Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kraken: Loss - for want of a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Plus Jarry

Powerplay is still a joke and Reiden should have been fired a long time ago. Sullivan still keeps playing the same players on the 4th line. This team is so hot and cold all year.

I don’t have any confidence in Dubas improving this team by the trade deadline. I hope the Fenway Sports Group is happy that the pens will miss the playoffs two years in a row.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
That third period probably got Sully rock hard.
Dumping and chasing to enter the zone.
Get there first.
Pass the puck around the perimeter while never actually getting a shot off.
Repeat.
Take a few dumbs penalties.
They all played like ineffective grinders.
They played like Sullivan.

I look forward to the next Jansen Harkins feature/interview/segment.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Didn't know squids flop like fish and not be caught.

Sid is really a true competitor. Inspiring effort. We are so lucky.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Well this "we owe it to the guys who each made over $100,000,000 playing hockey to keep trying" thing is going just swimmingly. Having so much fun.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'm convinced Dubas wants to rebuild and has just been waiting for this group to fall flat like they have. Would explain the extreme patience approach all year when the problems have been glaring from day one.
I think it's more that this team had to prove to him that there was a reason to spend assets to add to the team. And it hasn't. It's said the exact opposite, that it's time to sell some pieces with the future in mind.

Reactions: Luigi Lemieux

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Sully.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm convinced Dubas wants to rebuild and has just been waiting for this group to fall flat like they have. Would explain the extreme patience approach all year when the problems have been glaring from day one.
He can't fire the coach which is the single biggest move he can make.

Next is knowing any trade he makes he has to deal with the coach f***ing it up.

You'd be patient as well knowing there's no move that fixes this team with the same coach.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I think it's more that this team had to prove to him that there was a reason to spend assets to add to the team. And it hasn't. It's said the exact opposite, that it's time to sell some pieces with the future in mind.
And imo hasn't fired Sullivan because he doesn't want to put any heat on his own guy and himself for such a lifeless mediocre group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad