Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Lightning| win | Marching Penguins ride the lightning to victory

Lightning back to back cups:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
OC8rDdv.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Geno in this one was pretty much everything we would like from him.
Except faceoffs, one failed clear almost causing a chance against, and him not shooting himself in the 1st period when he tried to center for Heinen. Otherwise, just old school vs. Tampa dominance, a team he pretty much owns.

Splendid game from the Pens overall. Everyone did well. Yes, also the 4th liners.

Letang had a strong game (so don't want to shit on him) - except for one awful "you cannot do that after this many years in the league" play.
It is important to mention that, because in most of our losses, it is about us giving up a goal like that to get behind the 8-ball, and it is mostly our first pairing doing so when the 1st line is on the ice. Gotta' eliminate these plays. Outside of health and Jarry, it is our biggest risk factor.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

A 4th line forward who plays like Friedman instead of one that plays like Simon would be quite useful, both now and especially in the playoffs. That shouldn't cost too much to acquire, should it?

Better check to make sure Sully will actually use him before spending anything to acquire that guy (whoever he is), however.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Great win, but TBL did not play very well at all. Shot total tells you everything, and do this for 4-5 games then I will believe. Thought ZAR, Carts, Kappy, Heiny, Freidman, and Malkin had fantastic games along with our secondary scoring finally showing up.

Top players still in the red in xGF% which is a bad trend; Crosby, Dumo, Jake, and Letang. Jarry played very well for the win against a top team. Our forwards seemed to always be in the exact correct position at the right time tonight and were intercepting tons of passes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
A 4th line forward who plays like Friedman instead of one that plays like Simon would be quite useful, both now and especially in the playoffs. That shouldn't cost too much to acquire, should it?

Better check to make sure Sully will actually use him before spending anything to acquire that guy (whoever he is), however.

Nick Paul and sign him for 3-4 years at 3-3.5 mil

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why is it the only games the Pens win big are the ones I don't get to watch? I have to suffer through frustrating crappy efforts where they squeak out a goal or 2, meanwhile the nights the games aren't televised the Pens go on a heater.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why is it the only games the Pens win big are the ones I don't get to watch? I have to suffer through frustrating crappy efforts where they squeak out a goal or 2, meanwhile the nights the games aren't televised the Pens go on a heater.
Stop watching until next season please. We will add you to Pens cup parade.

You may end up like Maatta though....

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

Please don't watch tomorrow then. :D

There's a good chance it will be Letdown City after tonight's emotional win, and the Pens need all the help they can get against a Carolina team that's gonna be pissed after their less than spectacular effort tonight in D.C.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Didn't we play Friedman at forward this year? Maybe that's our answer.

After this game I can see the value in adding another shit stirrer. Games like tonight used to go the other way. Maybe a real jerk can be the wildcard the Pens need.

Did we?

I know Cough Drop got played on the wing, but I missed it with Friedman.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Looking it up, he did play some forward in Philly but maybe I was just remembering a discussion about it.

Frankly, I'm good with whatever keeps him in the lineup. Small sample size, but he's been a difference maker when he gets the nod.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Great game. Tons of Pens fans/chants. Geno is score. Was a fun one to attend tonight with 20 great friends and family

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Great win. Geno was a monster.

Though I have to say, I chuckle at people saying things like “They can win if they play like this!!” Uhhh… yeah. No shit. If any team plays like that they’ll win everything ever. As if any team out there dominates like that on a consistent basis. :laugh:

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Pretty crazy that Malkin can still dominate a game with pure physical talent at 35 yrs of age

Reactions: Cape

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Cooper wondering in his postgame presser why the Pens are the least penalized team in the league, and noting that Sullivan got an explanation why he was ejected whereas Cooper just got a hand waived towards the exit…lol…such salty tears

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Great win, but TBL did not play very well at all. Shot total tells you everything, and do this for 4-5 games then I will believe. Thought ZAR, Carts, Kappy, Heiny, Freidman, and Malkin had fantastic games along with our secondary scoring finally showing up.

Top players still in the red in xGF% which is a bad trend; Crosby, Dumo, Jake, and Letang. Jarry played very well for the win against a top team. Our forwards seemed to always be in the exact correct position at the right time tonight and were intercepting tons of passes.
Sometimes the opposing team forces a team to play bad. Tip your cap to the Pens.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Can we get one for the 3rd line too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad