Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Wings| Win | Good ole fashioned beating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
It is really stunning how far the Wings have fallen. I know we're headed for a dip when this era is over, but I hope it's nothing like what they went through. They haven't been a factor since 2009.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Just to pointlessly complain...

I didn't like the Wings 2nd goal at all. The Penguins pass backwards too often for my liking and too instinctively. It isn't always the safe play and Zohorna left Matheson out to dry on that one.

I mean other than that, outstanding. We need more RGR, hopefully it's our playoff L2. I don't hate Erod on L1 and wouldn't mind him staying.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So, the Pens FINALLY got your approval and all they had to do was get rid of ZAR, Simon and put up 11 goals. And you wonder why I have contempt for you?
I’ve been complaining all season about these turds. Sleepy finally redeemed himself after signing trash. I’ve grown to hate our depth guys with our brain dead coach. Sleepy dumped Lafferty, ZAR, and Simon - I’m pretty pumped. It’s amazing having an actual fourth line again, even though many here dismissed it’s value when we were playing Simon ZAR.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’ve been complaining all season about these turds. Sleepy finally redeemed himself after signing this trash. I’ve grown to hate our depth guys with our brain dead coach. Sleepy dumped Lafferty, ZAR, and Simon - I’m pretty pumped. It’s amazing having an actual fourth line again, even though many here dismissed it’s value when we were playing Simon ZAR.
All you do is complain. It's one thing to criticize at times. I do so myself. But I can also appreciate the good aspects of the team. Not just harp on the negative all the damn time. Once we run into a buzz saw in the playoffs lets see your attitude then. Sometimes the other guys are a little better. You and everyone else will find that out. Hopefully not until round 2.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
All you do is complain. It's one thing to criticize at times. I do so myself. But I can also appreciate the good aspects of the team. Not just harp on the negative all the damn time. Once we run into a buzz saw in the playoffs lets see your attitude then. Sometimes the other guys are a little better. You and everyone else will find that out. Hopefully not until round 2.
I fully expect Bylsma to screw up in the playoffs, but he now has a roster that SHOULD be good enough to win a playoff series or two.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Realistically, how much worse is Malkin now than in his prime?
He has been under P/GP or just barely over that (like this season) 6 times before.
Wouldn't say he's had particularly good linemates this year until recently.

His PIMs are down. I'd say he's playing some of the best defense of his career, outside of one season.

Yeah his foot speed is slower, but he was never a speedster. His shot isn't as hard. The stamina is worse.
But isn't he making some better decisions in the O-zone now?

Let's say 25 year old Malkin is 100% of his capabilities. What % would you give him now? How much has he declined?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I fully expect Bylsma to screw up in the playoffs, but he now has a roster that SHOULD be good enough to win a playoff series or two.
Bylsma hasn't been here since before you were born, so like eight years ago. I really wish your parents would consider taking your phone or computer away from you at times.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Realistically, how much worse is Malkin now than in his prime?
He has been under P/GP or just barely over that (like this season) 6 times before.
Wouldn't say he's had particularly good linemates this year until recently.

His PIMs are down. I'd say he's playing some of the best defense of his career, outside of one season.

Yeah his foot speed is slower, but he was never a speedster. His shot isn't as hard. But isn't he making some better decisions in the O-zone now?

Let's say 25 year old Malkin is 100% of his capabilities. What % would you give him now? How much has he declined?
71%

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Just to pointlessly complain...

I didn't like the Wings 2nd goal at all. The Penguins pass backwards too often for my liking and too instinctively. It isn't always the safe play and Zohorna left Matheson out to dry on that one.

I mean other than that, outstanding. We need more RGR, hopefully it's our playoff L2. I don't hate Erod on L1 and wouldn't mind him staying.
I get it you are just nit picking. That was a lazy as hell goal against. But those unfortunately happen to every team time to time. Go through all 32 teams 82 games after the season is over and I’d be willing to bet you can find 1 or 2 goals against like that for every team. Now if it happens habitually and/or is the same player every time… that’s pause for concern.

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad