Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Early games

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Trocheck/Malkin faceoff was in the FIRST period. Not the third. Check again.

I'm not suggesting Malkin/Rodrigues/Heinen were bad. I'm suggesting Geno left the ice once in the game and went down to the locker room quickly. He also had a Cane fall on his legs behind the net midway through the game.

And he did not have a shift in the final seven minutes, which is eyebrow raising.

ok. Yeah the FO was in the first, but I watched the whole game and I remember he and ERod out there (I think was about 5-6 min left) and they got stuck out there and they switched and ERod took the D zone FO. Jarry stopped the puck and then that line changed. Maybe G didn’t get out there again. Let’s see if anyone in the media asks if he’s injured

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
ok. Yeah the FO was in the first, but I watched the whole game and I remember he and ERod out there (I think was about 5-6 min left) and they got stuck out there and they switched and ERod took the D zone FO. Jarry stopped the puck and then that line changed. Maybe G didn’t get out there again. Let’s see if anyone in the media asks if he’s injured
Rodrigues took a faceoff against Staal with 7:22 left.

That line was off the ice 18 seconds later. Malkin and Heinen didn't take the ice again.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Kapanen didn't have a bad game, he just didn't score. Ill take Bourque's word over @jmelm, but I understand the pile on
if this is "he did not have a bad game", than just trade him...he got open twice with good looks that he should score on, other than that he did nothing, Zero, nada..in 8 ES minutes he was on ice...yes he did not cost us any goals, in those 8 minutes his line managed 4 shot attempts vs. 15 against...
so I'll take @jmelm word over Bourque's on this one...and also what I saw there..
again if the standard for TOP 6 winger that is supposed to be the guy to make difference out there...than OK...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
ZAR gets another goal on our upcoming road trip, write it down peeps.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
if this is "he did not have a bad game", than just trade him...he got open twice with good looks that he should score on, other than that he did nothing, Zero, nada..in 8 ES minutes he was on ice...yes he did not cost us any goals, in those 8 minutes his line managed 4 shot attempts vs. 15 against...
so I'll take @jmelm word over Bourque's on this one...and also what I saw there..
again if the standard for TOP 6 winger that is supposed to be the guy to make difference out there...than OK...

I am just against piling on a player when he did nothing wrong. As I said in my other post I understand calling him out and if he did something wrong ya go ahead.....he did nothing wrong. I know he needs to be better, he needs to put the puck in the net etc but there were other things in this game that were way more wrong than Kap

Its like a bully in a schoolyard picking on a kid and others jump in.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rodrigues took a faceoff against Staal with 7:22 left.

That line was off the ice 18 seconds later. Malkin and Heinen didn't take the ice again.

i don’t think if Geno was injured they would keep Heinen and ERod off the ice though…they’d play them with another center, right?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
ZAR played well outside of the empty-netter, people.

He's been good the last couple, actually.

If we do move Marino I hope we move Friedman up vs. Ruhwedel. I like Fried way better.

Reactions: rick6668

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am just against piling on a player when he did nothing wrong. As I said in my other post I understand calling him out and if he did something wrong ya go ahead.....he did nothing wrong. I know he needs to be better, he needs to put the puck in the net etc but there were other things in this game that were way more wrong than Kap

Its like a bully in a schoolyard picking on a kid and others jump in.
Thats fine, I actually super like the guy, wish him nothing but the best...but he is struggling or maybe he is not being utilized in the right way..unfortunately we need that second line winger that can score in bunches, and if he does not deliver that it will always be underachieving.. So if we want to say that he had a good game in away iif you build it it will come, I am fine with that

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Thats fine, I actually super like the guy, wish him nothing but the best...but he is struggling or maybe he is not being utilized in the right way..unfortunately we need that second line winger that can score in bunches, and if he does not deliver that it will always be underachieving.. So if we want to say that he had a good game in away iif you build it it will come, I am fine with that

I don't think its any secret that he's underperforming. He was brought in to succeed with Geno, his game is under a microscope and not playing well we are going to magnify everything because that is our biggest need.

I just cant beat a guy down that was far from a problem today. If he did something dumb or caused a shitty goal, go for it. Other than that just not a fan of the pile on

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
i don’t think if Geno was injured they would keep Heinen and ERod off the ice though…they’d play them with another center, right?
I don't think it was injury, this is not the first time his line is benched in one goal EN situations

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad