Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Lightning| win | Marching Penguins ride the lightning to victory

Lightning back to back cups:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Arguably their best game of the season.

Geno in God mode. He plays like that in April and May/June, they lift the Cup.

nah, the season ticket holders, the real experts on this forum, have told me that Geno has too many giveaways and just doesn’t care anymore, he’s lazy, can’t score at ES, and ruined team chemistry...we should’ve traded him

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Great game, but man was Geno flying tonight, his best game this year by far!
Love Friedmans scrappynes, you can tell he really gets under peoples skin, wish we had someone in that mold to play with Blueger and Mcginn on the fourth line when or if we ever have a full lineup.
Big props to Jarry as well, really solid again tonight.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Best game I saw all year. They didn't back down one inch from any of the physical stuff but they were still disciplined all over the rink. This team plays like this and they'll be hard to beat. It was obvious they had a little extra playing the champs. That power play is surgical.

Can't say enough about Jarry. The only way I can see this going sideways is if he has a rough start out of the gate in the playoffs. If we can get a couple solid wins to start I think that will do a ton for his confidence. So much respect though for how he rebounded, he took a lot of heat from everywhere after a pretty horrific performance and just put it all behind him. Impressive, impressive stuff.

Loved just about everything I saw although I need to see Kapanen get on the board still, not totally sold on him staying here even though that line is heating up. Heinen is playing a bigger role in that than Kapanen IMO. Still, L2 looking way better.

Big guns leading the way again. Another great game from Crosby. Malkin looked 25 tonight. I haven't seen those wheels yet this year, or the nasty streak. Bellemare thought he was going to take a pound of flesh and ended up on his ass watching a goal get scored on a breakaway. Absolutely superb shift and his best all-around game in the last 2-3 years. When Malkin is going the Pens are a different team.

No idea what will happen in the playoffs but I've enjoyed watching this team and it'll be a fun playoffs I think. Also, yeah I can't stand this Tampa team. Sorry. I know they are good. I know they won two (asterisk) Cups. Lol. I just can't stand them and they are entitled asses to me. I'd love to see us take a dump on them in the playoffs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great game…I’d love to see us go on a 2015-2016 March run that make everyone go “wow, they really have a chance to lift the Cup”…do we have the legs for that?

Reactions: Ignatius

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Great game…I’d love to see us go on a 2015-2016 March run that make everyone go “wow, they really have a chance to lift the Cup”…do we have the legs for that?

Are you absolutely sure? You being you, I would expect such a stretch to be followed up with you worrying about burn out and not being able to perform when it matters. Daily :D.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The energy from the start of the game was key. It allowed them to dictate. Sometimes I think this teams biggest problem is their mental fortitude.

Geno and L2+

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Now, if we could only trade Kap + for Bertuzzi….

Jake-Sid-Bertuzzi
Heinen-G-Rust
McGinn-ERod-Carter
ZAR-Blueger-Boyle

Reactions: Mrs Crosby's Dryer

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Great game, but man was Geno flying tonight, his best game this year by far!
Love Friedmans scrappynes, you can tell he really gets under peoples skin, wish we had someone in that mold to play with Blueger and Mcginn on the fourth line when or if we ever have a full lineup.
Big props to Jarry as well, really solid again tonight.

Didn't we play Friedman at forward this year? Maybe that's our answer.

After this game I can see the value in adding another shit stirrer. Games like tonight used to go the other way. Maybe a real jerk can be the wildcard the Pens need.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Great win. Loved vintage Malkin in action.

If we can sustain this level of play for the next couple of weeks, we need to make a splash at the TDL to strengthen our chances at a deep playoff run. I know that we’ve eventually got to rebuild and replenish but it would be foolish to squander any of the remaining Sid/Geno/ Letang chances at another cup.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Geno absolutely dominant, when he was out there he looked like vintage Lemieux! What a presence he was this evening. WOW!

Reactions: Cape and Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Maroon post game. He was saying that the Pens we’re playing how Tampa normally plays.
My stream cuts off once the game ends and they celebrate with the goalie. He picked the wrong team...just like Perry. The 3rd line with Carter and Perry would be cool. Too bad we didn't sign Perry, ah well Carter is also good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad