Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Stretch run to the playoffs "So it begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
A better defense doesn't help goaltending at all. A better bottom six wouldn't have helped at all.

Last I checked Hextall is also in charge of coaching and goaltending, too. So.. your shielding of him to boost your Sullivan-hate crusade undercuts your own narrative.

Shielding? Hextall stinks.

Matheson and Marino aren't changing anything here. It's just pure idiocy how much people go back to that well.

You know what helped Marino? Having Dougie Hamilton and Siegenthaler in front of him and Graves next to him instead of 35+ year old Letang playing 28 minutes and Brian Dumoulin.

You know why Matheson looks "good"? He's getting every good shift on a bad team.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I just saw how good of a season Matheson is having. Damn I’m really glad we have Petry until he’s 38.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Shielding? Hextall stinks.

Matheson and Marino aren't changing anything here. It's just pure idiocy how much people go back to that well.

You know what helped Marino? Having Dougie Hamilton and Siegenthaler in front of him and Graves next to him instead of 35+ year old Letang playing 28 minutes and Brian Dumoulin.

You know why Matheson looks "good"? He's getting every good shift on a bad team.
My main issue with trading them is it turned us into a very slow team on the backend (apart from POJ/Letang) and I dunno if that was wise. Petry worked out ok, and so did Rutta, but we sure did look slow on the backend on many nights. And up front for that matter.

I think the d we have though can work fine if we can get better up front.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just saw how good of a season Matheson is having. Damn I’m really glad we have Petry until he’s 38.

Yeah he won the xGF battle for three years straight just like us!

My main issue with trading them is it turned us into a very slow team on the backend (apart from POJ/Letang) and I dunno if that was wise. Petry worked out ok, and so did Rutta, but we sure did look slow on the backend on many nights. And up front for that matter.

I think the d we have though can work fine if we can get better up front.

You know who was slow. Brian Dumoulin.

Petry and Rutta were fine. The issue was Dumo and Letang.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah he won the xGF battle for three years straight just like us!

You know who was slow. Brian Dumoulin.

Petry and Rutta were fine. The issue was Dumo and Letang.
You know what would be nice? Having another dman with actual offensive skills on Kris's other side for once. So many times it's Dumo who has the wide open look 25 feet from the net. Put someone who isn't completely offensively inept in his spot and we likely have 10 more goals on the season.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How about besides picking up Dubas, we also hit Toronto up for Matthews? How about we trade them one of our guys due a contract extension in Jake for one of their guys due a contract extension Lol?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You know what would be nice? Having another dman with actual offensive skills on Kris's other side for once. So many times it's Dumo who has the wide open look 25 feet from the net. Put someone who isn't completely offensively inept in his spot and we likely have 10 more goals on the season.

I am questioning if it's the coaching decisions. Petry's goalscoring fell off this year.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Think all our UFA's should be let go. We should take flyers on some young players who may or may not come good but offer potential capital going forward

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Anyways. A Calgary fan said they'd do our 1st, Ty Smith and Ruhwedel for Markstrom and Hanifin.

if you buy out Granlund that gives you essentially 14 million to fill out this roster.

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
X - Malkin - Rakell
X - X - X
X - X - Carter

Hanifin - Letang
Pettersson - Petry
POJ - Rutta
Friedman

Markstrom
Desmith

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Anyways. A Calgary fan said they'd do our 1st, Ty Smith and Ruhwedel for Markstrom and Hanifin.
Oh man, Id be pretty happy with a trade like that. A bit concerned about Markstrom this year though. Not sure how much it was the team sucking or him.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
yes, if only we would've kept Matheson and Marino and McCann we could've won infinite playoff series like we did when they were here.
Stop defending Hextall. It’s weird. When someone calls you on it, you act like you aren’t defending him.

It’s like you forgot that you were Matheson’s biggest fan last year. If the next GM trades Petry, I assume you will turn on him too?

Pixie in 2023-2024 if Petry is traded:
“We didn’t even make the playoffs with that bozo.”

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm not sure what you mean, but you just like drunkenly ramble about Hextall being sleepy like a Neo con so no shock there.
It seems I was right about sleepy. The guy is a moron I didn’t need to wait two + years to see it. I didn’t fall for aT LEasT HeS Not JR nonsense.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I am questioning if it's the coaching decisions. Petry's goalscoring fell off this year.
He scored at pretty much the same rate he did last year.

Not getting consistent #1 pp time probably didn't help improve his numbers any though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad