Post-Game Talk: Pens 6 - Oil 5

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I was at game:

Gravel and Marody looked ok in my eyes
Nurse was a train wreck
Chaisson played great. I want him on the pp
Talbot really let me down . We outplayed Pittsburgh and he can’t make a save.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Pulju is actually pretty good defensively form time to time. Maybe he won't be a pure goalscorer, but if he works on his defensive game, we could instead end up with a Silfverberg type player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The roles would be reversed because of our crap development. Tkachuk would be groveling in the 4th line here while Pulju would probably be successful with flames.
I mean, probably not? Tkachuk made an impact from game one and didn't look back. Pulju didn't. But okay with that narrative.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd probably roll

RNH McDavid Yamo
Reider Draisaitl Chiasson
Lucic Strome Marody
Kassian Brodizak Puljujarvi

Next game. Chiasson deserves a shot on the 2nd line to see if he's for real or not.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Mcllelen needs to start doing proper starter/backup rotation. Seriously, so dumb.

I seriously think he just needs to make a schedule and stick with it. Have the guys know when they are going to start. Quit overthinking things. (He can change it if someone is struggling). His idea on handling goaltenders is just asking Talbot if he wants to play (which he always says yes).

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

LJellySlam

Dec 30, 2017
Just put Drai back with Mcdavid. Why try to fight something so obviously natural and beautiful.

P.S Koskinen please make Chia look like a genius.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean, probably not? Tkachuk made an impact from game one and didn't look back. Pulju didn't. But okay with that narrative.
He's not entirely wrong. The Oilers are still a mess at developing players.

If JP had been as ineffective as he was in his first season with the Flames he wouldn't have made it past game 9 instead of staying for like half the f***ing season.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We need a new 4th line pretty badly.

Thought the 4th line did normal 4th line stuff tonight which is hit, create energy, cycle, and create nominal chances. Only problem is that Pitts builds there bottom 6 with skills and a scoring edge, a roll 4 lines approach. Ours is still playing old school crash and bang energy type stuff. I know the 4th line was burned tonight, but I'd still rather see them do the energy thing than nothing at all which is what they've been doing. In short, despite the goals against I didn't mind what they did.

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd probably roll

RNH McDavid Yamo
Lucic Strome Marody

Next game. Chiasson deserves a shot on the 2nd line to see if he's for real or not.

Chiasson on the second line against his old team? I wouldn't be opposed.

quickfeet

Dec 6, 2017
Talbot makes 1.6 million more than Koskinen. Doubt Koskinen gets a start until after the all star break.

Cuz Oilers

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'd probably roll

RNH McDavid Yamo
Lucic Strome Marody

I dont see the point of playing JP on the fourth line. Just send him to the AHL if TM isnt going to play him. (For the record I dont necessarily blame TM for bumping JP down in the Nashville and tonights game). I thought JP was awful in the Nashville game. I thought he was better tonight but he didnt stand out much.

Reactions: Aerrol

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Wow.... what's worse, Strome getting jockstrapped during 3 on 3 ot ? Talbot just in absolute sieve mode or McLellan for even putting Strome out during OT against the likes of Crosby, Kessel,Malkin, Letang. Never learn Oilers.
I said the same thing. I was in that corner when Syd scored. Strome got walked. Talbot CANNOT make a big save when we need it

Reactions: Aerrol

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Thought the 4th line did normal 4th line stuff tonight which is hit, create energy, cycle, and create nominal chances. Only problem is that Pitts builds there bottom 6 with skills and a scoring edge, a roll 4 lines approach. Ours is still playing old school crash and bang energy type stuff. I know the 4th line was burned tonight, but I'd still rather see them do the energy thing than nothing at all which is what they've been doing. In short, despite the goals against I didn't mind what they did.

This was my thinking as well. The stats say otherwise, but they didn't look bad to my eye. Maybe Chiasson was a big part of that, but Kassian and Brodziak didn't seem bad either. Getting outplayed by Pittsburgh's bottom 6 isn't the worst thing that could happen to them.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
No, no he won't. He is a pure, unadulterated, bust. 100% bust. Primo-bust. Well, you get the idea.

Not a chance this guy ever scores more than 35-40 points in the league, or sticks as a top-6 forward. Not. A. Chance.

Lol just like there wasn't a chance McDavid could live up to the hype right? I agree that the odds are against Pulju panning out for us but this is more than a little extreme.

Reactions: nabob and ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad