GDT: Pens @ Caps - 3/10/14 7 PM

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
If Grabo comes back anytime soon and Kuz sticks around, then our skill teamwide ticks up noticeably.

21 continued his hot streak tonite (and came close to game-tying tally on slap pass from #8). That's a positive.

Not a bad effort overall effort by Caps. But it felt like Pens were operating at about 70 percent capacity and were doing just enough to stay ahead of us. Tomorrow feels like 5-1 loss.

Or maybe i just need to up the dosage.

Or borrow some product from MJ Green.

I know we say this every year, but I really, REALLY don't see us reaching postseason this season. It would take a pretty epic turnaround, at this point.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I thought Mojo played well tonight.

Mike Green is a terrible hockey player. I can't believe how horrible he is at avoiding contact.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 3m
#Caps Oates on Green lately "I thought Greenie's played pretty good lately

tumblr_mdzw4654cs1ri5gz2o1_400.gif

He looked like he just rolled out of bed on the Pens first goal.

He didn't get much better after that.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Going to be a tough end to the season. Not looking forward to that west coast trip as well.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm not a big anti-Green guy, but if they aren't going to use him on the PP, and this is what he's going to contribute every night, then they should have gotten rid of him as soon as they decided to give Carlson his PP job.

I think 52 is the superior PPQB, but that is also by far his greatest skill as an NHL defenseman. If you aren't going to utilize that part of his skillset then he's overpaid and needs to go.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I was surprised how many Pens fans there were in the crowd tonight, my section in the nosebleeds was outnumbered (though I was on the side where the Pens shot twice) and the upper two levels were split around 50/50.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
I was surprised how many Pens fans there were in the crowd tonight, my section in the nosebleeds was outnumbered (though I was on the side where the Pens shot twice) and the upper two levels were split around 50/50.

Section 428 was definitely like that. It felt like the Caps were the away team. Might have been the worst it's ever been and that includes some of the Sabres games.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Teddy doesn't care where the money comes from. I wouldn't put it past him to even hype the away team to put people in the seats.

At this point when fans of other teams are feeling sorry Caps fans what can you do? The fan rivalry is being sucked out because the Caps suck and it's a direct correlation to the front office.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I thought the Caps played well except for Green's horrible non-play on Kunitz. Hillen looks like a solid 6. I really like the way he's played. Halak continues to be shaky. He wasn't awful but the rebound on the last goal was pretty nasty. Who knows if Holtby might have won this one.

Overall no complaints really. We are not a great team but we played well enough to win tonight. Hopefully we fare better tomorrow and hopefully Green shows up before the game is 1-0.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
No legit GM thinks Oates has all his marbles.

No GM should field such a young and soft defense. That said Oates' tactics are bizarre.

Hey Kuzya what did you think of your first game?

Still adjusting to pre game rituals. Soon I will ride shotgun with Green to game.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
If 3 goals against vs the best offensive team in the league is his "awful performance", I'll take it.

Holtby's "awful performances" are giving up 3 goals on 7 shots and getting pulled before I can even sit down and grab a beer.

You will be sadly disappointed if you are expecting Halak to play any better than Holtby.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Orlov was flying out there tonight. Hopefully the points follow Doesn't help that he plays the same point as OV on the PP otherwise Im sure he would have replaced Carlson by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00