Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Feb 26th, the deadline day warmup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
I don't know if I would actually do Jeannot for a 1st, but in terms of value what he did last year more impactful than most 1sts, and he doesn't need the development time.
It’s their 2024 2nd that becomes their 2024 1st if NJ reaches ECF this year or next year.

I, for one, am appalled that Hextall missed out on the Scott Harrington sweepstakes.
he’s had a bad day, he also missed out in Jack Johnson

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

oh-my-god-omg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Picks that will be ready by the time Crosby retires is not a retool. Getting young players you can control like Jeannot/Chychrun is a retool.
No but you will use the cap space you opened by moving Teddy Dumolin archinald and denton in the off season. You get a look at the interal replacements this season plus replenish the prospect pool

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
No but you will use the cap space you opened by moving Teddy Dumolin archinald and denton in the off season. You get a look at the interal replacements this season plus replenish the prospect pool
Pens will have that cap space regardless, and in this scenario will have good young players on the team as opposed to a bunch of ??? in 2026

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I love the Oxbow Ox and discussed last season that he's a guy I would love to have here.

Has size and skill and will stand up to any heavyweight out there. You gotta love his game but I'm not paying a 1st for him as a UFA and I don't think he will cost a 1st.

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think they should move any 1st or 2nd round picks
Esposito, Despres, Bennett, Maatta, Pouliot, Kapanen, Poulin, Pickering. Yea I'm over the first round unless it's like top 12. Chychrun is worth like half of those picks by himself, Jeannot is better than over half. Would rather stock up 2-5 round picks instead and just roll the dice.

Reactions: Pens x and domaug

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Still no points.

You can consider trading anyone on the bottom 6 outside of DOC and Poehling, no problem, but if there is no market for any of them and we have to pay to get them to leave it makes no sense.
I suppose it might with Carter or McGinn, but the former is likely an impossibility, and with McGinn it should be easier to find a deal/taker in the off-season than now.
He can't get any lower value wise, contenders don't players who've gone cold for three months and sellers obviously have no use.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pretty darn good haul for SJ pending the conditions of the 2nd 1st.
As I said in the NHL thread, SJ wanted Mercer and couldn’t get him…I would way rather have Mercer and only one first round pick versus those other three prospects who are ? marks and two first round picks…think NJ got the best of the deal

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The somewhat equivalent deal if the Penguins had gone for it:

2023 1st round pick
2024 Conditional 1st round pick
Owen Pickering
Ty Smith
Valtteri Puustinen
Brock McGinn
2024 7th round pick
See we could have done it,,.that would be worth it for us since I don’t want to resign Zucker and we need a young winger…the rest of the top six wingers are 29-31

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If the deal is right they absolutely should or there was no reason to resign Malkin/Letang/Rust.

No pick should be off the board. A 1st should require a player with term though.
They earned the right to ho out together with multiple cups. They also have traded way to many picks to get knocked out in round 1 the last 4 years

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Esposito, Despres, Bennett, Maatta, Pouliot, Kapanen, Poulin, Pickering. Yea I'm over the first round unless it's like top 12. Chychrun is worth like half of those picks by himself, Jeannot is better than over half. Would rather stock up 2-5 round picks instead and just roll the dice.
Exactly. If it’s for someone that will be here beyond this season and is already established, you do it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Still no points.

You can consider trading anyone on the bottom 6 outside of DOC and Poehling, no problem, but if there is no market for any of them and we have to pay to get them to leave it makes no sense.
I suppose it might with Carter or McGinn, but the former is likely an impossibility, and with McGinn it should be easier to find a deal/taker in the off-season than now.
He can't get any lower value wise, contenders don't players who've gone cold for three months and sellers obviously have no use.
Teddy would fetch a 4th Denton a 4th and arch a 7. Add 2nd from Dumo.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Why would I be upset? Tampa knows what you need to get success in the playoffs.

Wish our team did. Heard the rumored ask for Jeannot was two 1sts btw.
I would understand two firsts if he was replicating his rookie year

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
See we could have done it,,.that would be worth it for us since I don’t want to resign Zucker and we need a young winger…the rest of the top six wingers are 29-31

There’s no prospect close to Zetterlund in our system let alone Mukha.

I would understand two firsts if he was replicating his rookie year

Production isn’t everything. This team needs to focus on getting pain in the ass players in their bottom six. Everyone in the division / conference has them but us and Toronto.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Production isn’t everything. This team needs to focus on getting pain in the ass players in their bottom six. Everyone in the division / conference has them but us and Toronto.
Yeah our bottom six is too easy to play against. They don't score either, so it's kinda a double negative there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad