Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Lightning| win | Marching Penguins ride the lightning to victory

Lightning back to back cups:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Does that change the fact on our current depth chart he is the 14th forward?
Let’s see what coach jackass does come playoff time. He could bench Kap or Erod, and Simon and ZAR could still play come playoffs. I fully expect them to play. I like Simon more than ZAR, and Boyle is better than both. But having all three in the lineup is brutal.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd roll with the line up when healthy, like this:

Guentzel, Crosby, Rust
Heinen, Malkin, Kapanen
Zucker, Blueger, McGinn
ZAR, Carter, Rodrigues

The last two, I know wishful thinking but it'll probably be...

Zucker, Carter, Rodrigues
ZAR, Blueger, McGinn

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I loved going to Tampa to see the Pens. I was jealous watching that on tv.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Tell you what, Dumo, Carter and Pettersson all had strong showings tonight and none of them I don't believe were on the scoresheet. Might be Dumo's best game all season. But all three played very stiff and were on their toes all game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Friedman well he brings an ''interesting'' element to the game. Good to have new blood like that. Definitely accorded himself well since being back in the line up. Certainly makes himself known to the opposition, without necessarily hurting our cause. A spark plug so far to be sure.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tell you what, Dumo, Carter and Pettersson all had strong showings tonight and none of them I don't believe were on the scoresheet. Might be Dumo's best game all season. But all three played very stiff and were on their toes all game.

I wasn’t a big fan of Carter’s line tonight, but Pettersson has been sneaky good for awhile now outside of the Toronto and Canes games.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I wasn’t a big fan of Carter’s line tonight, but Pettersson has been sneaky good for awhile now outside of the Toronto and Canes games.
I thought Carter really took time and space away from the Bolts in his back checking. It seemed as if he was always in someones face. And a handful in the Bolts end all night. Despite the fact he didn't get an assist on the McGinn tally I thought he was a catalyst for that play and that line.

Our gap and positioning were excellent tonight. The only thing I would say however and it's not necessarily a negative, but the Bolts didn't have their ''A'' game. I do think however we were a major cause as to the reason why.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Engblom said ''that we were the best team he's seen all season''. That's rather high praise.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Eh I still get a veteran back up and make DeShit the third.

that-look-when-you-know-its-a-wet-fart-10507710.png

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
14th forwards don’t play 50 of 56 games. 14th forward in Pittsburgh = 11th forward on every other team.
We play the best game we have all season against the two time defending cup champs and you cannot enjoy it? If you can't enjoy this you won't likely enjoy much of anything with this team. You're fixated on 4th liners who actually played well tonight and will likely go to the press box when we get healthy.

For one night you can't acknowledge that we played one hell of a hockey game in pretty much every facet from start to finish? This is one of if not the best we've played in a regular season game against an elite opponent in a long long time.

But lets talk about Simon!

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
4th line being hard to play against.

Geno with vision, no bad passes, hitting dudes? 3pts. Love the 1 on 0 bury, I got out of my seat and swore!

Letang with a fight. Wrestling some dude like a rag doll.

Sid looked great.

Jarry af.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad