Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Feb 26th, the deadline day warmup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

If by "smart" you mean "snorting cocaine", then yes.

Yea... it's going to be interesting to see how Tampa manages going forward since they have overpaid for everything be it trade or contract for a couple years now. Worth it if they win again of course.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Wow thats a lot, I love the player and he's a house to play against but that's a nice haul from the Preds

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yea my point was about Pouliot and not the fact that the Pens have only ever had one 1st round pick make a meaningful difference on the team - Maatta.

It's not illogical. There's little difference from where the Pens usually draft to the 2nd round in terms of odds of becoming an impact player.

Well technically they had Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury and Whitney make a substantial difference.

Teams covet our future firsts because they think we'll be in Top 5-Top 10 draft position range again. They are most likely right. Our 2025 1st has way more value than our 2023 1st.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
They would be lying 4 straight 1st round exits and struggling to get the last WC only to get knocked out again in round 1.
Last year taking a cup fav in the 1st round to game 7.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Ask any NHL player that's been there.

Obviously looking pretty bleak right now with the East just loading up but got to get there to make it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This is why you can’t fix a team at the deadline, and why you can’t f*** up an entire off season like Hextall last summer.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Yea... it's going to be interesting to see how Tampa manages going forward since they have overpaid for everything be it trade or contract for a couple years now. Worth it if they win again of course.
I don't think they care and will address it when they get there.

Something we should be doing.

I'm not saying throw out 5 picks for the OX because we need more but we should definitely be looking to improve this roster and add some good players even if it involves the 1st.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tampa makes three straight SCF acquiring players like Jeannot and the analytics guy who is never right in JFresh says it’s crazy

Who has more proof here?
Once again, Coleman and Hagel were on another level than Jeannot. ESPECIALLY Coleman when acquired. Tampa's GM can afford to do this because he inherited an elite core from Yzerman so he can use all the picks in the world to build around it. Most teams don't/can't operate like that so it's an overpay to pretty much everybody else. And probably Tampa.

Reactions: Andy99

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yea my point was about Pouliot and not the fact that the Pens have only ever had one 1st round pick make a meaningful difference on the team - Maatta.

It's not illogical. There's little difference from where the Pens usually draft to the 2nd round in terms of odds of becoming an impact player.

Dude.. Just stop. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You could make those 5 picks be all 5th rounders and I'd still say "you shouldn't be trading that many lottery ticket picks for a 3rd liner". But a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th? Good Christ. And then you're also adding Foote on top of it?

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad