Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Teddy "Frau" Blueger appreciation post

sUJ9hY.gif

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Not overly excited about allowing 40 shots again, but I imagine that at least some of it was score effects.
Keeping opponents to two goals or fewer will be important, so it's good that that happened.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Don't get the complaints re DST. You would prefer the sun to come up at 4:30AM and go down at 7:30PM in the summer?

I mean this Is quite an exaggeration.

There is quite a few problems that daylightsavings time does a quick Google search will show the pros and cons.

I just see all the cons and barely feel like I am missing any of the pros.

Didn't have to lose an hour of sleep and disrupt my sleeping pattern. The increase of heart attack chance is not there etc. To name a couple.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I mean this Is quite an exaggeration.

There is quite a few problems that daylightsavings time does a quick Google search will show the pros and cons.

I just see all the cons and barely feel like I am missing any of the pros.

Didn't have to lose an hour of sleep and disrupt my sleeping pattern. The increase of heart attack chance is not there etc. To name a couple.

Quite an exaggeration? Sunrise 550AM, sunset 855PM DST. So if we didn't change clock, sunrise would be 450 and sunset 755.

I don't know about you but I am a big fan of sun well into summer nights. We're such a nation of whiners.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Got severely out shot by an exhausted team that couldn't finish and blokes here will just focus on the win, not how.

Carry on.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Got severely out shot by an exhausted team that couldn't finish and blokes here will just focus on the win, not how.

Carry on.
Little deceptive since the Canes take a ton of low percentage shots from the point. A lot of easy freezes for Jarry.
I'm more concerned about the high danger count being heavily in their favor. Definitely outplayed us. We backchecked super well though.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
At what point is it Geno and not whoever he's paired with? Not being a wise guy, serious question.
With his linemates lately, I cant blame him. Kap has been invisible when playing, eRod fell out of orbit and crash landed and everyone else rotated in has been meh. Puus had a good game but was turfed for Kap last game.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
At what point is it Geno and not whoever he's paired with? Not being a wise guy, serious question.

It's a legit question

But when given appropriate linemates, Geno has produced. Witness the Jake-Geno- Rust thing a couple seasons ago.

Like it or lump it, this franchise has always catered to it's generational C's. Crosby though tends to get first pick of the litter. Geno gets the runts- it's been that way for about 10 seasons now

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Little deceptive since the Canes take a ton of low percentage shots from the point. A lot of easy freezes for Jarry.
I'm more concerned about the high danger count being heavily in their favor. Definitely outplayed us. We backchecked super well though.
in my book this was our worst outing against Canes this season, yet we won, and lost previous two...all the games were similar (the second and third were pretty much the same). I am not worried about their defense shooting everything from everywhere, if we get guys that can actually score with a decent chance, we would win 4 out of 7 against these guys...and practice PP against highly agressive PK

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's a legit question

But when given appropriate linemates, Geno has produced. Witness the Jake-Geno- Rust thing a couple seasons ago.

Like it or lump it, this franchise has always catered to it's generational C's. Crosby though tends to get first pick of the litter. Geno gets the runts- it's been that way for about 10 seasons now
Its not about who gets what, its about having that 1, 2,3 punch...Geno got two first round pick trades on his flank (Zucker Kappy)...you should be able to build a dinamite line out of three first pick players...well that did not go well as planned...onto Plan B now..

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Its not about who gets what, its about having that 1, 2,3 punch...Geno got two first round pick trades on his flank (Zucker Kappy)...you should be able to build a dinamite line out of three first pick players...well that did not go well as planned...onto Plan B now..

Well yea it is about who gets what. It's obvious Crosby has been 1A

The coach has catered to him and by proxy has loaded up L1 at the expense of the rest of the lines

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
in my book this was our worst outing against Canes this season, yet we won, and lost previous two...all the games were similar (the second and third were pretty much the same). I am not worried about their defense shooting everything from everywhere, if we get guys that can actually score with a decent chance, we would win 4 out of 7 against these guys...and practice PP against highly agressive PK
HDCFs:

1st game: 14-12 Pens
2nd game: 16-14 Canes
3rd game: 16-8 Canes

We hung in there well for the first 2 games.
A standout to me is that in games 2 and 3 Carolina was coming in tired, and us rested. In game #1 both were tired.
Maybe it doesn't matter as much as we thought. Pens have handled 2nd of B2B's quite well this year.

I agree the PP is a massive swing factor in a potential series. They make zone entries harder than anyone in the league. Pens have been shooting themselves in the foot with shit passing even after getting entry. It's the #1 PK of course, but the Pens have shown they're better than that.
In fact the passing has been sub-standard in all 3 games, even on simple plays that have nothing to do with Carolina's pressure. I don't know if it's the stress of playing a top team or what, but they gotta figure it out.

I think Carolina's heavily favoured in a series, since every core area of their game is stronger on average. However when the Pens bring their best they overwhelm opponents by outworking them in the O-zone, with and without the puck. They can beat any opponent like that.
Expecting them to bring their A+ game for a majority of a series is a huge ask though. Not very realistic.

Would be a competitive series. I believe in Jarry this year and don't think that will be a problem again.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
HDCFs:

1st game: 14-12 Pens
2nd game: 16-14 Canes
3rd game: 16-8 Canes

We hung in there well for the first 2 games.
A standout to me is that in games 2 and 3 Carolina was coming in tired, and us rested. In game #1 both were tired.
Maybe it doesn't matter as much as we thought. Pens have handled 2nd of B2B's quite well this year.

I agree the PP is a massive swing factor in a potential series. They make zone entries harder than anyone in the league. Pens have been shooting themselves in the foot with shit passing even after getting entry. It's the #1 PK of course, but the Pens have shown they're better than that.
In fact the passing has been sub-standard in all 3 games, even on simple plays that have nothing to do with Carolina's pressure. I don't know if it's the stress of playing a top team or what, but they gotta figure it out.

I think Carolina's heavily favoured in a series, since every core area of their game is stronger on average. However when the Pens bring their best they overwhelm opponents by outworking them in the O-zone, with and without the puck. They can beat any opponent like that.
Expecting them to bring their A+ game for a majority of a series is a huge ask though. Not very realistic.

Would be a competitive series. I believe in Jarry this year and don't think that will be a problem again.

in Game 2, we were the tired one…we played them on a b2b at their place

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad