Post-Game Talk: Pens / Kings: Where frustration continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I totally fell asleep in the 3rd and missed Rust's goal. Great work by Geno and him. I woke up to the last 20 seconds.

They looked like a team missing a lot of people and having new guys come in. For the most part they looked good aside from scoring, and this should trend upwards. Just getting games in and a bit of time, this team could be passable until the fallen reemerge.

But when they reemerge does that throw things outta kilter, again?

I'm not talking the defense but the forwards. And I don't think I have to rehash how I feel about the bottom six centers. We are stuck with whom they have and just gotta hope they are good enough.:eek:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I totally fell asleep in the 3rd and missed Rust's goal. Great work by Geno and him. I woke up to the last 20 seconds.

They looked like a team missing a lot of people and having new guys come in. For the most part they looked good aside from scoring, and this should trend upwards. Just getting games in and a bit of time, this team could be passable until the fallen reemerge.

But when they reemerge does that throw things outta kilter, again?

I'm not talking the defense but the forwards. And I don't think I have to rehash how I feel about the bottom six centers. We are stuck with whom they have and just gotta hope they are good enough.:eek:

The bulk of that goal because of Hornqvist I’m not sure if it showed in the highlights

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
The obsession some Penguins fans have with Jack Johnson is kinda terrifying, to be honest. You'd think that he literally kicked their puppy based on how offended people get just because he's a crappy analytical player on your favorite team.

There are 2 rules here:

1. You have to complain about the whipping boys without offering any real alternatives
2. You have to whip the whipping boy regardless of what the actual problems are

Good post

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Can't see what your point is, sorry

You said that it's happened for 4 straight playoff series losses
I pointed out that we've been scoring at a consistent clip in both 2nd round wins AND losses

So the offense is what it is. Also your supposition that "Sid Crosby is the problem" doesn't hold water either

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Tied score is not a win yet.

And where was he (and other stars) when Caps got in front again?

Nowhere to be found.

Are your arms tired from moving the goal posts?
First it was "malkin stat padding", but now it's "he didn't win the game"

How many goals should Geno score to satisfy you? Is 1 goal better in a 1-0 win or are 2 goals better in a 3-2 loss?
I'm attempting to comprehend your take.. Which are extremely hot

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You either really don't understand or pretend not to understand how the game develops and the score effects, because your argument is based on the final stat sheet only.
Scoring goals and points when a game is out of reach doesn't help your team much, but makes you personally look good on the scoresheet.

The team has been starting games late. The team has been taking periods off. The teams hasn't been working hard enough to create enough offense, and hasn't been determined enough to finish their chances. The team has been generally lazy and complacent. It all starts from the stars and leaders, and then spreads on throughout the lineup.

After looking at things I can’t really take anything you say seriously. All you do is complain (might be a word for that......)

You only come into post game threads to complain. I checked and you’ve been in 44 post game threads the last 2 seasons.

6 times we won (you complained)
32 times we lost (you complained)
6 times we lost got a point (you complained)

Meanwhile in that time we’ve gone 81-47-18 but you basically only show up when we lose and the 6 times you posted in winning games you complained (We scored 27 goals in those 6 games).

Remind me to never sit next to you on a plane

giphy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
After looking at things I can’t really take anything you say seriously. All you do is complain (might be a word for that......)

You only come into post game threads to complain. I checked and you’ve been in 44 post game threads the last 2 seasons.

6 times we won (you complained)
32 times we lost (you complained)
6 times we lost got a point (you complained)

Meanwhile in that time we’ve gone 81-47-18 but you basically only show up when we lose and the 6 times you posted in winning games you complained (We scored 27 goals in those 6 games).

Remind me to never sit next to you on a plane

giphy.gif

I am now invested. I'm curious to see if he returns. The correct thing for him to do is tuck his tail and not come back to this thread and to simply live to fight another day. It's okay. It happens.

But guess is though he will come back and double down. Which will be great because it's funny to read. Either way, it's a win-win for me.

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Dumo isn’t going to score goals. We will still have issues as is.

Attending the Lakers game and gallivanting around LA looks bad after a game like that for the players. You can’t play like that against the second worst team in the league. Inexcusable.

I honestly think there is a good portion in here over reacting to this cold streak we are having.

We just overachieved with like 6 guys out for about 3 months straight.

This is our FIRST 4 game losing streak and the LONGEST of the season.

Is it good? No...

Do we have things we need to work on? YES..

But as good as weve been since about mid december, the over reaction to this 4 game skid I think is a bit overboard.

Tampa lost 5 out of 7 at one point

Boston went on 4, 5, and two 3 game Losing streaks.

Those teams and Washington have lost to bottom 5 teams as well.

These skids and bad losses happen...

We dont have to like them but let's not overreact.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Are people really claiming Marino and Dumo aren’t going to help our scoring woes since they aren’t going to personally be the ones scoring the goals?

That’s an interesting take for sure. Why even spend Cap on defense at all? They don’t score and wellll....we need to SCORE to win!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Are people really claiming Marino and Dumo aren’t going to help our scoring woes since they aren’t going to personally be the ones scoring the goals?

That’s an interesting take for sure. Why even spend Cap on defense at all? They don’t score and wellll....we need to SCORE to win!
Reminds me of the "You just gotta find a way to score there/make that save" despite all factors involved. It's just vacuous nonsense. :laugh:

Reactions: Trade

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
One of the only times we made it through the neutral clean with speed was Malkin going coast to coast.

It's a hell of alot easier for a team to defend us by forcing us to create offense off the cycle. We're at our best when we can move the puck quickly and cleanly to the forwards and letting them use their speed and skill. Guess which D-men help us do that best sans Letang?

Not a difficult concept.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Are your arms tired from moving the goal posts?
First it was "malkin stat padding", but now it's "he didn't win the game"

How many goals should Geno score to satisfy you? Is 1 goal better in a 1-0 win or are 2 goals better in a 3-2 loss?
I'm attempting to comprehend your take.. Which are extremely hot

Consider the poster you're responding to. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->