Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Canadiens pregame talk, also: Megna benched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
The team's defense has been hot garbage lately and we are worried about who the third wheel is on Team Canada's top line? Ok.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
We are a unique organization. Kobasew would be fired out of town everywhere else.

Let us not forget how Pyatt (who was not deemed good enough for the NYR) is securing a spot here on this (supposedly) much better team.

Sadly, not only is Pyatt actually better than a few players already on this roster, we probably won't ever waive him.

FN benching Megna is indefensible (if he's healthy).

5v5 pts/60min (This standardizes every player regardless of how many games they've played or how many minutes they get/game)

Crosby 3.07
Malkin 3.06
Neal 2.77
Gibbons 2.75
Kunitz 2.39
Megna 2.03
Dupuis 2.00
Jokinen 1.95

Vitale 1.57
Glass 1.47
Bennett 1.34
Sutter 1.09
Adams 0.69
Kobasew 0.49
Pyatt 0.39
Sill 0.0000000

I've bolded the 2 guys who have really stood out to me this year. It is a no brainer that those 2 guys should ALWAYS be in the lineup if healthy. I realize they haven't played a ton of games, but WHAT would indicate that they aren't up to it so far?

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The team's defense has been hot garbage lately and we are worried about who the third wheel is on Team Canada's top line? Ok.
Because that "third wheel" is going to singlehandidly freeze that line. Kobasew was blocking Malkin´s production before, now he´s going to do it to Sid. That means Sid and Kunitz are playing shorthanded shifts all the time. Kobasew is that bad of a third wheel.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yes we are concerned because that 2/3rd's of Canada's top line will get shut down in the playoffs by Slovakia's captain and Canada's 4th line center in the playoffs. There is NO reason to have Kobasew there right now when Megna could possible be an answer in the top 9 this season.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Yes we are concerned because that 2/3rd's of Canada's top line will get shut down in the playoffs by Slovakia's captain and Canada's 4th line center in the playoffs. There is NO reason to have Kobasew there right now when Megna could possible be an answer in the top 9 this season.

I guarantee Kobasew will not be the top line RW in the playoffs.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I guarantee Kobasew will not be the top line RW in the playoffs.

so why waste everyone's time with him there now when someone that has a marginally higher though non-negative probability of being there come playoff time watches from the press box?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Megna is a better player and should be on Crosby's RW over Kobasew. You seemed to be arguing that they were both 4th liners anyway, so what does it matter. I'm just saying it matters IMO.

I agree that I'd rather see Megna on his line right now, than Kobasew. I'm just a bit tired of the overhyping of any fast young prospect. It's like the fan base has never gotten over it's Rico Fata and Kostastine Koltsov disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad