Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Flyers | win | Won it for Letang, Geno took dumb penalties in honor of Letang

Letang

• Overrated

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Underrated

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Rated properly

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
We swept the following....
Tampa
Columbus* with a W in game 82
Philadelphia
Arizona
Chicago* with a W in game 81
Colorado
Minnesota* with a W on Thursday
Nashville
St Louis
Anaheim

We got swept by the following....
Boston
Montreal
Carolina
Detroit* with an L in game 80
New Jersey* with an L on Tuesday
New York Islanders
Edmonton
Seattle

Nothing makes me more happy than sweeping the Flyers, no matter the record of each team:cheers:

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
I don't blame Geno one bit.

When an NHL ref has decided that you are getting tossed, it is going to happen.

There is 0 chance there is no malice behind tossing a guy after missing a blatant penalty after calling 3 on him in 1 period.

All year, officials let blatant penalties on Sid and Geno go and both have been tossed from a game for having the audacity to be frustrated.
The ref clearly had his feelings hurt. The reffing was a joke and I honestly love that Geno mouthed off to him. f*** the refs and their braindead calls.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
lol Madden is hilarious...he always sucks up to Sully on press confenece with question, tonight he asked about Geno...first time ever...some of these guys just weird hate

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Atleast it's not just Panthers or Pens now. If the Isles keep losing then that greatly increases the Pens odds.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
lol Madden is hilarious...he always sucks up to Sully on press confenece with question, tonight he asked about Geno...first time ever...some of these guys just weird hate
How anyone listens to the Pittsburgh media and can't see their clear bias is insane. Sports "Journalism" in this town is a joke.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
He’s been bad but so has Petry…that pair has been awful since put together

POJ-Letang was a disaster. POJ-Petry is even worse.

It's clear what the common element is. Being a rookie d-man, albeit one with nearly 100 NHL games by now, is a tough task however he still doesn't think the game fast enough in his own end to be anything but a liability and is even more panic-prone than ever lately.

Promote Friedman to play with Petry, and let's stop dragging down either of our 2 best d-men -- with all due respect for Dumoulin's recent rise from the dead, our best are still #58 and #26. We already know the 3rd pair is going to suck, so salvage the top 2 pairs and play the 3rd one 10 minutes a night.

Fact is until we get healthier on the blue line -- actually until we get *completely* healthy back there -- we're stuck with a weak, panicky turnstile in the lineup. Friedman will be the first to be scratched (or sent back to WBS), Ruhwedel will be next to hit the press box, so it's not until ALL of Rutta, Pettersson and Kulikov come back that POJ finally gets benched. And maybe not even then.

If the Pens make the playoffs this is going to be exploited in a big way.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
POJ - Petry push play and get us out of our zone quickly.

They are having issues defensively, but I’d much rather see that than have like Kulikov or Dumo with Petry.

If we are going to play Sullivan’s stupid ass system build it around players that make it work like POJ and Petry.

Petry reminds me so much of Daley. No clue why people are all over him this year.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

You don’t think 4 penalties and a ejection in a must win game is something to talk about?

Favorite player message board. Malkin has done nothing to thwart the haters.

Power play sucks. That’s on him. Zuckers hard work has made him look good in the ozone. Plus minus tells the defensive story.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Amongst the 130 defensemen that have played 1200+ minutes at all strengths this year. Petry is 41st in points per 60. 43rd out of 152 at 5v5.

He and John Marino are both even (50%) in terms of GF% at 5v5. He's 33rd out of 152 in terms of xGF% at 5v5.

In terms of point production he's 63rd in the league while playing only 56 games.

I really don't understand what people were expecting from him.

Seems like the same crowd that used to bury Letang.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You don’t think 4 penalties and a ejection in a must win game is something to talk about?

Favorite player message board. Malkin has done nothing to thwart the haters.

Power play sucks. That’s on him. Zuckers hard work has made him look good in the ozone. Plus minus tells the defensive story.
The PP has been trending upward for a while. It's 13th. It used to be 29th. Gotta watch the games instead of making chronic Malkin posts.
Malkin has 9 PPP's more than 2nd best. Coulda used more help from his friends on that unit this year tbh.

Last edited:

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
The PP has trending upward for a while. It's 13th. It used to be 29th. Gotta watch the games instead of making chronic Malkin posts.
Malkin has 9 PPP's more than 2nd best. Coulda used more help from his friends on that unit this year tbh.

It doesn’t score big goals when it matters. Blanket yourself in whatever stat that makes you feel warm.

This place doesn’t understand winning. I feel like the analysis here has been based solely on the play of the stars and now they’re aging out and people are having a hard time understanding.

• Haha
Reactions: Zbynek

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Capitals looking around perplexed when they hear comments from STHs to the effect that Malkin doesn’t score big goals when it matters…

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It doesn’t score big goals when it matters. Blanket yourself in whatever stat that makes you feel warm.

This place doesn’t understand winning. I feel like the analysis here has been based solely on the play of the stars and now they’re aging out and people are having a hard time understanding.
Yeah no big goals. We only got that empty netter situation today because the PP converted, with the season in the balance.
Edged out Washington by 1 goal recently thanks to Guentzel's PPG.

But OK Ronald. Sorry for not understanding winning. Maybe you can hold some seminars in the off-season or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad