Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Stretch run to the playoffs "So it begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
What teams are going to part with their starter knowing the UFA G market is trash?

I mean I can fantasize about a Granlund for Gibson swap....
Some of those teams have young goalies ready to take over the net. Ducks have Dostal, Preds have Askarov.

Jarry made an excuse for his performance the first chance he could.
If he was actually riddled with injuries like he says, why did he play a meaningless game last night? He’s just trying to save some face for sucking and now being a UFA.

Good riddance.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I actually think Zucker on a good deal would be a good thing going into next year. Good deal means something around 3.0-3.5. I think thats just good value for the player he is. At full market value I'd rather have fresh blood.
Zucker-Granlund-X could be a pretty nice 3rd line if they dont have 85% dzone starts

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Any chance we can ger Markstrom out of Calgary with some cap retained? He was basically the reason they missed the POs this year and they have that Wolf kid coming up. Might be a great buy-low option.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I actually think Zucker on a good deal would be a good thing going into next year. Good deal means something around 3.0-3.5. I think thats just good value for the player he is. At full market value I'd rather have fresh blood.
Zucker-Granlund-X could be a pretty nice 3rd line if they dont have 85% dzone starts
At what point do you attempt to make any changes? Everyone that is so excited about Zucker should remember his availability before his contract year. Having said that, I didn't see one hard physical Pens game this year. So maybe we have entered an era of a no hit league and all of the players will be mostly healthy barring an odd fall.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Any chance we can ger Markstrom out of Calgary with some cap retained? He was basically the reason they missed the POs this year and they have that Wolf kid coming up. Might be a great buy-low option.

Certainly looks possible. I wonder if they'll try and keep Wolf as the #3 for one more year but get him more NHL time next season. They've got Vladar signed for 2 more years so you'd think something has to give.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
So my perception is that our number one need is goalie and that won’t be solved through Free Agency.

There are some guys like Sundqvist that might be a second, third week of July I would like to fill out the 4th & 3rd lines. Just don’t overspend on a McGinn when you can probably get someone for half the money and get the same impact.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Why are we signing any FA's? Why aren't we trading every vet with a contract that is movable and sucking for a couple years -- maybe getting to contention when Crosby can be a 3rd liner in two or three years?

This team blows. Overpaid, undersized, and washed up.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What's the max (term and cap hit) you all would sign Zucker for?

He's the one UFA I'd contemplate bringing back.
One year, $4 mill. You gotta move on from Zucker. It’s almost a guarantee he will fall off a cliff next season when he’s not playing for a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad