Smith are ready. I know they are old, but they are purely stop gaps and i feel it would allow Holland to actually execute his defense by committee approach.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Try Perry than Semin(all though we didn't go for him last year) than Horton.

Yes we need D but we also need 1 more top 6 winger.

BeerLeagueAllStar

Dec 27, 2009
Vermont
OT:
Since Perry and Getzlaf seem like pipe dreams what UFAs would you target for a role in the top 6?

Thoughts on Clarkson, Iginla, Ryder...etc?

Love Clarkson and Horton, and Iggy but I'd be surprised if he leaves Calgary. Someone else said it but Brunner and Ryder are pretty similar players, so that might be redundant...

Beyond the top teirs of FA's, I like Tyler Bozak and Viktor Stalberg for forwards, and Alexander Sulzer on D. Those guys will be much more affordable than the top free agents and signing one of them would leave us cap space to go after the top tier guys or make a trade.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Getz isn't going anywhere but it will be very interesting to see what kind of deal Perry gets if he hits the market. It would be the first big UFA signing with the new CBA therefore there really isn't a precedent here.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I don't think that one or both of these guys Is absolutely out of the question.I think with the right moves made ken could make it happen. I realize a little luck will be needed as well (them not re sign with Anaheim). But if they are not re signed by July, game on, it's doable. And to be honest we might be able to get them cheaper per player if we got them together, I imagine they would like to keep playing with each other. That being said Semin would also be a great addition on the wing. Maybe if we got Perry and Semin might work better.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I'd love to add Clarkson to the team but unfortunately I don't see him leaving New Jersey. Ladislav Smid is another one I'd like.

As for Perry and Getzlaf, I don't think it's likely we get either but I wouldn't say no to Perry.

CloneHakanPlease*

Entertaining a loudmouthed coward like Perry in a Wings uniform... things must be desperate.

Yeah, back in my day the loud mouthed cowards were just grinders on the team like Maltby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22337/rumblings-ducks-canucks-and-bad-ref-luck

There's rumours about a possible trade for Corey Perry if the Ducks can't extend him. Just like Dallas did with Ryder (traded pending UFA, cause they were quite sure they can't extend him).

In the past, this possibility would never happen, if Detroit would be at Western Conference. But now, if we are moving to East, it opens a "trade route" between these two organizations.

I think Perry would love to join the Wings. Low american taxes and Ontario behind the border. Still out from Canadian Media Hell. Perfect place to play hockey at a non-perfect team that could became perfect again with a big physical right-handed power-forward scorer. If you did enjoy the game with Getzlaf, you really don't know how much better it could be with Datsyuk. :nod:

I would put Filppula on the table, both are pending UFAs. Filppula would pretty probable re-sign to Ducks with that Finnish community there. Perry does the same with us. Win-win for both.

Then add something more. Really don't know what Anaheim's needs are. Defensive prospects after the loss of Schultz?

Franzen (6'3, left) - Zeta (5'11, left) - Brunner (5'11, right)
Nyquist (5'11, left) - Datsyuk (5'11, left) - Perry (6'3, right)

Man, it's just unbelieveable fit, if we could get a big PF to Datsyuk's other wing. Then Nyquist+Datsyuk -combo isn't so big problem being smallish, when there big and strong in-his-prime power forward with them.

Last edited:

CloneHakanPlease*

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22337/rumblings-ducks-canucks-and-bad-ref-luck

There's rumours about a possible trade for Corey Perry if the Ducks can't extend him. Just like Dallas did with Ryder.

In the past, this possibility would never happen, if Detroit would be at Western Conference. But now, if we are moving to East, it opens a "trade route" between these two organizations.

I think Perry would love to join the Wings. Low american taxes and Ontario behind the border. Still out from Canadian Media Hell. Perfect place to play hockey at a non-perfect team that could became perfect again with a big physical right-handed power-forward scorer. If you did enjoy the game with Getzlaf, you really don't know how much better it could be with Datsyuk. :nod:

I would put Filppula on the table, both are pending UFAs. Filppula would pretty probable re-sign to Ducks with that Finnish community there. Perry does the same with us. Win-win for both.

Then add something more. Really don't know what Anaheim's needs are. Defensive prospects after the loss of Schultz?

Man, it's just unbelieveable fit, if we could get a big PF to Datsyuk's other wing. Then Nyquist+Datsyuk -combo isn't so big problem being smallish, when there big and strong in-his-prime power forward with them.

Id imagine if Filppula was the center piece we'd have to add a lot. Im not sure if thats a risk worth taking when he can just test the market in 4 months

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Id imagine if Filppula was the center piece we'd have to add a lot. Im not sure if thats a risk worth taking when he can just test the market in 4 months

I think the contract extension willingness could be negotiated before the trade. If both say yes, that's the kicking motion for the whole scenario.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

I think Flip has to be a center piece since we already have too many forwards as is. Maybe they'll take Cleary off our hands. :sarcasm:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

There's rumours about a possible trade for Corey Perry if the Ducks can't extend him. Just like Dallas did with Ryder (traded pending UFA, cause they were quite sure they can't extend him).

So the Stars, Panthers or Lightning?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So the Stars, Panthers or Lightning?

So far they a pretty far from Ontario.

You know, if he wants to go nearer Ontario, but oh ****, those Canadian taxes are high. Hey, but there's that freaking Detroit pretty near of it, and I don't have to live in Canada! That's where I wan't to play. :nod:

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
ANA has almost $30mm in cap space next year, and all signs point to Selanne not coming back, so they aren't spending $4.5mm on him. These guys aren't going anywhere, unless ANA's owner wants to be the new Coyotes.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
what if Perry doesn't want to stay?

Perry seems like a cocky little jerk to me.

Great hockey player though.

I expect he was to hit FA to get his money.
He seems like he wants the money.

Ironically Anaheim can afford whatever money he demands, and will match the offer by another team.

I expect him to us FA as a bargaining tool and then resign for a very high value. Currently both he and getzlaf are on very favorable deals with anaheim. That is going to change.

They will not be available to Detroit... although we can dream :P

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Perry seems like a cocky little jerk to me.

Great hockey player though.

I expect he was to hit FA to get his money.
He seems like he wants the money.

Ironically Anaheim can afford whatever money he demands, and will match the offer by another team.

I expect him to us FA as a bargaining tool and then resign for a very high value. Currently both he and getzlaf are on very favorable deals with anaheim. That is going to change.

They will not be available to Detroit... although we can dream :P

Agree 100% unless he hated Boudreau. But it's my understanding Coach lets star players do whatever they want. I think he stays with the Ducks.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Detroit supposedly went hard after Nash… I wonder if they'll try to trade for Perry.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
We can offer support to both of them.Brunner , z, dats, franzen and tartar. The problem would be defense.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
ANA has almost $30mm in cap space next year, and all signs point to Selanne not coming back, so they aren't spending $4.5mm on him. These guys aren't going anywhere, unless ANA's owner wants to be the new Coyotes.

Anaheim has own internal cap, and so far they are not going push towards the max cap. So it's very unprobable, that they are going to pay Perry whatever he wants. They will do that for Getzlaf, because he is the Captain and more important piece at Center.

Even if they lose Perry, I don't see it very bad thing for Anaheim. They have great forward prospects there. Also more salary-efficient Filppula would be interesting piece to have. Then you get something, and don't lose a player for nothing.

I think Bobby Ryan would be ready to eat those Perry's 20 minutes and put Filppula to current Ryan role (16 minutes).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad