Post-Game Talk: Pens / Kings: Where frustration continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
JJ was at least tolerable in that role earlier in the year.

In any case, keeping him anywhere but the top pair would be advisable.
When Marino was doing the yeoman's work? Yeah, we all were duped too. He was marginally better than he is right now, but a lot of that heavy lifting was the legend, Marino.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Marleau with Malkin and Rust makes a ton of sense. I think Sheary is a notch better than Simon, but he is not a long term option there, I don't think.

Speaking of Simon, I thought he had a good game. He created some quality chances.

Reactions: KIRK

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
I'm not going to go as far as saying they're going to miss the playoffs but home ice/Metro title seems to be slipping away, and given this team's road struggles and home success, it's probably something they need to have.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
We can lose our next four games and everyone can win out and we will still be in the playoffs.

I guess in 4 games we will find out because the wheels have completely come off. So much for Sully coach of the year. Pulling a MT special!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pettersson turned into maatta. Johnson turned from a bad player to the same old terrible player. Schultz turned into Edmonton Schultz. Other than all that, things looking really good.
Pettersson was getting beaten to the puck, out muscled, out skated, all throughout this game, he's had more meh to bad moments than I would have liked, sophomore slump or not, I hope this is just a blip on the radar for him in his Pens career, to have it turn into a Maatta situation would suck.

Chicago does have another Dominik that I like, so I mean...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I guess in 4 games we will find out because the wheels have completely come off. So much for Sully coach of the year. Pulling a MT special!

They played two good games after the two bad ones vs TO and BUF. It looks worse than it is. It could be a hell of a lot better if this team wasn’t shackling it’s only really good defenseman left with its worst.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I really have no words other than I guess it's to be expected when you change a lot of the roster before the deadline.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The confidence in this team is gone. Even if we do win Friday do we have confidence we can put consistent efforts and wins together?

I said after we got 80 points all we needed was 10 more wins in the last like 30 to make the playoffs. They lost every game in regulation since.

Playoff doubt will creep in if we lose in any fashion any game this weekend.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
As badly as we're dragging JJ, and rightfully so, Petts and Schultz are right there with the guy. Ruh is what he is; an AHL level guy that should never get any significant time as an NHL regular, so I'll be easy on the guy because his struggles are expected. Even Letang looked awful, though I imagine that's due to the guy trying to do literally everything since he's playing next to JJ.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens looking more and more like last year's bunch. I truly thought they were contenders, but it just looks to similar to last season.

Absolutely inexcusable to lose 4 regulation games in a row playing against some of the worst in the league.

JJ out there with 2 minutes left is a sign of mental illness.
lol Agreed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You need some scorers. Guys who can actually put the puck in the net.

Dominate all you want with analytics, but at the end of the day, you need some guys to put the puck in the net.

This is what frustrates me about games like tonight. Great, they "dominated possession". But at the end of the day, you need to score more than the other guy. My concern when the playoffs begin and we're up against the best of the best, our wack-a-mole guys won't be able to score at those critical moments versus the opposition's better shooters.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I'm not going to go as far as saying they're going to miss the playoffs but home ice/Metro title seems to be slipping away, and given this team's road struggles and home success, it's probably something they need to have.
Pens were ~4 points from missing the POs and being tops in the Metro last year. All points matter.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
It seems so damn hard to get Crosby and Malkin going at the same time. Makes no sense to me. This team makes me want to light my pubes on fire.

Reactions: DRAGO 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad