Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Well he knows Nashville's roster and they are in free fall. I would love to find a way to get Jarnkrok and trade on of the LD Petts and Sceviour as part of a package. I would be willing to take contract back that they want to move. Sissions is highly overpaid but if that gets those two where the money is close I take that in a heart beat. Money works all around.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Friedman and Pryor, eh? What other former Flyers are unemployed that we will hire next?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well, I've moved on. He really did jump ship.
He probably did but I got no idea what really happened so I can't really comment. All I know is we got 2 cups with him as our GM making aggressive moves that helped us. I can't be mad, the core has 3 cups.

Reactions: BHD

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Just about everyone I know who knew JR said he was a really good dude - so I’ll take their word instead of an over zealous fan angry about things that are lets be real - a small matter in the grand scheme of things.

Based on the departing messages Crosby and Malkin had for JR, that should tell you all you need to know about the guy as a person.

But hey - call him names if it makes you feel better bro.

You do you.

People said good things about James Neal when he left and he’s a Grade A piece of garbage. Two people’s messages doesn’t sway me at all when it comes to almost 20 years of watching him work.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
People said good things about James Neal when he left and he’s a Grade A piece of garbage. Two people’s messages doesn’t sway me at all when it comes to almost 20 years of watching him work.

Nah. I heard what a piece of work Neal was from a number of people who knew him, and it was rarely a very kind word about him.

So whomever these people were who told you Neal was a good guy either lied to you or didn’t actually know him well.

I lost count how many people who actually know JR (and didn’t watch him from afar for 20 years) praise his character.

The “two” you are referring to are also the faces of the franchise and they took the time to wish him well for a reason.

But again... you do you and keep calling him names because he made some bad moves and f***ed up like every GM does over time.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Nah. I heard what a piece of work Neal was from a number of people who knew him, and it was rarely a very kind word about him.

So whomever these people were who told you Neal was a good guy either lied to you or didn’t actually know him well.

I lost count how many people who actually know JR (and didn’t watch him from afar for 20 years) praise his character.

The “two” you are referring to are also the faces of the franchise and they took the time to wish him well for a reason.

But again... you do you and keep calling him names because he made some bad moves and f***ed up like every GM does over time.

My dislike has little to do with the moves he made (they were more awful than good, though) but a pattern and continued shit treatment of people, and they way he gave up which I already outlined above.

The faces of the franchise wishing their GM well isn’t an endorsement of anything other than positive PR. Sid and Geno remained friends with Neal after he left and he’s awful. So again, doesn’t really mean much.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tomlin is a good coach and has proven to be a good person.

Babcock was a one trick pony who was also a scumbag.

I don’t see the correlation.

How is he a good coach.

The correlation is JR is better at his job than Tomlin is at his. But I want to know how he's such a darling?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

He did ultimately quit on the team. I wish him luck and I’m glad he’s gone. And of course he will sit amongst our other successful GMs who somehow all have multiple cup finals and a cup win.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You been doing yoga to stretch this far?

In the end JR failed maintaing the roster to the 17 championship level but I'm not sure we can fault him for not trying to sustain that level. What ever his ideas and thoughts were, and mistakes were made, he was 100 percent engaged and gave his best. I respect the effort given.

The other side of the coin is you have a coach who doesn't understand the concept of gameplaning or scheming against the the other teams every week. He can't give his best because he's not an NFL coach.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Astounding how much of this article also applies to his years in Pittsburgh.

A Look Back at Jim Rutherford’s Tenure

In his time in Pittsburgh the two Cup years and the year after could be seen as good or better. The other years were utter failures, including him bungling the cap and first round sweeps. Last year it can easily be argued they didn’t make the playoffs. He failed. Miserably. Half of the time he was GM.

And then the Hurricanes? Oh God he was horrid outside of a few fluke years, given a thorough break down in that article.

He’s better at his job than Tomlin? Lol okay. You say Tomlin doesn’t understand the basics of his job (again lol okay) but Rutherford didn’t even know he couldn’t trade back for someone he traded for because it was against the CBA. Sure, go off king.

He had two very good years and a year that saw him tear apart those good years for no reason and three horrible seasons. And then he quit without warning when it was hard and he was out of resources to burn. He should have left after the 17 Cup instead of harming this franchise and ruining his legacy.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He’s better at his job than Tomlin? Lol okay. You say Tomlin doesn’t understand the basics of his job (again lol okay)

I didn't say JR was devoid of mistakes no matter how silly. I'm saying from an overall standpoint I was happy with the job he did. I appreciated his aggressive style just like I think I will appreciate Hextalls more patient approach.

Tomlin: that's exactly what I'm saying. He hid behind Arians and Lebeau for years. That's why the inflated record. The latter were doing Tomlins job for him, double the work load. I mean it helped that they had a loaded roster.

Maybe that's why Arians went on to win a SB this year. Imagine being OC and head coach at the same time? I guess it better prepared him.

I mean if the Coordinators get all the blame over the HC in this town, then they should be first to get the credit...am I right?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Arians won the Super Bowl this year because Tom Brady brought in a shit ton of free agents that weren’t there they year before and changed the team. Arians wasn’t a good coach the year before when his offense, that he kept calling, saw Winston jacking up INT after INT.

All Buccaneers points in Super Bowl LV were scored by players not with the team in 2019 - ProFootballTalk

Tomlin has a 10.25-5.75 record average during the Lebeau era (2007-2014).

Tomlin has gone 10.6-5.3-.16 since then (2015-2020). Keep trying man.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad