Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kraken: Loss - for want of a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
That’s possible, but if that was his master plan, saddling the team with EK’s cap for another four years was monumentally stupid
36fbe04e-84c4-4aeb-b492-c117754f9096_text.gif

Dubas and Spezza working away at the master plan circa 2065. Sid will still be a PPG player.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sucks that Poulin got hurt at the time he did, cause I'd seriously give give Vegas back that miserable, sulking, pile of shit and just call up Poulin, at least he'd half assed want to be here and at least attempt to give something resembled an NHL level effort.
Smith hating being on the Pens is about the most normal thing, to be fair. Who would be happy on this team coached by the ignorant tit that is Sully?

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
I'm pretty sure Sully believes in the hockey gods and that a red carpet would be laid out for Jeff Carter to get a goal in his 1300th game. Because why else he would be out there over Smith with the goalie pulled is beyond me.

+++ that period and a half Geno. We need that Geno
++ POJ. He is a f'in guy. 3rd best defender at playing defense we have.
+ Acciari. Should be getting 3C minutes.
≠Jarry
- Ruhwedel. All that passing just to set our golden sniper Chad Ruhwedel for 4 SOG.
-- Puljujarvi. Is not a f'in guy.
---Eller. Biggest poser on the team. So sick of it.

Reactions: Trade and Phil68

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This team relies so much on deflections from point shots to score goals that it's almost comical.

Sullivan's like that football coach who just calls for a Hail Mary every time. Looks good when the QB is really on and the opposition defense isn't doing a good job covering the WRs, but basically gets stumped any time the opposition sticks to the WRs like glue.

From 2015-2018 this team went from causing havoc in front of the crease to the coach basically abandoning that each season. Pens could get 50 shots on net with 5 scoring chances.

The Sully Method.

euyS4wM.png
Cycle, cycle, cycle ... funnel puck back to the point for a long distance shot and hope it gets tipped on the way.

That's the creative genius Sullivan has come up with.

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
Not a single player on the ice for the Pens tonight had the balls to crash the net to try and score an ugly goal even once. Grubauer is going to look good if the plan is just to lob shots from the perimeter lazily like they did all night.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I don't like our broadcasting team, so I like to listen to the away feed (especially on away games).

Seattle's broadcasting team is one of the few I dislike even more than our own squad. Hey hey hey, f*** off.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kinda funny when we went Malkin - Sid - Rakell to win the game.

Sullivan is such a shit coach.
It's going to be hilarious when he finally (at some point in the next 20 years) gets fired and then proceeds to fall flat on his face with his new team. All the stunned looks around the league like, "woah, what happened? he was so good!" like when Bylsma was exposed after Pittsburgh.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's going to be hilarious when he finally (at some point in the next 20 years) gets fired and then proceeds to fall flat on his face with his new team. All the stunned looks around the league like, "woah, what happened? he was so good!" like when Bylsma was exposed after Pittsburgh.
2026 Olympics eyes_emoji.jpg

:laugh:

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
I actually don't think Sullivan is a bad coach, just that his shelf life expired about 18 months ago. Bylsma, in contrast, was indeed an idiot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I find it adorable that some Pens writers are now seeing Puustinen as the legit player that he is. These tossers were perplexed at why fans were clamouring better usage of him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
BTW Joseph has been playing so damn well, doesn't get enough credit for it. Turdwedel is not an nhl'er at all and its comical he keeps getting played. Maybe Dubas can get a conditional 7th for him.

This team relies so much on deflections from point shots to score goals that it's almost comical.

Sullivan's like that football coach who just calls for a Hail Mary every time. Looks good when the QB is really on and the opposition defense isn't doing a good job covering the WRs, but basically gets stumped any time the opposition sticks to the WRs like glue.

Cycle, cycle, cycle ... funnel puck back to the point for a long distance shot and hope it gets tipped on the way.

That's the creative genius Sullivan has come up with.
And today they acted like they have always played in the paint and needed to vs the Kraken. Lol they've been allergic to the front of the net for a while. When Puustinen is going there and players are still not throwing pucks at the net, it's a coaching issue that seems to consistently happen.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad