People have been trying to buy the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
So theoretically Karlsson could wait until next off-season and re-sign under a new ownership?

If the Senators get new ownership within the year, I think there's a very good chance he does sign with the Sens.

That being said, I think almost all of these rumors are complete bullshit so it's not going to happen.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
So theoretically Karlsson could wait until next off-season and re-sign under a new ownership?

If the team has new ownership, then perhaps. Sens fans need to be vigilant and not spend a dime on Melnyk. Accelerate the timeline to twist his arm into submission. The offers won't get better and he will be losing millions every week just to keep the lights on and maintaining payroll. Missed payroll is not something the NHLPA or the NHL would approve, the situatiom becomes even more dire for Melnyk where he potentially loses control and is forced to sale.

Then there's the end of October deadline with lenders - time to hit him hard in attendance/sales is now and as long as he owns the franchise!

If people are still buying his shit, it just prolongs the process.

Bottomline, Melnyk has no more rope left other than to hang himself with what he has if he persists on liquidating and owning a franchise he can't maintain.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sick of buying into random HFBoards members who claim they talked to someone on the inside. We've been hearing this **** for a year now and it's not funny anymore.

I don't care if you say that you heard people are talking, but acting like something big is about to go down is just getting everyone's hopes up and is a ****ty thing to do.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't in the process of happening. Living in Edmonton I had the opportunity of following EIG selling to Katz. Katz decided to make things a little more public but the process of it reminds me a lot of what is going on here. It's a process and negotiations can take upwards of a year.

Reactions: armani

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
damn even after karlsson is gone, you guys manage to give me hope. I will keep believing.

You need patience in these situations, whether you like to believe what you hear or read at a message board. But unfortunately for Melnyk, we are now impatient with his ownership.

Melnyk thought he can fool the fans, but the idiot forgot who buys his product.

As consumers, we can vastly accelerate the process with Melnyk relenting or NHL stepping in if he doesn't, to stop the bleeding.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hey, just unsubstantiated gossip. A counter-point, we want a balanaced forum, right?

If it was unsubstantiated gossip you wouldn't have people like Mackenzie and Friedman, among others making comments on the potential sale.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I have been telling you people for quite a while about what is happening. This is somewhat true what was stated on the thread starter. I have always maintained what the original plan is to a few of the real people here who reached out to me a while back via private messaging. You guys know who you are. Things have been moving along quite well and there are some deadlines that are coming due soon. There will be a movement as far as ownership/partnership change. And, EM was offered 600million a few months back and he turned it down. Things are getting interesting and like I have said before.....EK65 never wanted to leave, he wanted to stay here......do not throw out his memorabilia just yet. This is going to something special one day, a story for the ages. No false hopes here.
pm me the details, i'm a real guy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The #melnykout crowd is led by Nordiques fans and Toronto-based Leafs fans. They want to drive Senators revenue below the threshold for moving the team.

Get out of the house once in a while. The movement is led entirely by long-time fans, and hardcore ones at that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is funny. Still holding onto false hope and taking more bait.

If a sale happens, it will be a couple years from now, when Lebreton is on solid ground, the soil cleanup is done, and things like the arena and some of the condos are completed.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If the team has new ownership, then perhaps. Sens fans need to be vigilant and not spend a dime on Melnyk. Accelerate the timeline to twist his arm into submission. The offers won't get better and he will be losing millions every week just to keep the lights on and maintaining payroll. Missed payroll is not something the NHLPA or the NHL would approve, the situatiom becomes even more dire for Melnyk where he potentially loses control and is forced to sale.

Then there's the end of October deadline with lenders - time to hit him hard in attendance/sales is now and as long as he owns the franchise!

If people are still buying his ****, it just prolongs the process.

Bottomline, Melnyk has no more rope left other than to hang himself with what he has if he persists on liquidating and owning a franchise he can't maintain.

Especially the Bolded. He will, in my opinion, try to hold on until the Seattle expansion fees are paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad