Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panther | OT win | We are so very special. Our special teams giveth and taketh away

I currently hate _____ on this team more right now:

• Ruh

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • POJ

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • CDS

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Sully

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Write in

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Jake really sucked tonight. Did not like his game at all.
I've been sour on his game all season. He just looks like he's getting too cute with the puck all the time. I may be seeing things, but I feel like he's been more finesse this season and doesnt go into the boards nearly as much.

Also, for the life of me, I just don't understand his purpose on the PP.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
All the terrorists are dead....
vOOYU18.gif

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
We have the best 4th line in our decade. That said, our season is absolutely lost without Jarry, it all depends on him. If he is at 100% then maybe we can discuss our chances. Maybe. Anyway, a win against a 9th placed team with amateur in our net counts. Great to have these two points, especially with Buffalo surging.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
We need a goalie at the deadline or before unfortunately. Question marks all over.
Can't leave the most important position vulnerable again.
Tokarski is not a solution and Lindberg isn't ready either, if he ever will be.

At least Jarry's new injury is upper body. The one at the Winter Classic was lower. Re-aggravations are the worst.

As for Rutta, it sucks that he's on LTIR. He's not even eligible to play until 'til Valentines Day now. If that was done solely for cap reasons and he wasn't gonna miss those games anyway, that really blows. He'll miss 5 more at least.

Last edited:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
We need a goalie at the deadline or before unfortunately. Question marks all over.
Can't leave the most important position vulnerable again.
Tokarski is not a solution and Lindberg isn't ready either, if he ever will be.

At least Jarry's new injury is upper body. The one at the Winter Classic was lower. Re-aggravations are the worst.
Jarry is injury time and hasn't played the last like 3 playoffs. I wish we would get a real goalie that can at minimum challenge him for 1.

Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Jarry is injury time and hasn't played the last like 3 playoffs. I wish we would get a real goalie that can at minimum challenge him for 1.
Yeah even putting injuries aside, I think we need a 1B at this point, even if that means sacrificing other needs.
Vejmelka ideally. The cost would be high but there's nothing more important.

Casey's just not getting it done too regularly for too long now.

Reactions: Andy99

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
We're in 2023 and we still don't know if Jarry can even be average in a playoff game. We're still speculating if he will even be there game 1. Then the trash backup.

Let both go in the offseason. Pens don't need a goalie to win games, they need 1 who can be league average and show up every game.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
I've been sour on his game all season. He just looks like he's getting too cute with the puck all the time. I may be seeing things, but I feel like he's been more finesse this season and doesnt go into the boards nearly as much.

Also, for the life of me, I just don't understand his purpose on the PP.
For me his skating and urgency is down. It all stems from that.
And yeah, I see zero reason why Zucker should not be in Jake's spot on PP1.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We're in 2023 and we still don't know if Jarry can even be average in a playoff game. We're still speculating if he will even be there game 1. Then the trash backup.

Let both go in the offseason. Pens don't need a goalie to win games, they need 1 who can be league average and show up every game.
This season has proven an average goalie isn’t enough and Jarry isn’t an average goalie. An average goalie is CDS and he gets murdered with shots and can’t handle it consistently. You asked, the pens answered with unequivocal proof that they need a top tier goalie, hate Jarry all you want but he’s gotten barely a proper chance to rebound. You think one bad round vs the Isles and a game 7 with a broken foot is “let’s call it quits” then you’d hate the situation the pens would be in next season.

They’d need to move heavy assets for a goalie, then take a huge chance on one if there isn’t one available via trade. Blokes act like it’s super f***ing easy. Jarry could stay past the deadline and get wrecked behind a garbage team defense and say f*** this and go play behind a better D and actually win and it’ll be a bunch of told you so bs.

This isn’t Matt Murray where he’s just mentally broken. Jarry and any pens goalie, gets the worst support by their D. Jarry having the stats he does is incredible and the fact that whiners don’t see it is a real tragedy.

In 186 games he’s a career .916sv% behind a defense that is porous and comical to watch trying to defend the crease and high danger scoring chances. Not even Murray, who had some insanely elite seasons early, nor Fleury have a better career save percentage. Or even this season.

.916 - Jarry
.913 - Fleury
.911 - Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad