People have been trying to buy the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It comes down to if we want to win, as a fan base.

It may sound weird, but if you support every part of the team (including the owner) you will create a better opportunity for team success.

Yes Melnyk is cheap, we all know that. But he is cheap for a billionaire, ok. So he still gives this city a lot of money and the team does a lot for the city through charity work.

No, we will not be able to sign your favourite star every time, or mine cuz i liked EK too. But we can sign some of the stars.

The objective is winning, we as fans are not actually a part of this team and we didn't buy it or skate for it. We just want to watch them win games, and that's totally fair.

We have to accept what we can not change, ok. So until the team is sold, it does less good for us to degrade a man who has given to us. We should pray for him and then both of us will end up winning.

In my own mind I think of it like moneyball or whatever, we seem to havbe embraced the underdogt role as a fan base, "pesky sens" etc. Let's keep drafting well and getting a chance at the cup every 10 years and when we finally lift it again we will be reminded that it was the journey to the Cup and not the cup itself that led to our moment of jubilation.

They decided in February to rebuild, meaning that Karlsson was as good as gone. They were asked if we were going into a rebuild multiple times and they brushed it off; then, on the eve of training camp, we are going into a rebuild (announced at 10 pm on a Monday, that tells you everything about how this team goes about it's business): they lied to us to try to get us to buy season tickets, they wanted people to think the team was going to at least try to be competitive.

You aren't wrong: if people want to support the team and players despite ownership then that's perfectly cool, it makes sense; but I've reached the end of my rope, I don't react well to being lied to. If the team wants to get me back on board they need to sign Duchene and Stone because right now, this team has given me every reason to think that supporting them is a total waste of time and money.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Even if the team is sold,we are still screwed....The damage has been done,this cheaping out and selling off of assets for less than they are worth has been going on far too long ...We have a middle of the pack prospect pool,with some expensive paper weights and a couple of good players that we likely have to over pay to keep ....Even with a huge infusion of cash its going o take some time to fix this team

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This thread is literally just another he said /he said.
Until we have more verified information, going to need to close it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad