Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My dislike has little to do with the moves he made (they were more awful than good, though) but a pattern and continued shit treatment of people, and they way he gave up which I already outlined above.

The faces of the franchise wishing their GM well isn’t an endorsement of anything other than positive PR. Sid and Geno remained friends with Neal after he left and he’s awful. So again, doesn’t really mean much.

You write this, then follow up with this nonsense:

Tomlin is a good coach and has proven to be a good person..

Sorry bro, but that’s comical as hell.

I’m not even going to get deep into this debate, but bashing JR’s character and then putting Tomlin’s character up as a shining example is one of the most deranged things I’ve seen posted on here - sorry.

You need do your homework better on Tomlin and I’ll leave it at that.

Brutal.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
You write this, then follow up with this nonsense:

Sorry bro, but that’s comical as hell.

I’m not even going to get deep into this debate, but bashing JR’s character and then putting Tomlin’s character up as a shining example is one of the most deranged things I’ve seen posted on here - sorry.

You need do your homework better on Tomlin and I’ll leave it at that.

Brutal.

I’ve given examples perhaps you should do the same.

Reactions: Rave7215

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He did ultimately quit on the team. I wish him luck and I’m glad he’s gone. And of course he will sit amongst our other successful GMs who somehow all have multiple cup finals and a cup win.

Only JR and CP have two rings - they don’t give rings for just getting there.

And ya he quit, does that make him a horrible person?

Is Vontae Davis a scumbag now to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Machine

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’ve given examples perhaps you should do the same.

Board rules would prevent me from disclosing things I’ve been told, which is why I won’t be getting into this debate.

The fact you bash JR as this scumbag and hold Tomlin up as some shining example of a good dude is all I need to know for this debate to end here.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Board rules would prevent me from disclosing things I’ve been told, which is why I won’t be getting into this debate.

The fact you bash JR as this scumbag and hold Tomlin up as some shining example of a good dude is all I need to know for this debate to end here.

It's like with the over the top Fleury fans. He'll sit with the worst sv%..."i don't care! he got that smile" :laugh:

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC

I never said he was a scumbag, I called Neal one. I do think he’s a jerk and unprofessional.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Arians won the Super Bowl this year because Tom Brady brought in a shit ton of free agents that weren’t there they year before and changed the team. Arians wasn’t a good coach the year before when his offense, that he kept calling, saw Winston jacking up INT after INT.

All Buccaneers points in Super Bowl LV were scored by players not with the team in 2019 - ProFootballTalk

Tomlin has a 10.25-5.75 record average during the Lebeau era (2007-2014).

Tomlin has gone 10.6-5.3-.16 since then (2015-2020). Keep trying man.

Having the best team on paper and attracting all the FA means absolutely nothing. There is no guarantee championship through free agency.

Also not many people care anymore about Tomlins inflated Regular season record

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Having the best team on paper and attracting all the FA means absolutely nothing. There is no guarantee championship through free agency.

Also not many people care anymore about Tomlins inflated Regular season record

The last three years of the Lebeau era were just as successful in the playoffs as the years without him. But stick to your narrative.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I never said he was a scumbag, I called Neal one. I do think he’s a jerk and unprofessional.

A jerk because he made some bad moves, called out players (and was spot on), and speaks his mind?

That’s a messed up judging curve.

Now if you want to see a real jerk, look over at good guy Tomlin.

It's like with the over the top Fleury fans. He'll sit with the worst sv%..."i don't care! he got that smile" :laugh:

This thread just jumped the shark. Tomlin a good dude and JR a bad dude.

Bizarre.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
A jerk because he made some bad moves, called out players (and was spot on), and speaks his mind?

A jerk because he throws players who deserve respect under the bus for problems not related to them, for leaving players like Malkin hanging on if they’ll be traded, for traded and signing players to long term deals and then shipping them away and never blaming himself when something’s wrong. Huge jerk. As others have said and noticed, absolute boomer who thinks he’s right and the other people are always wrong.

You have yet to provide any proof of Tomlin’s issues. My DMs are open if you’re that worried about being banned.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

This thread just jumped the shark. Tomlin a good dude and JR a bad dude.

Bizarre.

Tomlin as a Good guy doll. Brilliant. "Hi I'm Chucky, want to watch me coach?"

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
A jerk because he throws players who deserve respect under the bus for problems not related to them, for leaving players like Malkin hanging on if they’ll be traded, for traded and signing players to long term deals and then shipping them away and never blaming himself when something’s wrong. Huge jerk. As others have said and noticed, absolute boomer who thinks he’s right and the other people are always wrong.

You have yet to provide any proof of Tomlin’s issues. My DMs are open if you’re that worried about being banned.

So basically JR is a jerk for doing his job?

I told you I’m not getting into the Tomlin stuff. All I can tell you is that you are so far off about which one of these guys is the good dude.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
So basically JR is a jerk for doing his job?

I told you I’m not getting into the Tomlin stuff. All I can tell you is that you are so far off about which one of these guys is the good dude.

He’s a jerk for being wholly unprofessional when you see 30 other current GMs and a whole history of GMs handle is far better and professionally. It’s really not that that hard to put together.

But what do I know? Not like I’ve never been around the team or work in the industry.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You said he hid behind Lebeau but postseason and regular season his record is the same. Kinda defeats your argument.

Don't forget I said Arians too.

Not really. Lebeau at 75 can't do his own and then Tomlins job. High pressure enough doing one of them. Tomlin riding shotgun is just messed up and has been for years.

Nowadays no one is the Head Coach. Fitchner and Butler aren't good enough to carry Tomlin. It's a **** show. Canada likely can't do both either

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Ah so the goal post has shifted from “He hid behind these two coaches” to “well that coach wasn’t good in the end anyway.”

The Steelers lost in the first round in Arians last year, with Lebeau. Two years before they didn’t make the playoffs. And in Tomlin’s first year they lost in the first round with both of them. You going to make excuses for those years that absolve them too?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He’s a jerk for being wholly unprofessional when you see 30 other current GMs and a whole history of GMs handle is far better and professionally. It’s really not that that hard to put together.

But what do I know? Not like I’ve never been around the team or work in the industry.

So your saying you have inside on JR based on your employment with the team in the past? I'm not asking for info but wasn't your employment before JR?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Ah so the goal post has shifted from “He hid behind these two coaches” to “well that coach wasn’t good in the end anyway.”

The Steelers lost in the first round in Arians last year, with Lebeau. Two years before they didn’t make the playoffs. And in Tomlin’s first year they lost in the first round with both of them. You going to make excuses for those years that absolve them too?

It all boils down to Head Coach running a clown show. The only excuses being made are those making them for Tomlin. You still haven't said why you think he's good.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
It all boils down to Head Coach running a clown show. The only excuses being made are those making them for Tomlin. You still haven't said why you think he's good.

Won a Super Bowl. Made it to another. Made it to a third AFC Championship Game. Never had a losing record. Consistently competitive or in the playoffs in a league built for parity. Easily one of the top five active coaches right now with a better resume than most coaches historically.

It’s easy to turn that around the say “Well Rutherford has...” yes three Cups and another Final trip and another Eastern Conference Final. In his entire umpteen year tenure as GM outside of those he’s made the playoffs four times and three of them were with generational talents in Sid and Geno (last year is questionable if it even counts). And that’s in a league where more than half of the teams make the playoffs. Largely his regular seasons are abysmal failures and his teams tinkered with that multiple times here.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Won a Super Bowl. Made it to another. Made it to a third AFC Championship Game. Never had a losing record. Consistently competitive or in the playoffs in a league built for parity. Easily one of the top five active coaches right now with a better resume than most coaches historically.

All while being a figurehead...Top 5? :laugh:

count me in with @Mr Jiggyfly as that's a wrap for me.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

This is basically you being mad because he f***ed things up (which all GMs do). That’s honestly all this is.

And to be frank - the people I’ve talked to literally worked for JR or were their family members - so I doubt you know JR better than these people who interacted with him routinely for years.

And based on the good dude Tomlin stuff - I know you have gotten bad info - sorry.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
This is basically you being mad because he f***ed things up (which all GMs do). That’s honestly all this is.

And honestly to be frank - the people I’ve talked to literally worked for JR or were their family members - so I doubt you know JR better than these people.

And based on the info you got about Tomlin being a good dude - it’s obvious you have bad info - really bad info.

No, it’s not. I’ve repeatedly stated my reasons why.

Told you my DMs are open for your Tomlin proof. They remain empty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->