Confirmed with Link: Pens hire Hextall (GM) and Burke (POHOP) - Part II

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No, it’s not. I’ve repeatedly stated my reasons why.

Told you my DMs are open for your Tomlin proof. They remain empty.

Your reasons jive exactly with what I said - JR messed up the team so you are angry and looking for reasons to spew hatred at him.

It’s what fan(atic)s do.

Your DM will remain empty. I already know your info is bad and that’s sufficient enough for me.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Your reasons jive exactly with what I said - JR messed up the team so you are angry and looking for reasons to spew hatred at him.

It’s what fan(atic)s do.

Your DM will remain empty. I already know your info is bad and that’s sufficient enough for me.

My reasons for thinking he’s a jerk and unprofessional have nothing to do with that and I’ve stated them repeatedly. I’m also not the only one who feels that way. You’re choosing to be obtuse and ignore it for some reason, with some mythical knowledge you claim to possess.

You also have no evidence to back up Tomlin being a bad person. if you really wanted to prove your point you could and yet nothing. And you state you’ll continue to withhold even though it would help your point.

Okay dude. Sure thing. Enjoy your evening.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My reasons for thinking he’s a jerk and unprofessional have nothing to do with that and I’ve stated them repeatedly. I’m also not the only one who feels that way. You’re choosing to be obtuse and ignore it for some reason, with some mythical knowledge you claim to possess.

You also have no evidence to back up Tomlin being a bad person. if you really wanted to prove your point you could and yet nothing. And you state you’ll continue to withhold even though it would help your point.

Okay dude. Sure thing. Enjoy your evening.

It’s sad you can’t see the forest bro...

Your info is bad, you couldn’t be more wrong and you literally have things mixed up about who the real dick is.

I’m not one who can be goaded because you have bad info - that’s your issue not mine.

I’m done with this convo because the thread has been derailed by your misplaced malice for JR - and it’s obvious you just want to be hateful.

Let it eat you up if you like - this last year should have taught you better...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
That’s right. He’s a figurehead for Arians and Lebeau, who haven’t been there over half a century correct?

It's why no coordinater of quality wants to go there. The coordinator positions (both slots) are one of the worst jobs in the league because of the amature at the Head Coach spot. It might be the worst due to getting double the work and double the blame because (for some unknown really weird reason) the Head Coach is never held accountable.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Did any former Flyers’ players get waived today that we could claim?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungamania

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It’s easy to turn that around the say “Well Rutherford has...” yes three Cups and another Final trip and another Eastern Conference Final. In his entire umpteen year tenure as GM outside of those he’s made the playoffs four times and three of them were with generational talents in Sid and Geno (last year is questionable if it even counts). And that’s in a league where more than half of the teams make the playoffs. Largely his regular seasons are abysmal failures and his teams tinkered with that multiple times here.

I don't understand your logic because you can say the same about Tomlin. Tomlin wouldn't have the accolades without the Franchise Qb and the roster he was gifted in 07. Rutherford had success outside Pittsburgh. Tomlin cany say that.

Edit: Before his Championship in Carolina, he didnt really have much to work with to start- they were a below average team. So yeah you're gonna miss the playoffs!

Yeah sure Tomlin was on Grudens staff as a DB coach in 02. But not the same thing.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
A jerk because he throws players who deserve respect under the bus for problems not related to them, for leaving players like Malkin hanging on if they’ll be traded, for traded and signing players to long term deals and then shipping them away and never blaming himself when something’s wrong. Huge jerk. As others have said and noticed, absolute boomer who thinks he’s right and the other people are always wrong.

You have yet to provide any proof of Tomlin’s issues. My DMs are open if you’re that worried about being banned.

Lol, there's the boomer line. The guy has three Cups and literally saved Sid and Geno's legacy. Yeah, those messages from them were obviously heartfelt and were not required of them. They could have just said good luck in the media.

If we're doing generational stereotypes, maybe some of the post-boomer guys aren't as smart as they think they are. Sounds like some classic sniping from the responsibility-free peanut gallery to me. That's as post-boomer as it gets.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextalls hatred level for the Flyers is exactly what this organization needed.
Yea, taking Friedman, who has played in 11 career games, sure showed them.

Maybe the Flyers can put in a claim for Zach Trotman to retaliate.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yea, taking Friedman, who has played in 11 career games, sure showed them.

Maybe the Flyers can put in a claim for Zach Trotman to retaliate.

I read Hextall drafted him first of all, so he likes him obviously. 2nd of all he's 25 so not a finished product.

Maybe he was mismanaged in Philly. Philly likes to trade every one after 1 game

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Lol, there's the boomer line. The guy has three Cups and literally saved Sid and Geno's legacy. Yeah, those messages from them were obviously heartfelt and were not required of them. They could have just said good luck in the media.

If we're doing generational stereotypes, maybe some of the post-boomer guys aren't as smart as they think they are. Sounds like some classic sniping from the responsibility-free peanut gallery to me. That's as post-boomer as it gets.

You going to search my entire posting history and attack me today or just limiting it to two threads?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You going to search my entire posting history and attack me today or just limiting it to two threads?

You do overreact to stuff. Just my observation (nothing to do with our discussion)

Is it that you feel entitled because you worked and know people around the Pens?

If I traded places with you I wouldn't waste my time on here with the general public (which is what we are). Maybe you just like that attention because you are in the know and like to be condescending?

I'm not flaming, honestly I'm competitive and arrogant about other things, so I get it

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

No, just calling out bullshit when I see it. So far you've called two pretty well-known people names and labels without anything substantial to back it up. Not sure what that's about but you clearly have an axe to grind. I think you're also hiding behind vague 'access' and 'in the field' experience. Smoke and mirrors as far as I'm concerned. Don't slander and nobody will pay you any mind. Got nothing personal against you.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No, just calling out bullshit when I see it. So far you've called two pretty well-known people names and labels without anything substantial to back it up. Not sure what that's about but you clearly have an axe to grind. I think you're also hiding behind vague 'access' and 'in the field' experience. Smoke and mirrors as far as I'm concerned. Don't slander and nobody will pay you any mind. Got nothing personal against you.

What I question is with his access to the media, is he using this platform to drive his personal opinion and override the facts?

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
What I question is with his access to the media, is he using this platform to drive his personal opinion and override the facts?

No idea and not trying to belittle his achievement, but in this society there are more posers than ever, talking up their experience and access from the safety of anonymity. I moreso took exception to his over the top personal attacks against Jim Rutherford (and Mark Madden of all people). You can't snipe from behind cover and hide where you got the ammo from. I think if you're going to publicly attack someone you should deliver the goods so we can all judge on the merit. It's easy to talk up your credentials and your information when no one knows who you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad