GDT: Pens @ Caps - 3/10/14 7 PM

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I mean, I'm right but okay. Aside from a couple spurts and a 15 minute domination in the second we generated nothing. And Crosby was dominant while Ovechkin wasn't noticeable except on the powerplay.

Ovi was flying around hitting and trying to take shots. The team, minus the defense, was dominant for quite a bit of the game actually. The loss was due to bad D (as always) and Halak being shaky. Some games you don't get bounces and they just couldn't put them in.

So you're wrong, there's no question about it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Halak looks so shaky, wonder if he's trying too hard because he's a brilliant goaltender as proved in St Louis

Ask from any Blues fan to describe Halak you with 1 word and i can guarantee you that not a single one of them will say brilliant.

Holtby would have been crucified (again) if he played like this.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Ask from any Blues fan to describe Halak you with 1 word and i can guarantee you that not a single one of them will say brilliant.

If he's not brilliant then he's a damn good goalie.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
McPhee is a wanna be forever copying others success with limited results.

Ted, well he knows how to build a product and strip it bare for profit.

Ugh.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Home-and-home losses to ****tsburgh are good for tank and good for the end of GMGM.

I HATE losing to the Pens, but if it's a catalyst for change, I will be okay with it.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Not sure if i can see Kuzya fully flourishing under this coach, now if it was Bruce introducing this kid to the league.....

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If he's not brilliant then he's a damn good goalie.

He was but recently he's had some pretty big issues with rebound control and dropping down too early.

Forgive me but i have zero confidence that Kolzig is going to fix those.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Not sure if i can see Kuzya fully flourishing under this coach, now if it was Bruce introducing this kid to the league.....

Nobody can flourish under this coach unless you're on the first PP unit.

Oates is synonymous with even strength black hole.

Burakovsky95*

Holy crap

DefendingBigD ‏@DefendingBigD 58s
Doctor says they did difribillate Rich Peverley, succesfully

Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars 3m
"We treated [peverley] for a cardiac event successfully." -Dr. Gil Salazar

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
He was but recently he's had some pretty big issues with rebound control and dropping down too early.

Forgive me but i have zero confidence that Kolzig is going to fix those.

I can fully understand where you are coming from. Having said that this goalie merry go round wouldn't be necessary if we could even get a decent NHL level D infront of Holtby.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

One performance vs many, what do you expect? He still held them in the game. I don't remember Holtby getting crushed too often for giving up 3 and losing a 1 goal game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Here's a scary thought.... "must win" game vs biggest rival and at home with heralded rookie in first NHL game...so this effort may be the best this team can do.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
backstrom needs to stop shotting the same shot right at the goalies chest on the powerplay, like 6 times he did it tonight.

Burakovsky95*

backstrom needs to stop shotting the same shot right at the goalies chest on the powerplay, like 6 times he did it tonight.

Yea this is the least of our worries right now. He also did it maybe twice and you have to change things up on the PP every once in a while or it becomes very predictable.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Yep, I'm a Blues fan and you are definitely right.

If anyone was wondering why the Blues wanted Ryan Miller so bad, this is it. Halak will sometimes just put out some awful performances like this, he's just a really underwhelming goalie when you watch him a lot.

Icetime

Oct 28, 2006
LA
If the Caps miss the playoffs and by some miracle GMGM is gone does Adam Oates really think that he will still be the head coach in Washington?

I wonder if he's actually that clueless.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Yep, I'm a Blues fan and you are definitely right.

If anyone was wondering why the Blues wanted Ryan Miller so bad, this is it. Halak will sometimes just put out some awful performances like this, he's just a really underwhelming goalie when you watch him a lot.

If 3 goals against vs the best offensive team in the league is his "awful performance", I'll take it.

Holtby's "awful performances" are giving up 3 goals on 7 shots and getting pulled before I can even sit down and grab a beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad