Post-Game Talk: Pens / Kings: Where frustration continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knives and Tulips

Aug 1, 2019
If JMFJ isnt the scratch when Dumo returns....

Cough Drop played some bomb hockey tonight. The new octogenarian we just traded for looks good. Sheary falls down a lot. Did Zucker play?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
4 in a row. And i got laughed at saying playoffs might be in danger. Let's see...

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Pettersson turned into maatta. Johnson turned from a bad player to the same old terrible player. Schultz turned into Edmonton Schultz. Other than all that, things looking really good.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Unbelievable we didn’t win that. Dominated 5v5 and played the trap really well. Should have won 5-0. If Dumo and Marino we’re back it should have been 10-0.

At least they looked good finally.

New guys get a game under their belt too. Marleau looks like he was always a Penguin. Sheary was great.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Can't put up more than one on an LA jabroni goalie (minus the barrage at the end).
This forward group is toast in the playoffs again. Gutless.

Reactions: Angrrus

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
+++ Sid and Geno. Best 2 players on the ice
++ Riikola was very solid imo.
++ Marleau and Sheary. Both looked great
+ Horny. Was a workhorse for that line. Fantastic on the forecheck and his legs looked great.

- JJ is utter garbage again and shouldn’t be out with Letang, much less L1 or 2.
- Abhorrent first penalty kill really hurt us
- - - - - puck luck

Stings. Should have won. Nobody from LA even stood out. That’s hockey though.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Man, as soon as they said Peterson was 1-3 with a sub 9 GAA, you just knew he was going to have the game of his life against us.

I’m all for facing, and overcoming adversity before the playoffs, but it would be great if we could grab some wins and not back our way out of the playoffs

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Pens looking more and more like last year's bunch. I truly thought they were contenders, but it just looks to similar to last season.

Absolutely inexcusable to lose 4 regulation games in a row playing against some of the worst in the league.

JJ out there with 2 minutes left is a sign of mental illness.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't remember Petts being this goddamn slow. Not just skating either (though his skating's been bad), but he thinks the game slowly too.

Dude needs some serious time to develop, and he needs that on the bottom pairing.

JR's got work to do this summer regardless of how far we make it in the playoffs. This blueline needs an overhaul.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There was some effort by a couple...just overall, no one skated tonight. No one moved their feet, no one had the ambition to win a battle.

Adding three players is rough for flow and chemistry but this was a special kind of bad.

Jack Johnson should be a scratch next game. Putrid. Absolutely putrid.

Not sure how no one skated. There were lapses and I thought Zucker especially was lost in the 3rd but I thought they looked good aside from one huge zero bobbling the puck and getting dusted.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
You just lost to one of the worst teams of the past decade with a rookie in the net. Do you not have any pride? Do you not have any shame? 0-4 skid looking like it's gonna keep getting bigger the more we play.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pens looking more and more like last year's bunch. I truly thought they were contenders, but it just looks to similar to last season.

Absolutely inexcusable to lose 4 regulation games in a row playing against some of the worst in the league.

JJ out there with 2 minutes left is a sign of mental illness.

We’ve played Toronto, Buffalo, LA and Washington. 2 of those teams are the “worst in the league.”

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Skid continues.
ACEFA191-1FC1-43B1-9E0F-DB3D2966793B.gif

Let’s end it in Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events