Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Feb 26th, the deadline day warmup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There’s no prospect close to Zetterlund in our system let alone Mukha.

Production isn’t everything. This team needs to focus on getting pain in the ass players in their bottom six. Everyone in the division / conference has them but us and Toronto.
Oh he would be a godsend to the bottom six. I just don't know about paying two firsts for anybody in the bottom six no matter how good at bottom sixing they are,

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Jeannot would be an ideal get tbh

I really like Jeannot but you'd have to be crazy to trade 2 1sts for him. Hell, even just 1 1st for him would make me pretty uneasy.
I would cringe at a 1st and a small-ish prospect/roster body, but I would do it. I think he would be great for their bottom 6.

But two 1sts? I don't think I would even consider countering that. I would walk away from the table.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I really like Jeannot but you'd have to be crazy to trade 2 1sts for him. Hell, even just 1 1st for him would make me pretty uneasy.

That’s what everyone said about Hagel and now he is on a 60+ pace.

Tampa is the best managed team in the league.

They’ve acquired players I’ve argued in 3 of 4 of the last deadlines in Coleman, Paul and now hypothetically Jeannot.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Teddy would fetch a 4th Denton a 4th and arch a 7. Add 2nd from Dumo.

Have you seen any trades recently where a team paid a 4th for a bottom 6 player having a poor season?
What is the point in trading Archie for a 7th when you can just waive him/bury him if you want to try someone else? If any such contract dumping happens, it happens right at the deadline.

And Dumo, well, if you look out of it, sure, you go that way. But everyone knows we are not going to deal an alternate captain who plays heavy minutes for us when we are in the thick of the playoff hunt, and currently in. No team would. If we deal any players who matter to us now, it is as part of something bigger.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
They earned the right to ho out together with multiple cups. They also have traded way to many picks to get knocked out in round 1 the last 4 years
You think those guys signed because they want to "ho out together". Hell no those guys are competitive and they want to win.

If it was just about going out together they would have been done by now.

I can assure you those guys didn't sign because they just want to ride off in the wind together

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

They’ve acquired players I’ve argued in 3 of 4 of the last deadlines in Coleman, Paul and now hypothetically Jeannot.
Hagel was having a much better season than Jeannot though, so was Coleman when they got him. Paul is the best comparison there.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would cringe at a 1st and a small-ish prospect/roster body, but I would do it. I think he would be great for their bottom 6.

But two 1sts? I don't think I would even consider countering that. I would walk away from the table.

Yeah a 1st and a prospect would make me hella uneasy, but I'd definitely want to see Jeannot play and would be fine if he played well. More than that? I'd be mad.

Jeannot sure as hell isn't Hagel, though. I think comparing him to Paul is fair, but he's absolutely not Hagel.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
You think those guys signed because they want to "ho out together". Hell no those guys are competitive and they want to win.

If it was just about going out together they would have been done by now.

I can assure you those guys didn't sign because they just want to ride off in the wind together
Why do you think Malkin wanted to have his deal run with Crosby. They have the top 6 all back next season. I think Zucker re ups

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Why do you think Malkin wanted to have his deal run with Crosby. They have the top 6 all back next season. I think Zucker re ups
Because they want a run at it.

You really think they are just playing the game to finish off their careers.

They did it b/c they felt that's what the window is to be competitive.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Esposito, Despres, Bennett, Maatta, Pouliot, Kapanen, Poulin, Pickering. Yea I'm over the first round unless it's like top 12. Chychrun is worth like half of those picks by himself, Jeannot is better than over half. Would rather stock up 2-5 round picks instead and just roll the dice.

Alot of team bust in the first round so what's your point? It's idiotic to be like "I'm over the first round because we drafted Pouliot the one year"

Its just illogical thinking.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Because they want a run at it.

You really think they are just playing the game to finish off their careers.

They did it b/c they felt that's what the window is to be competitive.
Competitive is still open. They are still competing for aa playoff spot. They don’t expect to win any more cups

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are a stale organization and have been the last 4 years. Now did Hextall just follow orders and sign the Malkins, Letangs and Rusts since they want Sid to play with his guys or was it the best thing for the next 3 years or so to try to win a cup. If the latter, then Hextall is not your GM. Pens needed a GM who would impact the roster and cap to have flexibility to add what helps win. Trading for Carter and thinking he was the missing piece was bad, Worse was the extension.

Kap was a over pay as to salary but not the worst risk reward deal. In the end, sullivan refusal to keep current with the teams who are bigger stronger and play a physical game that the Pens in any playoff series would just have issues with. If last years playoff loss should have told sully anything, get bigger have more pushback and give the stars room to operate. Who are you going to draft who is better than Jeannot or Chychran? No one.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Alot of team bust in the first round so what's your point? It's idiotic to be like "I'm over the first round because we drafted Pouliot the one year"

Its just illogical thinking.
Yea my point was about Pouliot and not the fact that the Pens have only ever had one 1st round pick make a meaningful difference on the team - Maatta.

It's not illogical. There's little difference from where the Pens usually draft to the 2nd round in terms of odds of becoming an impact player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad