Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Lightning| win | Marching Penguins ride the lightning to victory

Lightning back to back cups:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
For those that hate Simon..

It’s like a Disney movie for this guy - he played in his 50th game of the season tonight. Only in Sully’s head or a Disney movie could this guy play in 50 games.

It WaS JuSt A DePTh SigNinG. He WonT PlAy.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It’s like a Disney movie for this guy - he played in his 50th game of the season tonight. Only in Sully’s head or a Disney movie could this guy play in 50 games.

You’re such a troll dude. Simon was great tonight. There is a reason he is playing and it’s the same reason players like Porter, Rowney and others in the back to back were playing in the regular season. Chemistry and personality means something.

You’re the type that sits at work and complains about everyone else aren’t you?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Cooper wondering in his postgame presser why the Pens are the least penalized team in the league, and noting that Sullivan got an explanation why he was ejected whereas Cooper just got a hand waived towards the exit…lol…such salty tears
It's true to an extent this year. We don't get as many penalties as we deserve. This game was no exception. Some missed trips.

I don't think we should be the least penalized team, but top 10 for sure.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That was one of the best working boots Geno game i've ever seen. He worked HARD. That first goal was all him. He came back and supported the play. He skated LOW and hard up the ice. He used the ice given. He dished to the open guy AND CONTINUED DRIVING to the net. Man... i could talk about G's game for hours. That was such a terrific working man's game by 71. Terrific stuff.

Great stuff by the boys. What a f***ing game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
For everyone that wants to complain about this team. Go look at the Oilers and Knights. The Oilers have a few of the best players in the league and are barely in the playoffs. The Knights have had tremendous success in the playoffs and are barely there.

Yet the Pens are here again, winning, putting forth entertaining hockey and having our elite stars in their mid 30s dominating and you want to bitch about fourth line talent while two of our top nine forwards are injured.

Most teams have to watch that performance from Malkin from their 20 year old prospects while the team flounders around them. We have a 35 year old that can single handed win a game against the back to back champs.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I can't wait to watch this later :nod:
I'm watching it for the second time and it's glorious! Hope we can bring the same intensity and attention to detail tomorrow night. Saw highlights of the Canes Caps game. Washington owned the crease and did a great job of screening Anderson. Hopefully we can get some traffic there also.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
For everyone that wants to complain about this team. Go look at the Oilers and Knights. The Oilers have a few of the best players in the league and are barely in the playoffs. The Knights have had tremendous success in the playoffs and are barely there.

Yet the Pens are here again, winning, putting forth entertaining hockey and having our elite stars in their mid 30s dominating and you want to bitch about fourth line talent while two of our top nine forwards are injured.

Most teams have to watch that performance from Malkin from their 20 year old prospects while the team flounders around them. We have a 35 year old that can single handed win a game against the back to back champs.
When Geno is at his best There's not many players at all who can rival his high end skillset. Lemieux and Gretzky but I can't think of many others.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

This post needs to almost be on every page. When the boys go on their bad spurts, it gets frustrating because we are just so used to this era. But we are getting older. All of us. :laugh: So when you see a performance like tonight, you can't ignore it. And all someone has to do is go to nhl.com to look at Carolina losing to a woeful Caps team who has been losing left/right lately.

Gotta enjoy the journey and tonight was enjoyable.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That was another level. Team has a different gear they haven’t been using. Malkin looked like he was 25 and angry.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
This post needs to almost be on every page. When the boys go on their bad spurts, it gets frustrating because we are just so used to this era. But we are getting older. All of us. :laugh: So when you see a performance like tonight, you can't ignore it. And all someone has to do is go to nhl.com to look at Carolina losing to a woeful Caps team who has been losing left/right lately.

Gotta enjoy the journey and tonight was enjoyable.

I love hockey and we get to watch Crosby and Malkin who this year are as good as anyone not named McDavid, Matthews, Huberdeau or MacKinnon. It’s crazy. Nobody else has talent like that.

It’s Lemieux, Sakic, Forsberg, Jagr, Yzerman level shit.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I love how we've dominated them twice in their barn.
I'd be thrilled with a point tomorrow. That being said, Carolina also won't be rested so we got a shot.

I just hope we don’t make Raanta look like a Vezina finalist again…we haven’t even played Andersen

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You’re such a troll dude. Simon was great tonight. There is a reason he is playing and it’s the same reason players like Porter, Rowney and others in the back to back were playing in the regular season. Chemistry and personality means something.

You’re the type that sits at work and complains about everyone else aren’t you?
Sorry that I don’t ignore the 48 games he sucks or adds nothing, and don’t focus on his two solid games. He did play well tonight though.

He better be the nicest guy in the organization getting to play so much.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s a 13th / 14th forward who can come in night in and night out and be on the ice for more goals than against.
14th forwards don’t play 50 of 56 games. 14th forward in Pittsburgh = 11th forward on every other team.

metalan2

May 30, 2008

I wouldn't say bitching about the 4th line is it.

The penguins have had almost zero scoring from the bottom 3 lines for the last month and half. That is something to complain about when you are attempting to win a Stanley cup. It legitimately needs addressed.

Coasting in the regular season is not going to appease anyone.

You're the one who said the Penguins were done 2 weeks into the season, so you should understand a bit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A solid 45min effort. Getting close to full game of not being idiots.

+ Friedman getting the Bolts to lose their shit.
+ 4th line taking the lead from Friedman
+ Geno was score, bingo.
+ Jarry wasn't busy but when he was he was a stud.
+ Brockstar breakaway
- Carter was there, that's all anyone can say, he was mostly ass in this game.

I liked the battle back, showed why we don't need a goon. But I think having a powerforward type would have been nice. Just to have a bull in a China shop type.

Kapanen and Geno might be finding some kindling, or maybe it's false smoke. We'll find out soon enough.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I wouldn't say bitching about the 4th line is it.

The penguins have had almost zero scoring from the bottom 3 lines for the last month and half. That is something to complain about when you are attempting to win a Stanley cup. It legitimately needs addressed.

Coasting in the regular season is not going to appease anyone.

You're the one who said the Penguins were done 2 weeks into the season, so you should understand a bit.

My issue with the Penguins 2 weeks into the season had nothing to do with their depth scoring. It had to do with the following which I explained.

1. The division being competitive. I was wrong Philly and New Jersey suck ass. Columbus has fallen off a cliff. Easy way to make the playoffs.

2. Elite talent. I thought we’d be f***ed because Sid came back late and then immediately got COVID. Players like Carter, Rodrigues, McGinn and Blueger stepped up huge.

3. Goaltending. Jarry and Desmith looked shaky for the first month of the year. They both have rounded out their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad