Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Early games

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Things to celebrate: Letang-Math, Marino, Geno played pretty good, Boyle was outstanding

Things to kvetch about: PP1 zone entries

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Probably a top 3 team in the league, I’ll take the win. Once again less than 3 goals against. Pens almost a top 3 defense in the league.

Reactions: Still Apps

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
well we have a good goalie, thats a plus..
four attempted shots in the third, 2 on the goal (ES), luckily Canes were tired from the last night, otherwise we would not even have those 2..

othere than that nothing to complain about...

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Malkin's line didn't get a shift in the final seven minutes of the game (Rodrigues was out there for the very last faceoff with Boyle and Crosby with 12 seconds left).

It came after an extended shift.

Something to watch for with Geno.
yeah, zero trust in Geno, in the game when all the lines (other than 4th) were completely outshot and outskated,,,

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We're missing some key pieces ourselves. MP, McGinn and Zucker.

they got outshot 20-5 in the third period against a team playing on a b2b aand could only manage 2 goals against the Canes backup…our issues are still our issues…we’re going to have to bring another level of play,or play a different system, if we want to beat these guys in a 7 game series…

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
they got outshot 20-5 in the third period against a team playing on a b2b a d could only manage 2 goals against the Canes backup…our issues are still our issues…we’re going to have to bring another level or play a different system if we want to beat these guys in a 7 game series…
UH Yeah! No kidding. lol

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
he and ERod had the second most minutes in the game next to L1 forwards…not sure what you’re suggesting. He was out there while Carolina was dominating our zone in the last 5-6 minutes of the game and Jarry was continually holding onto pucks. ERod iced it and I remember he had to stay out there and he and ERod switched places so ERod would take the FO. Also Trocheck won a FO against Geno at 18:50 so he was out there
The Trocheck/Malkin faceoff was in the FIRST period. Not the third. Check again.

I'm not suggesting Malkin/Rodrigues/Heinen were bad. I'm suggesting Geno left the ice once in the game and went down to the locker room quickly. He also had a Cane fall on his legs behind the net midway through the game.

And he did not have a shift in the final seven minutes, which is eyebrow raising.

Reactions: vodeni

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
they got outshot 20-5 in the third period against a team playing on a b2b aand could only manage 2 goals against the Canes backup…our issues are still our issues…we’re going to have to bring another level or play a different system if we want to beat these guys in a 7 game series…

These guys are pros, they brought their best. If they were all 35 year olds than ya a B2B might be a different story. I wouldn't jump on that B2B excuse too much.

Young team with legs that just kept coming

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
he and ERod had the second most minutes in the game next to L1 forwards…not sure what you’re suggesting. He was out there while Carolina was dominating our zone in the last 5-6 minutes of the game and Jarry was continually holding onto pucks. ERod iced it and I remember he had to stay out there and he and ERod switched places so ERod would take the FO. Also Trocheck won a FO against Geno at 18:50 so he was out there
1647202938564.png

each line, 1st, 4th and 3rd had at least 3 shifts while the second line never got back on ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad