Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I haven't checked the reactions in any of the various threads, but I'm sure many of you guys were like me in thinking Puust should've gotten another game based on how he performed against VGK. Didn't exactly light the world on fire, but he was +2 with an assist and I thought showed some good offensive instincts in terms of making himself available for shots. I didn't notice him rag the puck at all though, not sure if that was a confidence thing or just no real chances in only 10 mins of ice time.

Cant believe I'm saying this but I think Sullivan knew what he was doing opting to play big Z over the 5'9" 22 year old against the #1 seed Carolina. That was an incredibly tight checking, PHYSICAL game and while Zohorna was mostly invisible, you gotta think that Puust would've been just as ineffective.
i would agree but does sully have a history of doing that?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean, they wouldn’t be favored in a series against Carolina or anything but not many teams would. They just went 5-1-1 in a stretch against NYR, CBJ, TB, FL, CAR, VGK, and FL - I don’t think we are a top 5 team but we certainly are right there after the best teams.

yeah, that’s how I view the Pens. Although, I think the top 3 teams are Florida, Calgary, Colorado in the league and everyone else is a layer below.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
See, good things happen if you take a nap in the second (against Vegas) or the third period (today) and play with a lead rather than the first (about a dozen games lately). Of course, relying on your goalie to allow 2 goals or fewer when facing 40+ shots is a bit of a problem. Then again, we might as well take whole games off the way the playoff "race" has shaped up. We played better in the game in Raleigh and lost, this randomness is a big part of the charm of hockey, so I am not going to complain after a win. Well, except to say that PP1 still has absolutely no clue how to deal with the Canes PK, you would think that stars who have played together for so long would have a few tricks up their sleeves and manage to create something even if they didn't score.
And we actually scored a deflection goal! Rarity.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
*looks around* Well, this is going to take some getting used to.

Those last few minutes took a year or so off my life, but it's also nice that they're getting those empty netters, now, too.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

rick6668

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, NY
Just got home from the game. 4.5 hour drive each way. So glad my daughter and son got to see the win. My other son was sad Carolina lost but was OK with it (Canes fan)
Kept my steak alive 10 games attended live and the Pens have won every one.

Good Time. The building went from Crazy loud after Crosby's goal to silent after Aho scored. Glad they held on.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Just got home from the game. 4.5 hour drive each way. So glad my daughter and son got to see the win. My other son was sad Carolina lost but was OK with it (Canes fan)

Good Time. The building went from Crazy loud after Crosby's goal to silent after Aho scored. Glad they held on.
Come playoffs I will pay you to attend.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I haven't checked the reactions in any of the various threads, but I'm sure many of you guys were like me in thinking Puust should've gotten another game based on how he performed against VGK. Didn't exactly light the world on fire, but he was +2 with an assist and I thought showed some good offensive instincts in terms of making himself available for shots. I didn't notice him rag the puck at all though, not sure if that was a confidence thing or just no real chances in only 10 mins of ice time.

Cant believe I'm saying this but I think Sullivan knew what he was doing opting to play big Z over the 5'9" 22 year old against the #1 seed Carolina. That was an incredibly tight checking, PHYSICAL game and while Zohorna was mostly invisible, you gotta think that Puust would've been just as ineffective.

I wonder if it's just some experimentation with in-house players ahead of the TDL. Not exactly what Sully's known for, but it's good to get a look at what the pipeline really looks like in call-up situations. And, it must be noted, whether it's correlation or causation, that shuffle has worked.

Also, I'm so glad Teddy's back.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

That was a hell of an empty-netter :nod:

Reactions: rick6668

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The team is doing enough to “force Sleepy’s hand” again like last season, except her can’t half ass it and needs to bring in a top 6 winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad