Post-Game Talk: Pens / Kings: Where frustration continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Meh, it's one game. Plus, I think LA has been a little better as of late. Pens were the better team IMO for most of the game. Sheary looks better than Simon and I liked Marleau. Perhaps he can get some looks with Malkin occasionally. They play this way Friday and they will probably win.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Keep posting those. They don't mean anything if you don't have enough skill to beat NHL goalies.

If it was opposite and we had won while getting badly outplayed you’d likely be shitting on the team and calling it lucky.

End of day people watch the team and sports for enjoyment man. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a critical discussion, but the constant angry, extremely pessimistic rants add nothing of value.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I really hope dumo comes back at 100 percent . So much will ride on Marino and Dumo. The team has really been a mess since both went out.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
That line was literally in the Kings O-Zone 100% of the time and created multiple scoring chances in around 8 minutes of ice time.
You just state statistics. Because you didn't watch.

I get you now. A contrarian. Do it enough times and eventually you'll be right.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If it was opposite and we had won while getting badly outplayed you’d likely be shitting on the team and calling it lucky.

End of day people watch the team and sports for enjoyment man. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a critical discussion, but the constant angry, extremely pessimistic rants add nothing of value.
I wouldn't. Look up my history.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The confidence in this team is gone. Even if we do win Friday do we have confidence we can put consistent efforts and wins together?

I said after we got 80 points all we needed was 10 more wins in the last like 30 to make the playoffs. They lost every game in regulation since.

Playoff doubt will creep in if we lose in any fashion any game this weekend.

We lost 6 out of the last 10 games (including 4 in a row) one year.

What happened next will shock you............

cut.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You just state statistics. Because you didn't watch.

I get you now. A contrarian. Do it enough times and eventually you'll be right.

Nah. Just positive. Our trade pieces looked great. Malkin’s line looked good. Sid still finding itself.

Sheary - Sid - Hornqvist
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Simon
Rodrigues - Bleuger - Tanev

Would be my combos for now with Zucker and Sheary swapping.

Honestly JJ and Jarry were our biggest issues. And Jarry of course gets a pass, but it’s why you don’t sell Murray because that early part of the year was a mirage.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
-JJ lost us this game. 2nd goal on him. And he missed an open net. You. Can’t. Miss. Open. Nets. In. The. NHL.
Yeah, he probably should’ve hit the net, but I’m pretty confident that was getting waved off regardless since Zucker ran into the goalie.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Nah. Just positive. Our trade pieces looked great. Malkin’s line looked good. Sid still finding itself.

Sheary - Sid - Hornqvist
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Simon

Honestly JJ and Jarry were our biggest issues. And Jarry of course gets a pass, but it’s why you don’t sell Murray because that early part of the year was a mirage.
The Rodrigues stuff takes the cake though.

He was just a nothing there if you watched the game.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Sheary - Sid - Hornqvist
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Simon

Honestly JJ and Jarry were our biggest issues.

I might try Rust with Crosby and Sheary and keep Malkin with Hornqvist for now. Zucker is still adjusting to how the Pens play, especially in the D zone it seems. There’s lots of options though. Except on D apparently.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Keep posting those. They don't mean anything if you don't have enough skill to beat NHL goalies.

They thought we didn’t go to the net enough. Was just showing we did. Normally we’d win this game. We have good offense and decent S% on the year.

Frustrating for sure especially now a 4 game losing streak.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
+ I will say I thought Laff, Riikola, Marleau, Sheary, and a few others played well. Horny/Rust/G were trying. The team just couldn't put the puck in the net. Gotta keep bringing it. I was encouraged by some stuff. I liked how they owned play. So there are definitely things to like. I even thought Simon was good.

- That defense. Wow we need Marino and Dumo back ASAP. BADLY. JJ was at a level that does not have actual words. He was pathetic. Pets is so bad this year.

------------ Jack Johnson. I don't have words.

***Mod Warning - look it's frustrating but it's just entertainment. Be kind. Respect one another. IF you cannot control yourself, you will be removed from the thread.
You literally lol’d when I said last week this roster were not contenders. And they are now worse after the Kahun trade. But I won’t belittle, just a friendly reminder.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
2nd Place in the Metro with at least 1 game in hand on everyone close. (Isles are = in GP, 3 points back)

Cups aren't won in February. I just hope they don't make rash decisions. Let Dumo rest up and make sure he's 100% before he comes back.

Reactions: reino and Tom Hanks

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I might try Rust with Crosby and Sheary and keep Malkin with Hornqvist for now. Zucker is still adjusting to how the Pens play, especially in the D zone it seems. There’s lots of options though. Except on D apparently.
Why doesn't Tanev ever get any love with Sid?

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria

Sheary - Sid - Simon
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Zucker - McCann - Hornqvist

Fix it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia