Pre-Game Talk: Pens vs. Isles Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
My wife graduates college today, then is dragging me to a bonfire her classmate is having tonight. Is there any way to watch the game on my Droid or Ipad? If not, I may just throw myself into the fire.

Leave her at the bonfire; tell her you've got to find a nice clean restroom. Find it in the nearest bar. Or just feign sickness. Or just tell her it's the Stanley Cup. Doesn't sound like you've been married long enough.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
iginla.gif

Standing up for his Captain. :D

Fleury in and Jussi in for Adams then Pens are ready to contend

Both no goes. Adams is needed on the PK.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
with nabby playing, if we give up no more than 3 goals we will win

SomboStevo

Apr 7, 2013
Pawleys Island, SC
Vokoun is really the key. I don't see us really giving up more than 2 this game, and with Nabby giving up all he has been giving up, 2 won't be enough for the Isles to win.

Also, everyone has mentioned the GAA AND SV% and record Vokoun has against the Isles. How about the current 142:42 and counting shutout streak against the Isles for him? Wow!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This will be a weird post... but I don't like the way Iggy throws hits. :laugh: He does that like old school throw your upper body and twist from the hips thing. He's so strong that it works. I'd rather him just truck through.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Vokoun is really the key. I don't see us really giving up more than 2 this game, and with Nabby giving up all he has been giving up, 2 won't be enough for the Isles to win.

Also, everyone has mentioned the GAA AND SV% and record Vokoun has against the Isles. How about the current 142:42 and counting shutout streak against the Isles for him? Wow!

He's been a beast against the Isles. It continues tonight:yo:

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, then you missed the nervous/tentativeness. Hopefully they come out solid tomorrow but don't forget to play D

I think that had more to do with the air of not knowing how Vokoun would play. If you saw those two saves he made in the first period that looked identical to the shots that Okposo and Cizikas took behind the goal line, the Pens looked energized after that with an established confidence.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
My wife graduates college today, then is dragging me to a bonfire her classmate is having tonight. Is there any way to watch the game on my Droid or Ipad? If not, I may just throw myself into the fire.

You're better off not watching. You'll be able to see the team tomorrow night if you really want to gouge your eyes out.

This will be a weird post... but I don't like the way Iggy throws hits. :laugh: He does that like old school throw your upper body and twist from the hips thing. He's so strong that it works. I'd rather him just truck through.

You know what it is? He's not that physical anymore, but he's desperately trying to be for his new team, so he's doing things like that, and it looks odd. But that's okay, because he's Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012

Never mention numbers like this before a game. It's bad luck. :scared:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Yes, If pens would of had solid goal tending this series, we would of already had 5 wins this series.

I wonder who Isles will put there top def pair against, If i was Capuano, i would look at the Malkin line as the pens #1 line.

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010

Well you can do one of two things. You can get a DVR and record the game, keep your phone off so no one updates you that way and watch the game commercial free when you get home. Or give her half of your stuff.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Morning skate lines:

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
(Glass-Jokinen-Bennett)

Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
(Eaton-Engelland)

Ex: Bortuzzo, Jeffrey

Duck Paddy

May 4, 2010
Morning skate lines:

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
(Glass-Jokinen-Bennett)

Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
(Eaton-Engelland)

DB is actually going to keep those top 2 lines?! Pigs are flying and hell is freezing as we speak.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Morning skate lines:

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
(Glass-Jokinen-Bennett)

Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
(Eaton-Engelland)

Other than wanting more speed on the 3rd line, that line-up should hold the critics at bay, haha.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Other than wanting more speed on the 3rd line, that line-up should hold the critics at bay, haha.

I'll give DB credit where credit is due. He saw that 3rd line struggling and switched TK with Morrow. I'd imagine they'll switch spots again.

In a series against the Rangers or Bruins, Morrow will be a bigger factor. But with the Isles speed, he's rendered pretty useless unless he's starting in the offensive zone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm excited. I have an entirely new confidence now that Fleury's been benched the last two games.

I expect this team to come out and score a quick goal to quiet the crowd. Look for Sid and Iggy to be huge tonight. Just got a feeling about it.

Pens win 5-3.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Any word about Nielsen? I heard he's game time decision. If he can't play tonite, this will be big blow to Islanders.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3992898-74/malkin-kunitz-center#axzz2SzWSkONF
Evgeni Malkin felt good going into Game 5.

“Really good,” he said.

There was a reason.

Malkin knew that at some point during the pivotal contest of a closely contested Eastern Conference quarterfinal series between the Penguins and New York Islanders that he and regular right winger James Neal would be reunited with their best buddy.

That would be Chris Kunitz, the left winger with whom every MVP center on the Penguins really wants to play.

Late in the first period Thursday night at Consol Energy Center, coach Dan Bylsma finally unleashed the lines that he had wanted to try out late in the regular season.

Kunitz went to work with Malkin and Neal, and Pascal Dupuis moved from right to left wing so center Sidney Crosby could play with Jarome Iginla.

This was Bylsma's plan all along for these men: three former scoring champions (Crosby, Malkin, Iginla), two (Kunitz, Neal) who have finished as top-10 scorers and the other guy (Dupuis) coming off consecutive 20-goal campaigns.

I don't know... this seems like damage control to me. If it was his plan all along, then why wait until game 5?

And this is how much Kunitz means to Malkin:
Malkin has said his ailing left shoulder has weakened his usually powerful shot, so the placement of Kunitz on his left wing is doubly beneficial for the Penguins.

It boosts Malkin's confidence, which despite his stature can occasionally wane. Also, Kunitz creates space, Malkin said.

That space provides Malkin an extra half-second, which is often all he needs to draw a goalie into overcommitting or a defenseman away from Neal, who has mastered the off-angle shot from the opposite wing.

Neal attempted eight shots in Game 5.

Malkin attempted seven, won six of 11 faceoffs and recorded an assist — all in about 15 minutes.

It was his most efficient performance of the playoffs, perhaps his most complete.

It was no coincidence that Kunitz was his left-hand man.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Please. We all know you had a hard on for Iggy/Malkin/Neal, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad