Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kraken: Loss - for want of a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'm convinced Dubas wants to rebuild and has just been waiting for this group to fall flat like they have. Would explain the extreme patience approach all year when the problems have been glaring from day one.

This honestly seems like the most plausible thing at this point. He has a 7 year deal. It is longer than every player and coach.

Why make the hard decision like firing sullivan when you can wait it out until the players and coaches all fail or want out.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
POJ is so freaking weird. Last season he took a big step bc they gave him a ton of opportunity.
This year he mostly got 3rd paid duties and looked completely lost.

But now they've bumped him up against harder competition/more TOI and he responds.
I wonder if he's just a guy that gets 'cold' sitting on the bench and when he's constantly engaged, he just has a motor that won't quit.
It's almost like it's a coach's job to know how to utilize players and not just pigeon hole them into roles they struggle with.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Once again......

Less than the sum of their parts.

This team needs an Edmonton-lite winning streak, but they can't even manage that anymore. Sell the passengers on this team and look to next year.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
POJ is so freaking weird. Last season he took a big step bc they gave him a ton of opportunity.
This year he mostly got 3rd paid duties and looked completely lost.

But now they've bumped him up against harder competition/more TOI and he responds.
I wonder if he's just a guy that gets 'cold' sitting on the bench and when he's constantly engaged, he just has a motor that won't quit.
Im pretty sure Sullivan would murder Dubas if he traded away Ruhwedel.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A smart GM would be taking away toys at this point in the season and forcing new options on Sullivan for the mere sake of "seeing what we have".

Reactions: TNT87 and orby

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Mike Rupp saying "Harkins gets it done" epitomizes the Penguins' current level of pathetic mediocrity.
Mike Rupp is like the very definition of mediocre and the fact that he was a fan fave for any length of time is pretty much the most damning indictment of the entire Western PA area I can think of.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it's perfectly fine and right to hold Dubas' feet to the fire.

But again... Imma laugh when Sullivan is finally falling out of favor and/or gone and all these articles start dropping about the insane amount of pull he had on roster construction year to year. IMO this is more his roster than the GM's. And he's the one constant and big voice in the room the last 5 years.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
True but a part of that is also signing guys like Nieto and claiming guys like Harkins.

Dubas could have just said: Make due with Zohorna, Hinostroza, and Poulin.
Totally in agreement. It's just wild that people were defending some of the early season stuff, even discounting the benefit of hindsight.

On the bright side, only 25 games until Carter f***s off.
The immediate Pensblog memeization of Carter reminded me of how much Pensblog also liked players like Rupp who had one moment of doing something interesting with the Pens and then was pretty much just like... well, Carter. Useless.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
On the bright side, only 25 games until Carter f***s off.

Thank goodness I didn't watch this game or I might have had a little meltdown when they evidently shoved his husk out there for the EN.

But no by all means lets try to pump Jeff Carter's tires. He's got what like 2 assists this year? Yeah that guy is gonna get it done, Mike.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Please someone send an offer for Carter to get that sweet "vet leadership".

Just refocused after a period of time where the team wasn't executing well

Just standard stuff that ANY team would do to re-direct their destiny

I'm sure nothing big
I heard they just kept playing their game and eventually it all came into place. No need to think any deeper about it, especially as to their coaching.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Trust the process, we will figure out that zone entries on the power play thing any day now. Maybe even before the end of the decade.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad