Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Lightning| win | Marching Penguins ride the lightning to victory

Lightning back to back cups:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
that-look-when-you-know-its-a-wet-fart-10507710.png
Casey DeShart has a good ring to it.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
@HoG I just think the name-calling is juvenile and unworthy for a guy who has been a good pro for us and been with the organization since 2015. But of course I know that it's your sanctimonious side rather than having much to do with his level of performance.

Three class-less Subban's from me.

Anyway, outside his first three games this season, rough start as it was, his save percentage is now 0.912 and his GAA is 2.27.
Since he got yanked after one period against Columbus, coming back from Covid (too quickly, it would appear Sully was right on that), he is 3-0-1, and has a 0.934 SV% and 1.8 GAA.

Clearly, if he doesn't sustain quality play until the deadline and someone meaningful is available, it's an area one could look at strengthening.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
@HoG I just think the name-calling is juvenile and unworthy for a guy who has been a good pro for us and been with the organization since 2015. But of course I know that it's your sanctimonious side rather than having much to do with his level of performance.

Three class-less Subban's from me.

Anyway, outside his first three games this season, rough start as it was, his save percentage is now 0.912 and his GAA is 2.27.
Since he got yanked after one period against Columbus, coming back from Covid (too quickly, it would appear Sully was right on that), he is 3-0-1, and has a 0.934 SV% and 1.8 GAA.

Clearly, if he doesn't sustain quality play until the deadline and someone meaningful is available, it's an area one could look at strengthening.

I don't see @Honour Over Glory have ever criticized Desmith's on ice performance. it's more the off ice reasons that disgust us.

Reactions: Pens x

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't see @Honour Over Glory have ever criticized Desmith's on ice performance. it's more the off ice reasons that disgust us.
Just a thought, you can root for the player and not necessarily the person. You don't know him on a personal level, so don't make it personal. I feel sure he's not concerned about what you would do or don't in your personal life. Pretty sure you're not perfect so.....

Last edited:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Despite his very slow start, Crosby is pacing for nearly 100 points over 82 games. Malkin (in an admittedly small sample size) is also on a 98 point pace. These guys still have it...it's just a matter of keeping them healthy.

Pretty sure you're not perfect so.....

I am no puritan but I think beating up women is a little bit beyond "not perfect." I don't wish any ill fate on DeSmith, but I really don't love rooting for guys who act like that. I have long been reluctant to root for the Steelers for similar reasons.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We play the best game we have all season against the two time defending cup champs and you cannot enjoy it? If you can't enjoy this you won't likely enjoy much of anything with this team. You're fixated on 4th liners who actually played well tonight and will likely go to the press box when we get healthy.

For one night you can't acknowledge that we played one hell of a hockey game in pretty much every facet from start to finish? This is one of if not the best we've played in a regular season game against an elite opponent in a long long time.

But lets talk about Simon!
I said I was extremely jealous I wasn’t at the game! Last night was awesome. You are the one who always says they should trade everyone since they have no chance to win. I never threw in the towel this year or last year. Now, we will need to make some moves at the deadline, and Sully needs to remember how to coach to have that chance.

I’d like our chances more with a different GM and coach. That’s why I get so fired up - I truly think they are close to being a contender but the GM and coach are morons most of the time.

Last edited:

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Give Malkin's linemates credit too. They are winning almost every board battle and working relentlessly.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Great win. Loved vintage Malkin in action.

If we can sustain this level of play for the next couple of weeks, we need to make a splash at the TDL to strengthen our chances at a deep playoff run.
if we can sustain this level of play for the next couple of weeks we won't need to add anyone.:nod:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Malkin loves playing in Tampa. Maybe he should sign there, it would be a perfect fit. He'll be on LTIR so he could fit under the cap, but in his case it's actually something real.

Seriously though, re-sign him. He deserves to retire a Penguin.

He loves it until he gets sunburned again

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Nice game from most players, but I think people underrate the quality looks that TB got from their very low shot totals. Hat tip to Jarry who came up and allowed us to run away with this one.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Lawd amighty. I do love me some Crosby but when Geno gets that Mr. Mojo Risin' and that gallop kicked in there aren't many players who are more fun to watch.

Not sure what it is they actually did to his knee but I'm curious as to when I can get one as I creak and crack and groan getting my prodigious keister out of an office chair to let the dog out.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Despite his very slow start, Crosby is pacing for nearly 100 points over 82 games. Malkin (in an admittedly small sample size) is also on a 98 point pace. These guys still have it...it's just a matter of keeping them healthy.

I am no puritan but I think beating up women is a little bit beyond "not perfect." I don't wish any ill fate on DeSmith, but I really don't love rooting for guys who act like that. I have long been reluctant to root for the Steelers for similar reasons.
love how the media is clueless..beatifying Geno after trying to tear him appart...anyways, This is still 35 year old hockey player that needs a ton of help from his lineman...IMO he is somewhere about 70% of his best, Sid is at about 75%...and they are stil TOP 10 players in this league...that just tells you how friggin good they were, and what a criminal management decision was to keep Bylsma there forever and basically disallowed them to win 3-4 more cups...

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Nice game from most players, but I think people underrate the quality looks that TB got from their very low shot totals. Hat tip to Jarry who came up and allowed us to run away with this one.
I don't...they had way too many HDCF 8 at even strength according to NST, however the difference is that they really weren't product of some lapses or bad defensive plays, at least 3 of 4 were not converted because our dman still were with the player, stick on stick etc...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Give Malkin's linemates credit too. They are winning almost every board battle and working relentlessly.
Heinen suprises me with his ability to forecheck with his stick basically, similar to Rust or Jake, kept possession a lot down low...right now he is our best L2 LW option by far

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
what a criminal management decision was to keep Bylsma there forever and basically disallowed them to win 3-4 more cups...

I know this "what if?" scenario has been discussed to death, but I really only think Byslma personally cost the Pens the cup in 2013. The only other post years between 2010 and 2015 where they really looked like they had a team good enough to go all the way were 2010 and 2012, and I assign Fleury a lot more blame than I assign Bylsma for those flameouts.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I know this "what if?" scenario has been discussed to death, but I really only think Byslma personally cost the Pens the cup in 2013. The only other post years between 2010 and 2015 where they really looked like they had a team good enough to go all the way were 2010 and 2012, and I assign Fleury a lot more blame than I assign Bylsma for those flameouts.
I agree with 2013. I was a pretty stout Blysma defender. Then after that playoffs I wanted to shoot him into the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad