Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
My thoughts...

images

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Crosby and McDavid are 1a and 1b, not Matthews
nobody outside of Toronto even puts Mathews in the same sentence so why bring him up. Mcdavid is the best player in the league and one very nice goal does not make Crosby in the top 3 anymore. It about been good game after game and there are a few players better now with Mcdavid easily number 1. Great goal by him but i have seen great goals and dangles by many players. And lets face it our defense looked horrible there and Talbot was totally out of position on a easy back hand to stop

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I mean, probably not? Tkachuk made an impact from game one and didn't look back. Pulju didn't. But okay with that narrative.

Yeah, I don't see it either. Tkachuk seems like the more resilient and heady player. Early tests showing that Bouchard and Yams can both make progress as rookies, Nurse didn't get ruined here, neither did Drai...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm gonna guess the answer is "They suck."

Good pickups.
I'm willing to give Brodziak a bit longer of a leash considering this guy was brought into be a primary PKer, but he needs some serious help if that fourth line doesn't want to get caved in every night. Kassian can f*** off. The guy has no interest in taking his man on the backcheck, which is pretty much the most important thing a fourth liner can do considering the expectation for offense is literally sweet f*** all.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Can we get Bouchard back to London already? Played under 9 mins.

I didn't mind Gravel actually...

Draisaitl's best game by far.
We pretty much have to send him back or lose someone in expansion. Gravel was good. Kassian, Talbot, and Nurse were not.
To make things worse, I bought a Nurse jersey while I was there

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm willing to give Brodziak a bit longer of a leash considering this guy was brought into be a primary PKer, but he needs some serious help if that fourth line doesn't want to get caved in every night. Kassian can **** off. The guy has no interest in taking his man on the backcheck, which is pretty much the most important thing a fourth liner can do considering the expectation for offense is literally sweet **** all.
Brodz is my favourite player but 4 GA? Yeouch.

And yeah, Kassian can take a long walk off a short pier. Ever since his extension he doesn't care.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Might have to change up the lines to address this depth issue. McDavid can't be playing half the game, that is insanity.
I think these pairings would work pretty well and would give us some more depth. 4 solid pairings. The rest is filler.

McDavid-Yamamoto

Rieder-Draisaitl-

-RNH-Puljujarvi

-Strome-Chiasson

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
This was my thinking as well. The stats say otherwise, but they didn't look bad to my eye. Maybe Chiasson was a big part of that, but Kassian and Brodziak didn't seem bad either. Getting outplayed by Pittsburgh's bottom 6 isn't the worst thing that could happen to them.

Brodziak in all honesty hasnt been good all year though. I really thought he would be a good addition to the team, but I havent seen it so far.

Maybe once Rattie comes back, it will help push Chiasson back down to the fourth line. Even though I am not a Cagguila fan, I thought hes been pretty good this year (my problem with him has more to do with the coaching staff playing him more than he should be). Khaira hasnt been great this year but I still have some hope and a soft spot for him. I thought Kassian was good against Nashville, I dont think he was great tonight, but maybe it was just some bad bounces.

I would probably go with Cagguila - Khaira - Chiasson.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If the Oilers are cutting bait on Talbot sometime this season or letting him walk for free at season's end, I really want Saros. On the main board, there is a thread where Mckenzie is saying the Preds and Rinne's camp are talking extension and Saros won't want to be a backup forever.

That said, I'm not pinning this loss on Talbot. Anyone who has played goalie knows a backhand is one of the harder shots to stop. For some reason, they are a tough read/pick up off the blade.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not that he’s been much better, but you could sub in Jujar for either Kassian or Brodziak.

Caggiula was good in the couple games he played too. Once Rattie returns in a couple weeks, that'll bump some guys down a line too. It's not like there isn't competition for those spots. We have Chiasson, Brodziak, Kassian, Marody, Caggiula, Khaira, and a player bumped down by Rattie all competing for the last 4 forward spots.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie/Yamamoto/Puljujarvi
Reider-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Rattie
Lucic-Strome-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would run .

RNH - McDavid - Yamamoto
Rieder - Draisaitl - Chiasson
Lucic - Strome - Marody
Khaira - Brodziak - Pulju

If Pulju outplays Marody and Chiasson then he can move up. And don't tell me it's impossible from the 4th line cause Chiasson f***ing did it tonight.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
If the Oilers are cutting bait on Talbot sometime this season or letting him walk for free at season's end, I really want Saros. On the main board, there is a thread where Mckenzie is saying the Preds and Rinne's camp are talking extension and Saros won't want to be a backup forever.

That said, I'm not pinning this loss on Talbot. Anyone who has played goalie knows a backhand is one of the harder shots to stop. For some reason, they are a tough read/pick up off the blade.

Honestly I think Nashville will transition Rinne to a mentor role and Saros will be a starter in a year or two.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Saros is the guy I want but the Oilers don't have the assets to make it happen.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
nobody outside of Toronto even puts Mathews in the same sentence so why bring him up. Mcdavid is the best player in the league and one very nice goal does not make Crosby in the top 3 anymore. It about been good game after game and there are a few players better now with Mcdavid easily number 1. Great goal by him but i have seen great goals and dangles by many players. And lets face it our defense looked horrible there and Talbot was totally out of position on a easy back hand to stop

We have our own Auston Chiasson anyway.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Caggiula was good in the couple games he played too. Once Rattie returns in a couple weeks, that'll bump some guys down a line too. It's not like there isn't competition for those spots. We have Chiasson, Brodziak, Kassian, Marody, Caggiula, Khaira, and a player bumped down by Rattie all competing for the last 4 forward spots.

Lucic-Strome-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx
Once Rattie and Caggiula is healthy I think I send Pulju down till the trade deadline and let him build some confidence. Then hopefully a confident Pulju coming up could be a good boost for us cause right now he just simply isn't doing enough

Reactions: Oilhawks

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta

Lucic-Strome-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

Maybe I missed it, but did they ever disclose Caggiula’s injury? Or is he still sick?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Chiarelli is an abject incompetent
Fire him tonight

Haha, what? I am all aboard the fire Chiarelli wagon and have been for a long time but seems like a weird night to be raging about his incompetence. His pickups actually played pretty well tonight and the team actually showed up. If you're mad about Puljujarvi's development, isn't that more of a Todd thing? Idk I'm not in a mood to brandish the pitchfork tonight.

Reactions: FlameChampion

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Haha, what? I am all aboard the fire Chiarelli wagon and have been for a long time but seems like a weird night to be raging about his incompetence. His pickups actually played pretty well tonight and the team actually showed up. If you're mad about Puljujarvi's development, isn't that more of a Todd thing? Idk I'm not in a mood to brandish the pitchfork tonight.
Brodziak and Kassian were on for 4 goals each. That's pretty bad.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I kinda view goalies coming out of Nashville the way I did a goalies coming out of Minny a few years ago. I wonder about how much those goalies are products of the system, rather than actually good tenders.

Reactions: LaGu

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Shame that all those great efforts were undone by .800 goaltending.

Talbot down to .895 on the season. Trying not to push the panic button here but all any one of us wanted from Koskinen was .910 goaltending. If we can’t get that from our starter we’re in major trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad