Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Isles Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
The Isles are gonna come out absolutely BUZZING tonight. I expect the crowd on Long Island to be completely bananas as well. Pens need to be ready for more tenacious Isles forecheck than ever before. Just gotta keep building on what we brought last game and hope that Vokoun can stand tall once again. Also gotta get to Nabokov EARLY.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
My wife graduates college today, then is dragging me to a bonfire her classmate is having tonight. Is there any way to watch the game on my Droid or Ipad? If not, I may just throw myself into the fire.

:laugh: You poor bahstid...

Leave her at the bonfire; tell her you've got to find a nice clean restroom. Find it in the nearest bar. Or just feign sickness. Or just tell her it's the Stanley Cup. Doesn't sound like you've been married long enough.

...I like the way Al thinks. You have to get creative on this. Pay attention to snacks and drinks. Maybe at some point you notice.. "Hey honey these guys are running low on ______. Everyone's having such a good time; I'm going to run to the store for a bit so [the hosts] don't have to bother. I think there's a Walmart fairly close. I'll be back in a little while." If you're really devious you'll poor out some of the rum or whatever people are drinking when no one is looking. :laugh:

Meantime, you find the nearest sports bar, watch as much as you can, then go to the nearest convenience store, pay cash for some drinks or cheese doodles, return to bon fire at least having seen something. OR, if you really have balls, you find the hidden TV in one of their bedrooms, and sneak in there for five minutes at a time after bathtroom breaks.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Meh.

Unless she watches the game with you and then takes you to a strip bar after and buys you a lap dance why did you marry her?

Kids today.

As an aside, anyone else realize that if there is a game 7 it will interfere with mother's day dinners? I have tickets so may be missing mine.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
iginla.gif

When I saw that happen after Crosby got shoved from behind head first into the boards I literally jumped out of my seat going OoOoOOoOoOOOOOO!

Don't mess with Iggy's teammates :yo:

Oh, do you have a .gif of that guys reaction after? It's so priceless.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
The Isles are gonna come out hard, we need to not get caught by surprise. This building is going to be loud as ****, we need to keep our concentration tonight and play our game

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
We have to just match that intensity to start as much as we can and start working our own version of wearing down thier D with our new lines.

Easiest thing to do is make sure your backchecking hard and not giving them the easy blue line entries. Force them to dump the puck and count on Voukon to put the puck in good spots for easier outs.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
We have to just match that intensity to start as much as we can and start working our own version of wearing down thier D with our new lines.

Easiest thing to do is make sure your backchecking hard and not giving them the easy blue line entries. Force them to dump the puck and count on Voukon to put the puck in good spots for easier outs.

I hope the intensity they play with doesn't affect Geno and Tanger into retaliatory penalties. Those will kill us tonight and I am sure if I was the Isles, I would be going hard after those two from the get go.

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
As much as I try to distance myself emotionally from this team in the playoffs, I can't. I'm so excited for tonight! I love how Root plays the whole opening video and "In this room. They can hear you" thing. I literally get tears of excitement from that.... Manly tears of course....

I get the feeling this will be Dupuis's night.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think so. I think it was Kunitz - Sid - Dupuis that he couldn't convince himself to break up.

Yep.
Didn't help that Sid was out for a month either BUT it was painfully evident the line and personel changes were needed after game 3. We were terrible 5on5 in games 2 and 3.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I still want jussi in the lineup, but I guess I can't have everything I want.

Sid + Iggy will be fire tonight. One timers for Iggy. Give and go's for sid.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal was part of my plan all along.... yyyyah. Playoff strategy! That's the ticket... I got the idea from mmm... my wife... Morgan Fairchild...

romney-lovitz.jpg

...WHOM I've seen naked!

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
I know his primary responsibility is now goal-scorer:sarcasm:, but Murray along with Orpik, Morrow, and Iginla need to hit Tavares twice and twice as hard for every time they hit Crosby tonight.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Meh.

Unless she watches the game with you and then takes you to a strip bar after and buys you a lap dance why did you marry her?

Kids today.

As an aside, anyone else realize that if there is a game 7 it will interfere with mother's day dinners? I have tickets so may be missing mine.

I took my wife and kids to celebrate Mother's Day last night. ;)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't know... this seems like damage control to me. If it was his plan all along, then why wait until game 5?

Because Crosby was his best, most consistent player, and he wanted him as comfortable as possible coming into the playoffs cold. If you think DB gives two craps about "damage control" anytime, let alone in a series where he's up 3-2, you're mistaken.

I'm as glad as anyone that the top 6 is configured as it is now, but let's not pretend there wasn't logic behind prior moves, even if we don't agree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad