Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Kraken: Loss - for want of a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nuke the coaching staff, sell Jake and Petts high, field calls on Jarry to see if any teams are desperate for a goalie. Tell Sid you're sorry but he's gonna be on a team actively dismantling over the next few years. Turn the page.

None of this is gonna happen though. :laugh: Oh well.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
From 2015-2018 this team went from causing havoc in front of the crease to the coach basically abandoning that each season. Pens could get 50 shots on net with 5 scoring chances.

The Sully Method.

euyS4wM.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bye bye Jake.

You get a Jarry and Rust to keep you company on the way out.

The funniest shit I read was this Rossi article about Jake being in trade rumors.

"I don't like new gloves" - lmao, holy f***. Entire article is whining about the potential of being traded and dealing with new things. I almost want a giant baby like that to get traded.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, Bob.

When you play a top team like the Canucks.

Not when you play a bottom-feeder like the Kraken.
And yet without Jake and Rust they scored 4 against the Canucks. But the team of Selke's in Seattle, after 33 shots...lol

Ah. I hope the entire roster is traded because Sullivan is never leaving and is killing this team.
Jarry has been way better than anyone wants to give him credit for. He would actually go on and be stellar for a better team, I know most want to hate Jarry no matter what but if Dubas does that, he might as well just blow it all up.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Sucks that Poulin got hurt at the time he did, cause I'd seriously give give Vegas back that miserable, sulking, pile of shit and just call up Poulin, at least he'd half assed want to be here and at least attempt to give something resembled an NHL level effort.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Like no offense to the Jake die hards, but reading the quotes by Jake was just, wow a f***ing pair lad.
I missed something, what did Jake say?

And yet without Jake and Rust they scored 4 against the Canucks. But the team of Selke's in Seattle, after 33 shots...lol

Jarry has been way better than anyone wants to give him credit for. He would actually go on and be stellar for a better team, I know most want to hate Jarry no matter what but if Dubas does that, he might as well just blow it all up.
Yeah he's been good this season.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well. That was deflating.

Need to create more high danger shots. I don't think we win with Defensemen constantly shooting at the blue line as our tactic.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
That game was emblematic of the season.
Completely and totally. Let opposition off the hook after caving them and not scoring. Give up a scrappy, stupid goal off a clown show play. Have our goaltending come up trumps, only for our offense to dry up. Only thing missing was a backbreaking SHG against as we play with our willies on another busted PP

The icing on top is watching the whole thing and having the familiar “why did I expect anything different?” Feeling when it’s all done. But the Pittsburgh Sullivans roll on.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Sucks that Poulin got hurt at the time he did, cause I'd seriously give give Vegas back that miserable, sulking, pile of shit and just call up Poulin, at least he'd half assed want to be here and at least attempt to give something resembled an NHL level effort.
Poulin seems to never available. He’s going the Beau Bennett route only less successful.

Reactions: Al Smith

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I'm convinced Dubas wants to rebuild and has just been waiting for this group to fall flat like they have. Would explain the extreme patience approach all year when the problems have been glaring from day one.
That’s possible, but if that was his master plan, saddling the team with EK’s cap for another four years was monumentally stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad