Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Early games

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I wouldn't have put Geno's line out there either at the end of the game. There is a pecking order for crucial defensive situations and Geno ain't high on it. He shouldn't even be upset about that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
from RW…basically what I’ve been saying…they’re not going to outplay Carolina consistently…so they need play like they did in 2017 and counterpunch…to be successful with that, you need a high shooting %…

“The win puts the Penguins in second place behind the Hurricanes still heading towards a likely matchup with the New York Rangers and Igor Shesterkin. While the goal scoring diversity the last two games have been nice, I still think it is imperative for the Penguins to acquire another gifted offensive player via trade. They need all the firepower they can get because despite taking the two points today Carolina, despite being on a back-to-back, dominated the flow of play. The Penguins were out-attempted at 5v5 64 to 24. There might not be a path for the Penguins to outplay a team like Carolina consistently, but good goaltending and players who can finish can be a way to fight back. The more skilled forwards the better.”

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't have put Geno's line out there either at the end of the game. There is a pecking order for crucial defensive situations and Geno ain't high on it. He shouldn't even be upset about that.
with "at the end of the game" being emphasized...we are talking about seven minutes, where other three lines went through 3-4 rotations...if you won't trust them for the last seven minutes of a game in the playoffs, than you have a big problem

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
With the defense healthy:

Matheson-Letang
Dumoulin-Marino
Pettersson-Friedman

This defense looks perfectly fine to me.

except they obviously have not tried Friedman on the right for a reason…as he says, he’s better at LD and more comfortable there…they obviously don’t see him as option at RD

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
with "at the end of the game" being emphasized...we are talking about seven minutes, where other three lines went through 3-4 rotations...if you won't trust them for the last seven minutes of a game in the playoffs, than you have a big problem

And yet none of the media apparently asked Sully why Geno was not out there…

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The silver lining about the Rangers/Shesterkin is I can't really remember many recent Vezina guys playing Vezina hockey in the playoffs. Vasi's probably the only guy. We've seen Bob implode. Holtby, Fleury, Rinne, etc.

I'm not saying I'm stoked about this impotent offense trying to crack the odds on favorite for the Vezina and (imo) a serious contender for the Hart, but I don't know that it's a deathknell that he's playing like he has been in the RS.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
For real though.. the angles they showed on TV were awful. Idk how they didn't have anything better.
I dont know about you, but I think I can see white between the puck and the red line...

1647206971800.png

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The silver lining about the Rangers/Shesterkin is I can't really remember many recent Vezina guys playing Vezina hockey in the playoffs. Vasi's probably the only guy. We've seen Bob implode. Holtby, Fleury, Rinne, etc.

I'm not saying I'm stoked about this impotent offense trying to crack the odds on favorite for the Vezina and (imo) a serious contender for the Hart, but I don't know that it's a deathknell that he's playing like he has been in the RS.

My concern against the Rags is that Panarin and Kreider are scary offensive players when they are in form, and definitely capable of picking us apart. We need a Geno line with some offensive bite to keep pace.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I haven't checked the reactions in any of the various threads, but I'm sure many of you guys were like me in thinking Puust should've gotten another game based on how he performed against VGK. Didn't exactly light the world on fire, but he was +2 with an assist and I thought showed some good offensive instincts in terms of making himself available for shots. I didn't notice him rag the puck at all though, not sure if that was a confidence thing or just no real chances in only 10 mins of ice time.

Cant believe I'm saying this but I think Sullivan knew what he was doing opting to play big Z over the 5'9" 22 year old against the #1 seed Carolina. That was an incredibly tight checking, PHYSICAL game and while Zohorna was mostly invisible, you gotta think that Puust would've been just as ineffective.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I haven't checked the reactions in any of the various threads, but I'm sure many of you guys were like me in thinking Puust should've gotten another game based on how he performed against VGK. Didn't exactly light the world on fire, but he was +2 with an assist and I thought showed some good offensive instincts in terms of making himself available for shots. I didn't notice him rag the puck at all though, not sure if that was a confidence thing or just no real chances in only 10 mins of ice time.

Cant believe I'm saying this but I think Sullivan knew what he was doing opting to play big Z over the 5'9" 22 year old against the #1 seed Carolina. That was an incredibly tight checking, PHYSICAL game and while Zohorna was mostly invisible, you gotta think that Puust would've been just as ineffective.
Honestly, I think it had more to do with left wing vs right wing in the wake of McGinn going out. If McGinn stays healthy, I think Puustinen gets another game.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
My concern against the Rags is that Panarin and Kreider are scary offensive players when they are in form, and definitely capable of picking us apart. We need a Geno line with some offensive bite to keep pace.
Yeah. Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, Fox--there are a lot of weapons on that team beyond the goalie with the spotlight on him.

The more depth scoring we can amass the better. Especially since our one functioning line all season has been the same line (collectively and individually) that's done jack shit come playoff time for the last several trips. Not stoked to put all our eggs in one basket again.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m happy Sully is finally making adjustments to the lineup. I’m not sure what took so long to do so, but at least he’s finally doing it, even if it’s 50 games too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad