Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panther | OT win | We are so very special. Our special teams giveth and taketh away

I currently hate _____ on this team more right now:

• Ruh

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • POJ

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • CDS

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Sully

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Write in

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Frustrating team…garbage game…CDS cannot play Thursday, Ovie will score like 6 goals against him…seriously, if Jarry can’t go, play Tokarski…

we now need 7 goals against AHL goaltending to win a game…embarrassing…with that, Lyons still had a better save % than CDS…please, for the love of God Hextall, get CDS out of here!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sloppy, but since they won I can look back and say it was a fun game to watch on my birthday. Lol. It almost wasn't, though, and need to clean a lot up from this mess going forward.

Happy Birthday!!!
Didn’t we win like all of the games in them but one?

They won a lot of games back in the day, too.

Still didn't stop the tragedies.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Without looking up the numbers I feel like Carter’s minutes were cut back. Sully seems to trust Poehling and his line more so than Bluegers right now

Stars turned it on at the end of the game.
No, Carter played his usual 14-15 min

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Carter and Heinen had strong games. DOC and Poehling too.

If Letang can play like this he can carry this team for a while. CDS has to be better.

A fun hockey game if nothing else? Frustrating, but fun
honestly what was strong that you saw in Carter's game, I did not see anything, and I want to see whatever good is desperately, his line had a some offensive zone time, but zero danger, I guess at least they did not get caved in

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
honestly what was strong that you saw in Carter's game, I did not see anything, and I want to see whatever good is desperately, his line had a some offensive zone time, but zero danger, I guess at least they did not get caved in
Better zone time than he's had in a while. 63% xgoals 5v5 tonight if you care for such things.

I don't think he was great but it was much more solid than he has been

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Just unacceptably horrible D (from every single D-man, no one was even passable in our own zone!), team defense and goaltending. You cant help being high on an OT 7-6 win with a fairytale game winner by Letang but there’s too much of a sour taste to it just the same.

Credit to the 4th line though.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah, Carter's line had some possession and zone time - 73.33 Corsi For % is great, 7-2 on scoring chances.

But they didn't score and their high danger chances were split 2-2.

Poehling's line, meanwhile, 61.54 Corsi For %, also 7-2 on scoring chances, but they had a 6-2 edge on high danger chances and scored two goals.

Process is important. So that was a positive for Carter's line. But production is what ultimately matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad