Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not surprising. It always seems like a gargantuan effort for this team to

A) get clean possession in the offensive zone and

B) actually work the puck back to the point for a clean point shot

It's hilarious that we are going to run this back with Sullivan.

And by hilarious I mean absolutely pathetic.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
If you shout about everything being wrong you will always eventually be right in sports.

You're a fool when its comes to this team. Good luck man.
Broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

I don't know who you are referring to as I have them on ignore but it sounds exhausting

I can't wait to watch all the same issues again next year! Who is going to be brought into the bottom 6 and have their production destroyed next?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

We all knew this was the outcome. They weren't gonna fire a guy they just extended. He'll get another chance.

Best we can hope for as fans is they bring in players that he can work with and/or that he learns some humility and actually reflects on what he can do better going into next season.

But uh not super optimistic about that last point given the lineup he's trotting out for game 82 :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hasn’t Petry scored more than 32 points in a season in something like 4 of his 14 seasons? I think people had unrealistic expectations for a 35 year old, past his prime player.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hasn’t Petry scored more than 32 points in a season in something like 4 of his 14 seasons? I think people had unrealistic expectations for a 35 year old, past his prime player.

Petry was great this year. Sorry you need to just say sleepy and complain about everything because your family won't speak with you anymore.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Petry was great this year. Sorry you need to just say sleepy and complain about everything because your family won't speak with you anymore.
I think he was okay. Not horrible, but certainly not great. If there is someone incapable of being non biased when it comes to Jeff friggin Petry, it’s you.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
Mix up the lines you freaking knob, let someone who never played with Malkin or Crosby play on a line with a HOF center

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

I don't know who you are referring to as I have them on ignore but it sounds exhausting

I can't wait to watch all the same issues again next year! Who is going to be brought into the bottom 6 and have their production destroyed next?

We can't seem to score on our "chances", we don't get rushes, our PP looks aimless, our PK is passive and lame, the only lineup changes are Rust for Rakell.... ugh....

BTW yearly reminder for those that need it - watch a game with an actual top offensive team and see how many grade A chances they get. It takes 3-4 absolute gimmes most nights to get 1-2 goals. Even McDavid scores on maybe 1/3 of his glorious chances.
Getting a rushed shot off somewhere near the slot in traffic is very different to getting a clear 2 on 1. We haven't really outchanced teams for the last 5 years, we've just outshot them.

In 2016, we were getting grade A+ chances on almost every single shift all night, every game and we still didn't win every time. We've been traumatised into thinking that we're really getting a lot of scoring chances when our stupid system requires huge effort just to get a half chance. Actual good coaches set up systems where bottom 6 guys are also getting offensive rushes and grade A+ chances because they play aggressive in simple systems and force their opponents to make dangerous plays with the puck. We haven't done that systematically in 5 years and that is the number one reason why we're always "unlucky" analytically and why everyone that leaves suddenly finds their scoring touch.

Last edited:

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Guentzel had a truly pathetic season all things considered. Of his 35 goals, 7 were with an empty net and 10 were on the power play. He had that stretch of 26 games without a 5 v 5 goal. Imagine during the heart of that stretch if he scores 2 of 3 at even strength. Do the Penguins have 2-3 more points as a team? Your highest paid and #1 winger who gets a ton of power play time and missed less than a handful of games should not be struggling to break the top 30 in scoring in the league with Sidney Crosby as his center. Guentzel at no point asked for the keys from the passenger seat. They should change the Jake Shake to the Jake Float!!

This is something Rossi is actually being truthful about. He's actually admitting that no one tells him anything.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Sullivan is fired this summer, I'll let @BlindWillyMcHurt pick my new username.

Dude's not going anywhere. Ownership would have to pull a complete 180 in their opinion of the guy, and they'd have to be fine potentially eating the like $25+ million he's owed through 2027. Don't think that's realistic with no playoff cash this season, possibly not for a very long time, and attendance ready to plummet in a couple years at the latest when Sid retires.

As for the roster, I hope they just f***ing let everyone walk, but I got a gut feeling they keep at least one, maybe all three of Jarry, Dumo and Zucker.

Even more frustrating considering they should have been traded at the deadline...
Don't say it too loud, people will think you're *crazy*. :laugh:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If Sullivan is fired this summer, I'll let @BlindWillyMcHurt pick my new username.

Dude's not going anywhere. Ownership would have to pull a complete 180 in their opinion of the guy, and they'd have to be fine potentially eating the like $25+ million he's owed through 2027. Don't think that's realistic with no playoff cash this season, possibly not for a very long time, and attendance ready to plummet in a couple years at the latest when Sid retires.

As for the roster, I hope they just f***ing let everyone walk, but I got a gut feeling they keep at least one, maybe all three of Jarry, Dumo and Zucker.

Don't say it too loud, people will think you're *crazy*. :laugh:
I know trust me lol

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

YARN | What the hell are you talking about? | The Truman Show (1998) |  Video gifs by quotes | 38f0cdca | 紗

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille