Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Flyers | win | Won it for Letang, Geno took dumb penalties in honor of Letang

Letang

• Overrated

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Underrated

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Rated properly

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens almost manage to blow yet another big lead going into the third period. It's uncanny how often this team struggles to lock down games they're in clear control of (on the scoreboard).

Also, what's with Sullivan not having Rakell out there with the EN? Dude has 2 goals and didn't see the ice for either EN opportunities. But Jeff f***ing Carter finds himself out there every other shift.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's so hard to see vs only a couple years ago when it always felt like the team was never out of a game.

I mean we are top three in comebacks in the third too this year.

Pens almost manage to blow yet another big lead going into the third period. It's uncanny how often this team struggles to lock down games they're in clear control of (on the scoreboard).

Also, what's with Sullivan not having Rakell out there with the EN? Dude has 2 goals and didn't see the ice for either EN opportunities. But Jeff f***ing Carter finds himself out there every other shift.

1680489407128.jpeg

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Capitals looking around perplexed when they hear comments from STHs to the effect that Malkin doesn’t score big goals when it matters…

He’s been on the ice for more big goals against.

Mix that goal with baking soda and fire it up in your lungs I guess. Whatever gets you to wherever you need to be.

You defend better than him that’s for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Cape and Zbynek

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Also, what's with Sullivan not having Rakell out there with the EN?
When it was a 2 goal lead I'm totally down. I think his defensive play has been poor for a good stretch now though, and I wouldn't have him on the ice with the season on the line at the death when it was 3-2. Granlund's played well defensively so I'm glad he was out there. It paid off.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When it was a 2 goal lead I'm totally down. I think his defensive play has been poor for a good stretch now though, and I wouldn't have him on the ice with the season on the line at the death when it was 3-2. Granlund's played well defensively so I'm glad he was out there. It paid off.
Uh why is Carter out there if we're worried about defensive performance? There was no D-zone faceoff, everything was on the fly. Why is Carter getting multiple EN shifts and Rakell gets none?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Imagine #17 taking 4 penalties. Or #77. Or #8. Or #2.

We’d have to come up with similar excuses and deflection posts too huh?

• Haha
Reactions: Zbynek

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
It doesn’t score big goals when it matters. Blanket yourself in whatever stat that makes you feel warm.

This place doesn’t understand winning. I feel like the analysis here has been based solely on the play of the stars and now they’re aging out and people are having a hard time understanding.
Didn't it score goals in a must win game?

Imagine any of those players having 80 pts in 77 games.
That's about all you could do is imagine.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Imagine any of those players having 80 pts in 77 games.
Ppg alert! Is it point per game or penalty per game alert at this point?

Fantasy hockey culture for the loss! Yet again.

I think you’re confused with the factors that comprise winning. Probably why you question the coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: Zbynek

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Ppg alert! Is it point per game or penalty per game alert at this point?

Fantasy hockey culture for the loss! Yet again.

I think you’re confused with the factors that comprise winning. Probably why you question the coaching.

PPG alert? What are you talking about?

Malkin has 80 pts in 77 games. That’s not PPG, that’s reality.

View attachment 680955

Enjoy your factors that comprise winning

It’s absurd Granlund has 30 assists while putting up basically nothing here.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Back in China. Seems I missed a penalty bonanza from Geno! What triggered the misconduct?

...and is it just me or does Bryan Rust have 3 goals in his last two? It certainly wouldn't be the worst time for him to remember how to play. Albeit a little late in the game with playoff chances being rather rocky still.
NJ and Minnesota up... could easily be 0 points and then we really need help elsewhere even if the last three on paper whould be very winnable.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Back in China. Seems I missed a penalty bonanza from Geno! What triggered the misconduct?

...and is it just me or does Bryan Rust have 3 goals in his last two? It certainly wouldn't be the worst time for him to remember how to play. Albeit a little late in the game with playoff chances being rather rocky still.
NJ and Minnesota up... could easily be 0 points and then we really need help elsewhere even if the last three on paper whould be very winnable.

Malkin got called for three straight high sticks. Then he got high sticked and it didn't get called so he was barking on the bench.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
As bleh as I feel about this season. I'd find some joy if both us and the Panthers leap over the Isles...

That'd be neat.
That would be a surprisingly nice end to a season that isnt really going anywhere. A small victory if you will.

If it somehow manages to finish 7. Pens 8. Panthers 9. Isles, that could be mildly interesting. Maybe we get a shot at winning one or two games (v. Carolina) as opposed to none. But having the Panthers face the Bruins in the first round might produce some fireworks.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I'm still high on POJ long-term, but he's hit a rookie wall.

Ruhwedel should be first out of the lineup when an injured defenseman returns, but POJ should be second out. Keep Friedman in until they're fully healthy.

What toolset does POJ have that makes you high on him long term?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

t6a7CPD.png

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad